OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:26 pm 
King of the One-Liner

At some point you have to take the shooting percentage as a reason to break them up not keep them together in that regard I do also point at coaching.

This season Marner and Matthews combined for 1 goal on 54 shots and last season it was 2 for 41. Playoffs are too short to not switch them up with that kinda shooting percentage at the least if you break them up one of them will get some time away from the top shut down guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:27 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
I think it's a tad worrisome that the guy getting the best looks by far on that Matthews/Marner line was Zach Hyman, and if you're Price and the Habs, you take that all day.

A smarter person will have to explain to me exactly how this works, but it's been suggested that this was by design, that the Habs left Hyman alone to make him an attractive target and Matthews/Marner fell for it every time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:15 pm 
Big in Japan

Quote:
Brendan Shanahan: There will be changes. ... There's a killer instinct that's missing that we need to address #Leafs

Mitch Marner for Corey Perry please and thank you :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:28 pm 
Big in Japan

I think Dubas and the Leafs outsmarted themselves playing the expansion draft game.

They gave up little for McCann (Hallander and a 7th), which is good, and used him as cannon fodder so they can keep Kerfoot and Holl. Seattle bit and took McCann. But was it worth it? No guarantee Holl would've been taken, and McCann would've been a nice add to the forward corps.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:41 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Makes no sense to me whatsoever. Just risk losing Holl then. It isn't worth this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:05 pm 

If I didn't know better - and I usually don't :fry: - I would get the impression that Dubas realizes he's stuck himself in a corner wrt to the cap, and is at a loss with how to improve the team while keeping the top 4. So he's taken on the tried and tested trick of "looking busy" and hope the core figures it out..

I don't know if anyone bothers with Steve Dangle et co here, but he made an interesting observation that during the Matthews era, the Leafs have led in the 1st round almost each year, only to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 pm 

I'm reading the Leafs finally did away with the last of the "Hunter picks" on defense, trading the guy's rights to Boston for future considerations.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:24 am 
Big in Japan

Good move replacing the rapidly declining Freddy Andersen with solid tandem type Petr Mrazek.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:00 pm 

I don't know much about him as a player, but his advocacy work is any indication, Kurtis Gabriel is a pretty good human being. Nice pickup.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:12 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Good move replacing the rapidly declining Freddy Andersen with solid tandem type Petr Mrazek.

Solid move. Was worried about the Leafs relying on Campbell given a lack of track record.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:20 am 
OTP Historian

BCG wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Solid move. Was worried about the Leafs relying on Campbell given a lack of track record.

Wait you're a Habs fan. Wouldn't you want that? :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:39 pm 

Bosc wrote:
BCG wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Wait you're a Habs fan. Wouldn't you want that? :P

Shhhh!!! Lol - yeah... I have to admit I want them to end their losing streak because man.... some of their fans are really hurtin. And for so fucking long! If Montreal isn't going to make winning their top priority, then I have to respect an organization that does - especially when some good friends are supporting them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:55 am 
OTP Historian

BCG wrote:
Shhhh!!! Lol - yeah... I have to admit I want them to end their losing streak because man.... some of their fans are really hurtin. And for so fucking long! If Montreal isn't going to make winning their top priority, then I have to respect an organization that does - especially when some good friends are supporting them.

Same, would like to see them win one for my Dad. He was 13 years old when they last won it. I told him recently he should have become a Habs fan when Detroit traded his favorite player, The Big M, to them :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:18 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Matthews with wrist surgery. 6 weeks to heal. Weird that he's having it now and not sooner after the season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:02 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
Matthews with wrist surgery. 6 weeks to heal. Weird that he's having it now and not sooner after the season.

Sounds like it got worse during offseason training.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:32 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Sounds like it got worse during offseason training.

Damn, that sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:12 am 
King of the One-Liner

I feel like he has had wrist issues before this season and much of what makes his shot options so scary comes from the wrist. Hopefully I am imagining the past wrist issues and/or he is completely healed after surgery.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:41 pm 
Old Man of the Post

EP40 was sidelined for most of the second half of the season with what was initially deemed to be a minor wrist injury... then it was day-to-day, then week-to-week. He was lucky because that injury kept him off the ice and away from his teammates during the COVID outbreak in February...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:31 am 
Big in Japan

Gusev PTO. Offensive player, struggles to finish and skates like he's in quicksand. Bonne chance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:55 pm 
King of Men

Oh Great Caesars ghost! Nik Ritchie on the top line?...................pffffffffttttttttttttttttttt. :lol: Well I hope it works out and you are all laughing at me 30 days in. Maybe he's your Kevin Stevens or John LeClair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next