OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:01 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/preview. ... 2011020064

Unbeaten Leafs vs. "streaking" Avs. Hmmmm....I still think the "hot" start is largely a smokescreen. I really, REALLY hope our slower d-men don't let Kessel sneak past them, unfortunately I think we'll be seeing at least one Leafs goal due to Ryan Wilson falling down and/or Ryan O'Byrne losing his stick, both things of which happen with alarming regularity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:05 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Giggy in the nets....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:04 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 pm 
Drunken Lout

Awesome! :laugh:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 pm 

Totally spaced this is the first game of John-Michael Liles against his old club. Hope Leafs fans are appreciating him. He's not as good as Kaberle but has way more heart, and won't frustrate to the point of madness by refusing to shoot the puck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:19 pm 

Must be a cool game ..... I wouldn't know. I only bought the hockey package .... I didn't up my DISH subscription to include Versus.

:wookie:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:51 pm 

Missed the 1st, but I guess the game didn't actually start until the 2nd so that's fine.

Neither goalie is playing particularly well. Reimer had a piece of both goals that went in. The Kessel goal wasn't necessarily Giggy's fault, but he's been lucky the Leafs failed to capitalize on some solid chances with him out of position.

Haven't seen a whole lot from Liles. Bozak committed a particularly dumb penalty that led directly to the Hejduk goal. Best Leafs players out there IMO are Kessel and Kulemin.

Freakin' thrilled with our two newest defensemen Shane O'Brien and Ryan Wilson. I say that because this Ryan Wilson looks NOTHING like the one from last season.

Also freakin' thrilled with Ryan O'Reilly. Dude has kicked it into a new gear--he's not fast but he sure as hell looks fast out there right now.

Can't believe we're winning the faceoff battle. That never happens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 pm 

Leonard Washington wrote:
Must be a cool game ..... I wouldn't know. I only bought the hockey package .... I didn't up my DISH subscription to include Versus.

:wookie:

Bootleg feed dude, bootleg feed. Look on HF in the game thread, someone usually posts a link to one in there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:32 pm 

Wow...only 4 goals total so far but all the excitement you could ask for.

Leafs have been surging the last 6-7 minutes or so. Despite the fact it was a high stick, astounding play by Kulemin to keep it in at the blue line and then drop back down to put in the GTG.

Not yet sure what to make of Jan Hejda. Plays a good physical game, but prone to some boneheaded mistakes.

Giggy's been serving up juicy rebounds all night long, one of which led to Kulemin's goal. Bring back the Michelin pads!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:33 pm 

End of regulation, someone goes home w/a loser point.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:40 pm 

JONES!!!!

Awesome game.

What a difference a year makes. Last time the Avs played the Leafs, Toronto looked listless and disorganized. Not so this year...although Phaneuf is still capable of stupid turnovers. Even his boy Pierre McGuire had to call him on it.

Not thrilled with Giggy's game tonight, but hey, he made some key saves, so I'm happy. Also happy to see the Avs actually attacking the net, even though they're still having a problem actually putting it in the net.

And since I won't have the chance to say it much longer...say hello to your WESTERN CONFERENCE LEADING AVALANCHE!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 am 
King of the One-Liner

I thought the game was pretty lifeless and lacking in scoring chances, the first three goals of the game should of been stopped. Either way happy the team got a point playing pretty crappy for two periods.