OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:25 pm 
He of the red stockings

what happened to Armstrong? I know he took a beating from Seidenberg of all people last night.

Well, while we're at it, what happened to Lupul?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:32 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

hipcheck wrote:
what happened to Armstrong? I know he took a beating from Seidenberg of all people last night.

Well, while we're at it, what happened to Lupul?

Armstrong benefited from being one of Crosby's first productive linemates before everyone realized Crosby could make a muskrat into a productive winger. From there he went to Atlanta where he manaed a 22-goal season with the likes of Ilya Kovalchuk and Bryan Little (who hit his career high 31 goals that same season) followed by a 15-goal season. So naturally Burke thought he could do this sort of thing without elite linemates or much in the way of scoring depth, so he signed the guy to a fairly pricey contract...whoops. Trying to play through a concussion this season only made matters worse.

As for Lupul, well, it could be a combination of finally recovering from a major back injury and the humiliation he suffered on reality television that finally prompted him to get his act together. It's quite shocking actually that he managed to get this far into the season before finally getting injured.

But yeah...this is pretty much the end of the road for the Leafs this season. This will definitely be the most important offseason of Burke's career. If he doesn't make the playoffs NEXT year it'll be his job in jeopardy. Duhatschek says the Leafs are close. Frankly I'm not sure of that at all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:04 pm 

Matt Frattin a -3 on the the night against the Pens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:32 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Joe Colbourne: 18 points in last 40 AHL games. Reportedly looking lazy.

:clint:

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:53 am 
King of the One-Liner

Still would take him over Kabs right now one for one so as they say on the internet..."I'm not even mad"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 am 

Apparently the Leafs are planning on riding out Gustafsson to 'see what he's got'. Well, in case you haven't seen enough already... here are Gustafsson's comparables for the past decade, from @67sound on Twitter. Goalies with more than 2000 saves and less than a .905 SV%.

Side note, this is the only list ever found that Rick DiPietro leads in games played.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 am 

Today is all about the Leafs for me apparently. This is brilliant considering the title of this thread:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2012/ ... no-we-cant

I think we can close this thread now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:47 am 
King of the One-Liner

Seems to me Reimer who is back next year is being sheltered from the shit storm and they are just going to hang out an on his way out Monster.

All a Moot point as Mark in the Park has all but wrapped up next seasons Vezina already.

Sparks in 2015!!!

:fffffuck:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:00 pm 

You know what? I think it is indeed time to close this thread now that Burke's first "term" is over with. Feel free to begin something new.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28