All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:08 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=91 ... 0576267747

8 years, 11.5M AAV.

Leafs' off-season will be fun to watch!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:02 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

They'll be the most top-heavy team in the league by a hefty margin but they kinda had to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:35 pm 
King of Men

I don't get this. Why? Because its 3 Lives doing 3 Lives things.

Already can't get it done with what they got but let's throw more money at it. And then to make it even worse its all NMC until most of this board is retired or grandparents!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:09 pm 

And now Elias Pettersson is going to get $12 mil to $12.5. The idea of him getting $11.5 is gone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:30 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
And now Elias Pettersson is going to get $12 mil to $12.5. The idea of him getting $11.5 is gone.

Isles announcers said that last night during the game. I think the quote was "the only guy happier about Nylander's contract than Nylander is Elias Pettersson". :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:54 pm 
Big in Japan

With only a year left on the Tavares deal, it could be one year of pain before JT becomes a free agent again. Only his leaving would just create another hole.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:37 pm 

https://x.com/jhanhky/status/1745124768 ... yR9BLHXYUg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:44 am 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
https://x.com/jhanhky/status/1745124768221655382?s=46&t=sLAgOVGWI1ThyR9BLHXYUg

:doh: Is that Don trumpeting Nick Ritchie over Nylander? As I said elsewhere...there's a time in the cycle when its time to step aside. The Leafs still don't know what they are doing....but at least its not Nick Ritchie again. Nick would have been great if it was the 90s.

Not sure how 4 dudes on one team (all forwards at that) can make over 10 Mill and be successful but whatever I guess. Its the Leafs. :wookie:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:55 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
:doh: Is that Don trumpeting Nick Ritchie over Nylander? As I said elsewhere...there's a time in the cycle when its time to step aside. The Leafs still don't know what they are doing....but at least its not Nick Ritchie again. Nick would have been great if it was the 90s.

Not sure how 4 dudes on one team (all forwards at that) can make over 10 Mill and be successful but whatever I guess. Its the Leafs. :wookie:

Some dude tweeted (or X'ed, I don't know what the fuck we call it now) that Cherry should be in the Hall of Fame as a builder and got absolutely ROASTED. :lol: I'll give him credit, he came back on and admitted he hadn't really thought it through when he posted it and thanked everyone for educating him.

IMO Ritchie would be a bust even in the full swing of the Dead Puck Era. I don't see him even becoming a Mike Rupp-type in that league. On top of being hugely overrated he's one of the dumbest guys to ever take the ice. You don't even have to watch him play, just look at his face.

Someone on HF described it better, essentially saying: "He looks like that guy you knew growing up who'd let one rip in public and laugh about it." I think he's right.

Anyway, I remain a big fan of Big Willie Style (though I've always been a bigger fan of his dad) but geez man, didn't have to pull the disappearing act RIGHT after you sign that massive deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:06 pm 

He looks more like he'd sniff someone else's fart and then laugh. I'm not really photogenic, but some of the pics of these guys... WTF? :lol: Tanev- I'm looking at you. Though not quite as bug-eyed as you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:35 pm 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:
He looks more like he'd sniff someone else's fart and then laugh.

But still managed to take down close to 12 Million in earnings in 6 years.......I am sure that laugh isn't only at the fart.
;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:03 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
He looks more like he'd sniff someone else's fart and then laugh.

But still managed to take down close to 12 Million in earnings in 6 years.......I am sure that laugh isn't only at the fart.
;)

I'm sure pretty much any pro athlete laughs at all of us, especially those of us who bother to talk about them on sites like this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:14 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
;)

Show me a big oaf on skates who has even a modicum of skill, and I'll show you a GM practically drooling with a suitcase full of cash in hand.

Career high...31 points. That's "meh" third liner territory at best.

IMO if he were right-handed he'd still be in the NHL.