OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:04 pm 

My take, once it was understood that the variants were 40% more contagious (january), the NHL protocols needed to be updated and made more stringent. Nice thought piece on the protocols here. https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canu ... ks-3603850

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:36 pm 
Big in Japan

Tanner Pearson gets 3 years, $3.25M AAV. This team didn't need another mid guy signed long-term. Thumbs down.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:40 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Why not trade him and try and sign in the off season? I could see this if he was a significant core piece but while a good player he is not someone you build around.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:09 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Big thumbs down. I am about to tap out here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:26 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Why not trade him and try and sign in the off season? I could see this if he was a significant core piece but while a good player he is not someone you build around.

NTC 1st year, LTM of 7 teams in 2nd year.

On a good team he'd be good 3rd line player but at his age will likely show regression. Seems a bit high when considering his age and what he brings and when considering flat cap. On the other hand compared to Beagle, Roussel, Sutter, Ferland, Eriksson it does actually seem like an improvement in Benning's negotiations.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:31 pm 

From Dayal, the Canucks let Tyler Toffoli, who's 6th in the NHL with 19 goals walk at $4.25M.

Now they're re-signing Tanner Pearson, who has 11 points in 33 games at $3.25M.

This doesn't seem like ideal asset management putting it mildly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:19 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
From Dayal, the Canucks let Tyler Toffoli, who's 6th in the NHL with 19 goals walk at $4.25M.

Now they're re-signing Tanner Pearson, who has 11 points in 33 games at $3.25M.

This doesn't seem like ideal asset management putting it mildly.

lol at "ideal" I'd be happy.........well not happy but somewhat less discontented if Benning could improve to middle of the pack, which this seems to be. It's a poor decision which is better than the many dreadful ones that came before.

Teacher Report: After an extremely slow start Jimmy is showing belated signs of improvement and if this trend continues I expect him to pass this course with perhaps as high a grade as C-.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:08 pm 

Fuck, fuck, fuck...............I can't believe just one post back I was generously consider Benning was improving and offerered him a C minus rating.

If this is true, then again its a big F for failing. And with Benning I'm 99% sure it is true.

Quote:
And we haven’t even talked about the 2021 Expansion Draft yet. If the reporting of Thomas Drance is to be believed — and it almost always is — Pearson and Canucks’ management have a handshake agreement that Pearson will be protected from selection by the Seattle Kraken.

He’ll join Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, and Bo Horvat in occupying five of Vancouver’s seven protection slots for forwards. That leaves two slots for all of Motte, Virtanen, Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich, Zack MacEwen, and anyone else they add or retain to fight for.

No way in hell the Nucks should be giving up any of these players for Pearson at this time of their development.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:41 pm 

What do you expect from Mr. Yes Man? This is an inside job. The owner absolutely loves the guy. Like why not do a one year deal and test where the market goes? They are probably spooked by losing every single free agent last year. Pearson isn't even a special teams player so there's not a lot of added value there, proving once again that this league buys into the championship pedigree fallacy and none more than Jimbo (see also Beagle, Holtby, Toffoli ...oh wait.)

What a bunch of dumbaases. Like what are Travis Green and Ian Clarke thinking right now? "Fuck this lot" - I bet.

Let's go Kraken! :can:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:25 pm 

Quote:
“When we talked to his agent, we kind of went through the process and decided that if he goes to free agency that this number is probably the number he is going to get in free agency,” said Benning.

good grief, he knowingly paid full sticker price? This is not the Aquilini way at all. They screw over contractors on work done, they didn't get rich by being fair and honest..........lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:38 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Quote:
“When we talked to his agent, we kind of went through the process and decided that if he goes to free agency that this number is probably the number he is going to get in free agency,” said Benning.
good grief, he knowingly paid full sticker price? This is not the Aquilini way at all. They screw over contractors on work done, they didn't get rich by being fair and honest..........lol
I think paid a premium well above sticker price and for 3 years no less. They talked to his agent and determined that? :lol: What a joke. Middle 6 winger heading towards bottom 6 guy 1/3 of a point per game player.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8