OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:58 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Some Leaf fans where quick to wonder why assets where used on Muzzin when they needed right side help more. Well now with Dermott and Gardiner both out week to week it is not looking so bad. Though Muzzin has been showing some growing pains with the system and being caught in indecision. good thing they moved on him early and they can work it out.

So the big return to the Island tonight for Tavares. Expect a flat Leaf performance to be honest. Back to back, backup goalie, down a few D, and won the night before. I doubt the Tavares return means that much to the guys on the ice at this time of the year where playoff position concerns become so real but if I was Babs I would actually push it as they likely will need a spark.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:09 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Must be in the stretch drive keep looking at the standings and thinking great have to get through Boston and Tampa in the first two rounds who are a combined 18-1-1 in the last ten. Fifth best record in the league and they would have to make it to the conference final to see home ice if playoffs started today. Well they took Boston last year to seven as underdogs but not all doom and gloom.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:19 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

God, Babs may be an elite coach but he sure can be exasperating at times. Is he seriously bitching about not having career fourth liner Par Lindholm? How hard is it to construct a viable fourth line given what's on the roster AND the depth provided by the frickin' Marlies!?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:29 am 
King of the One-Liner

the fourth line has been mostly great. the Petan at center last game did not work very well, though the Goat does not share the offensive flair the other three fourth liners bring he does a lot of things that has the fourth line mostly in possession of the puck and playing in the other teams end. Did not here what Babs said about Lindholm but that is my thoughts on the fourth line. Really like Ennis, Moore, and Goat together. Do not know enough about Petan to have an opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:16 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Well if one big thing has come out of the Rielly slurgate for me is that an awful lot of Hockey fans on social media have no idea that "rag it" is a common phrase on the ice. Though I guess if you have no actual on ice experience it makes sense you would not be familiar with it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:55 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Hounsy wrote:
Well if one big thing has come out of the Rielly slurgate for me is that an awful lot of Hockey fans on social media have no idea that "rag it" is a common phrase on the ice. Though I guess if you have no actual on ice experience it makes sense you would not be familiar with it.
:lol: "You fuckin' rag it, rag it"

For the record, no BC boys are homophobic. Just ask Razz. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:

Carcillo was on twitter saying he hadn't heard it in his career.

I literally yelled it a week or two ago to a D-partner. I can't remember using it otherwise because it isn't exactly common where you'd need to in beer hockey. "Hold it" is like the same, and I've used that a lot.

I don't like that people immediately jumped on Rielly even with the video because the video isn't entirely clear, but the amount of people who just want to let it go or excuse as in the heat of the moment...fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:12 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Logical Progression wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
:lol: "You fuckin' rag it, rag it"

For the record, no BC boys are homophobic. Just ask Razz. :lol:

The "fucking" was Rielly and the rag it was from Tampa. In fact you can hear a tampa player on the replay continue to say "rag, rag, rag" as the tampa player picks up the puck in the corner. You can also make out Rielly say fucking hook two times before the one that overlapped with the other audio.

As well my comment on social media hockey sources not knowing "rag it" as a common hockey term it is because after the explanation they question if the term is legit as they are not aware of it and believe it to be made up as an excuse.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:12 pm 
Big in Japan

Leafs signed Mercyhurst College defenceman Joseph Duszak. Considered a great skater. Could be intriguing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm 
King of Men

Eghad....what a sorry state of PC the game and whoever the hell is reporting on that has fallen into. Not even sure how "rag it" is homophobic...people really have nothing better to do it seems. :roll:

Now what I would be more concerned about as a Leafs Fan, media PC shill, is facing the Bruins in round 1.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:35 pm 

We know those slurs and others still get thrown around in the game. Overreaction or not I like how the Leafs handled it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:43 pm 
King of the One-Liner

E.L. wrote:
Leafs signed Mercyhurst College defenceman Joseph Duszak. Considered a great skater. Could be intriguing.

Worth a shot, but the rover game I read he plays likely will not translate but they can work on it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I have a beer league team mate from the Toronto area. He once told me to "rag it". I was so confused I held onto the puck because I had a mini-stroke trying to figure out wtf he meant. I eventually got over the red and dumped it. He told me I did well. So I wasn't sure if ragging it meant holding onto it or dumping it. And was too embarrassed to ask. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:14 am 
King of the One-Liner

limping towards playoffs. Did not like the Boston match up already, and the way the Leafs are playing confidence in this teams chances continue to erode.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:55 pm 
King of Men

So it shall be written so it shall be done! Let's see what the Leafs have in the tank this year! The Bruins await!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:18 pm 

I understand why they're making the move, but I can't say I agree with it.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/maple- ... 07503.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:19 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Some guys can't find there game on a backup work load. Guessing he needs to play a lot to be at his best, but his best is not NHL level. likely will scratch out a good career in Europe/KHL in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:35 pm 
Big in Japan

Leafs are good, an offensive powerhouse, but they might still be only the third best team in the division. Doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 am 
King of the One-Liner

E.L. wrote:
Leafs are good, an offensive powerhouse, but they might still be only the third best team in the division. Doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

They are the third best. Upsets happen and the team is finally healthy again, but they are no doubt underdogs to win a round let alone more than that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:35 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

So now Tavares says he was really close to signing with the Bruins. Is he just trying to not get his ass kicked by the Bruins, or is he trying to not get booed there too? iiam:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next