OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:34 am 
Old Man of the Post

What's the word on EP40's injury? There's been nothing tangible to date on what's been ailing him. Last I heard it was a wrist injury...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:56 am 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
What's the word on EP40's injury? There's been nothing tangible to date on what's been ailing him. Last I heard it was a wrist injury...

Last I heard probably out for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:46 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Hoo boy...

https://apple.news/A3zvz7VwbRmWVO6OBYNAFwA

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:56 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
I bet that's the last we see of this guy in the league if true.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:22 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Logical Progression wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Doubt it. Evander Kane and Patrick Kane have been accused of similar or worse and both are playing and still making gobs of money (though Evander’s funds are likely going to pay off his considerable gambling debts). Bobby Hull might be the very worst human being to ever don an NHL uniform and yet he’s still worshipped as a legend.

Now, you could be right but for one very sad reason. Jake is a bad hockey player. If he actually had the brainpower to utilize the vast talent at his disposal, there would be no end to the second chances. But given that he’s a pretty unremarkable player at this point, the Canucks and other teams might not believe he’s worth the trouble.

Should’ve dumped his ass when you had the chance, Jim.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Doubt it. Evander Kane and Patrick Kane have been accused of similar or worse and both are playing and still making gobs of money (though Evander’s funds are likely going to pay off his considerable gambling debts). Bobby Hull might be the very worst human being to ever don an NHL uniform and yet he’s still worshipped as a legend.

Now, you could be right but for one very sad reason. Jake is a bad hockey player. If he actually had the brainpower to utilize the vast talent at his disposal, there would be no end to the second chances. But given that he’s a pretty unremarkable player at this point, the Canucks and other teams might not believe he’s worth the trouble.

Should’ve dumped his ass when you had the chance, Jim.
There's one thing the Kanes are good at that JV18 ain't - it's playing hockey. I say Jakes's a goner.

I noticed that HNIC have completely steered clear of the story except for simply reading the Canucks statement verbatim in the 2nd intermission of the Leafs/ Nucks "marquis" match up and leaving it at that.

Powder keg topic. One word taken out of context and it explodes in their face. Plus the liability factor and potential egg on league face factor.

Perhaps the Canucks are within the CBA to terminate his contract (if true).

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:12 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Yeah I saw this on the CTV ticker yesterday. JV18 is barely a hockey player and I agree, if this is true, he should be done as a player. Not a good look.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9