OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:41 am 
Old Man of the Post

Promising young prospect, Chris Tanev.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:26 am 
Old Man of the Post

Schroeder looking good at the Prospects Camp.

More on 20-year-old, Chris Tanev.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:21 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

http://www.puckworlds.com/2010/7/27/157 ... -tps-turku

I mentioned Lee Sweatt in a previous thread. Here's my PW piece on Turku winning the SM-Liiga, and Sweatt's arrival (and Aki Berg's injury :haha: ) was the turning point in the season for the team. Sweatt probably deserved the MVP over Filpulla.

I'm getting hits from the Vancouver forum on HF. I'm getting better at drawing hits, that's for sure.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:09 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Yann Sauve was involved in a motor vehicle crash on Saturday... http://communities.canada.com/VANCOUVER ... crash.aspx

Great. Just great.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:17 pm 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

No motorcycles for Canucks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

In all seriousness no professional athlete should be on one. I'm not calling for a ban or anything, but really, these kids need to weigh their desire to play hockey at the pro level against the thrill of riding a bike at 60+ MPH.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:58 am 

Av-merican wrote:
In all seriousness no professional athlete should be on one. I'm not calling for a ban or anything, but really, these kids need to weigh their desire to play hockey at the pro level against the thrill of riding a bike at 60+ MPH.

They're generally a pretty unsafe mode of transportation in comparison to cars. I doubt pro athletes have a higher death rate on them amongst the group that uses them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:18 am 
Old Man of the Post

Yann Sauve was hit jaywalking against a red light... Clearly, doing that is even more unsafe than riding a motorcycle...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:49 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

saskhab wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

They're generally a pretty unsafe mode of transportation in comparison to cars. I doubt pro athletes have a higher death rate on them amongst the group that uses them.

True, but when your physical well-being is absolutely vital to your income, I would think some of these athletes would use a tad more caution in their everyday lives.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:55 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
saskhab wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

True, but when your physical well-being is absolutely vital to your income, I would think some of these athletes would use a tad more caution in their everyday lives.

I think everyone's physical well-being is vital to their income. ;)

It's just we may not notice the guy working for the cable company that becomes a quadraplegic after a nasty motorcycle accident as much as the wide receiver for the Redskins.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:45 am 
Old Man of the Post

Ziemer's take on the Baby Cannots:
  • Eddie Lack (G) looked great in net, and could give Vancouver a solid call-up option should either Luongo or Schneider go down with an injury.
  • Tanev and Connauton looked the best among a mediocre group of defensemen.
  • Bill Sweatt has big league wheels - it'll be interesting to see if he can harness that and demonstrate any kind of finish. For every five Ryan Shannons/Steve Kariyas/Michael Grabners, we seem to find one Mason Raymond... I'm guessing this might be more of the former than the latter.
  • Schroeder was disappointing. He'll have another shot to make the big club at the main camp. His Moose coach, Claude Noel has already called him out and expects to see more from him.

Other notes:
  • Prab Rai will have a tough time making the Moose, otherwise could end up with the Salmon Kings.
  • Given the CoHo injury situation, I imagine he'll also start the season in Manitoba.
  • Likewise last year's training camp darling, Sergei Shirokov, who has all but dropped off the list.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:21 pm 
Big in Japan

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Yann Sauve was hit jaywalking against a red light...

At least we now have definitive proof he's from Quebec.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:17 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:
Yann Sauve was hit jaywalking against a red light...

At least we now have definitive proof he's from Quebec.

I still do it and i've lived in Ontario for 16 years now. :lol: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:31 pm 
Old Man of the Post

The latest Baby Cannot: 6'3" Darren Archibald

HAPPY CAMPER: It's been a hectic week for Darren Archibald, the newest player to join the Canuck organization.

The 20-year-old left-winger was traded last week to the OHL's Niagara Ice Dogs from the Barrie Colts, where he had played the past two-plus seasons. Then on the weekend, he signed an entry-level contract with the Canucks, who didn't announce the deal until Monday.

Archibald was undrafted, but attended two NHL training camps with Columbus and Detroit.

"It's been a bit of a tease the last couple of years being to some NHL camps and this is a great load off the shoulders," he said in a weekend TV interview in Ontario. "I have been patient a long time and I'm just happy my dream finally came true."

Archibald has put up some decent numbers in the OHL. In two full seasons in Barrie, Archibald had 51 goals, 108 points and 97 penalty minutes in 125 games played. He has 18 goals and 30 points in 27 games this season.

"I am excited to finally be part of an organization in the NHL," Archibald said. "The next step is to get better and work my way up."

The 6-3 Archibald is a new teammate of centre Alex Friesen, who was Vancouver's sixth-round pick at last summer's NHL draft. Friesen is off to a nice start this season with the IceDogs, with 12 goals and 32 points in 31 games.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 pm 
Old Man of the Post

So Andersson gets sent down and Aaron Volpatti gets his turn on the 4th line...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 am 
Old Man of the Post

Cannots to waive Jonas Andersson so he may pursue his lifelong dream of making more money in the KHL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:17 pm 
Old Man of the Post

CoHO and Schroeder are due to return to the Manitoba lineup soon....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:20 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

[flash=http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/whitetowel/archive/2011/01/21/moose-target-wednesday-as-hodgson-s-return-to-moose-lineup-schroeder-back-in-on-friday.aspx]CoHO and Schroeder[/flash] are due to return to the Manitoba lineup soon....
I know it's kind of personal tcl but your linky doesn't work ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Oops - try it now..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:33 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

Oops - try it now..

:cheers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next