OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:23 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Kadri making throat slitting gesture last night after being hit. Suspect he gets a game for it, what a dope.

Went back after him, got levelled. Took another run, and bailed into the end boards :lol:

This video is hilarious, especially if you are not a fan of Dustin Brown.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:28 pm 
Big in Japan

Looks like the Leafs are going to give Colin Greening a chance to rebuild his career.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gree ... ple-leafs/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Awesome. Gio rules.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:34 am 
King of the One-Liner

Well the picks are stockpiling and counting 2 1st(if Pens make playoffs), 1 2nd, 2 in rounds 3 to 6, and one in second...and would be surprised if they didn't add another one or two to that. Could be looking at 14 picks if we seems like an awful lot. Hopefully they add a significant impact player with their pick and can then add a contributor or two with the later rounds. They need to add a goalie to the system in my opinion, even if it is just a late round project like most are.

As well they have added two seconds in 2017 to add to theirs and one in 2018 all ready. No one can not say they are taking their time and building through the draft now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:47 pm 
Big in Japan

Quote:
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 3h
Rehab set back has #Leafs van Riemsdyk likely done for rest of season. 100% full recovery expected for the fall.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:25 pm 
King of the One-Liner

PAP and Boyes clearly where not getting much value if they are still around and a couple of guys like that might be nice to keep on hand as the young guys dip their feet in the pool. Thought PAP might have picked up something worth while but he does feel like he was force fed lots of PP time to get to that respectable goal total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:14 pm 
Big in Japan

Lou Lams says they're shutting down Cowen and will buy him out in the summer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:11 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Hounsy wrote:
PAP and Boyes clearly where not getting much value if they are still around and a couple of guys like that might be nice to keep on hand as the young guys dip their feet in the pool. Thought PAP might have picked up something worth while but he does feel like he was force fed lots of PP time to get to that respectable goal total.

Supposedly the Isles were interested in PAP, but the Leafs wanted too much for him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 am 
King of the One-Liner

I just love watching Frederik Gauthier play these last few games, would think that all the coaches and goalies for that matter feel the same about him and his style. Then add the fact that he looks so happy playing that no razzle dazzle responsible defensive game and it makes him come off as a bit of a odd character, likable but odd. Like a Labrador retriever on ice maybe.

Oh and Nylander looks great, but in a more conventional sorta way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:40 am 
King of Men

That Nylander is a quality guy. Maybe things are turning around in Leafdom. Still don't know about Bernier though.....he's let in some god awful ones this year. That shorty on the short from Stajan last night was just rotten. I thought Bernier was dreaming.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:39 am 
King of the One-Liner

harmfuljays wrote:
That Nylander is a quality guy. Maybe things are turning around in Leafdom. Still don't know about Bernier though.....he's let in some god awful ones this year. That shorty on the short from Stajan last night was just rotten. I thought Bernier was dreaming.

Babcock seemed much more confidant in Reimer who is a UFA and just insurance for the Sharks, so who knows if the price is right he could be back in Leafland. Though would not be surprised to see the Flames take a run at him.

And just like that Gauthier is sent back to the Marlies. Expect with Bozak back, but still funny given my comment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:15 pm 
Big in Japan

Could the Leafs be looking to add Alexander Radulov?

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2016/ ... -the-leafs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:29 am 
King of the One-Liner

Well the Leafs now pick no worse than 5th and no doubt some potential for another key piece moving forward.

My expectation is 4th and would think it to come down to Chychrun, Dubois, Nylander, and Tkachuk. Seen three of the four play this year once as they are OHL'ers but I'm far from qualified to say who is the best choice from that limited viewing. Will say though that Chychrun had a "presence" on the ice that makes me partial to him but what "presence" means I'm not sure, just something about him said that I am the man on the ice right now which struck me as odd as he was one of the younger guys out there.