(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:26 pm 
OTP Historian

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326386

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:39 am 
King of the One-Liner

This makes me happy, he is a fantastic complimentary top six type imo. He plays great two way game though not huge uses angles and body leverage to play "bigger" and while he takes the defense responsibility of his more offensive line mates he can still keep up in the O zone. Actually really like him lining up opposite wing of Kessel, actually see no reason to not start the year with those two and Bozak as they looked really good last year and some if not all of them should still be improving.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:15 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
This makes me happy, he is a fantastic complimentary top six type imo. He plays great two way game though not huge uses angles and body leverage to play "bigger" and while he takes the defense responsibility of his more offensive line mates he can still keep up in the O zone. Actually really like him lining up opposite wing of Kessel, actually see no reason to not start the year with those two and Bozak as they looked really good last year and some if not all of them should still be improving.

Cool. I hardly watched the Leafs at all last season so I didn't get to see much of Kulemin. My impression from wherever I got it was that he was strictly an offensive guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:41 pm 
Drunken Lout

Good deal for the price, especially in light of Armstong et al.

Not so sure I share Hounsy'se enthusiasm for him as our top LW, but Kulemin actually is a pretty good player, and I guess we do have to start somewhere...

Is it a bad thing that we're restarting the rebuild we were supposed to be starting last year? Only with no draft picks and even fewer prospects? It kind of feels like a bad thing...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:55 am 
King of the One-Liner

GrGecko wrote:
Not so sure I share Hounsy'se enthusiasm for him as our top LW, but Kulemin actually is a pretty good player, and I guess we do have to start somewhere...

Well I actually in my mind slot him in as the 2nd LW on the depth chart and not the guy carrying the offensive load for his line.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:08 am 
Drunken Lout

Yeah, I can see him as a good support player on a second line.

I think I'm just getting a little sick of this team sucking year after year and getting overly negative about the whole deal. Shared a few brews with some other Leaf fans last night- a surprisingly rare pleasure lately- and their doe-eyed enthusiasm has turned me around somewhat.

Let the march for the 8th seed begin! :viking: