OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:27 am 
King of the One-Liner

Third star of the month for Nov and fourth in league scoring and starting to take on a bit of a leadership role up front on the ice I believe. His skill level is surprising, always thought he was an around the net finisher and that was it but his offensive game seems much more complete.

Guess if you can catch a player with pedigree and a chip on their shoulder right when the health works out things salary dumps can turn around. I give Burke credit though, he right from the day of the trade talked like he had something he wanted in Lupul and seemed believable as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:02 am 

I was really psyched about this deal when it happened - we all knew he could put the puck in the net, but wouldn't have imagined Lupul would be in the top 5 in scoring 1/4 of the way into the season. And speaking of a leadership roll; Lupul has also demonstrated a healthy command of the spoken word; something Phaneuf (or a number of other Leafs) still haven't been able to put together.

Considering the injury and complications from back surgery; pretty marvelous what he's put together. Had me holding my breath the other night with that knee on knee.

:chris18:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 pm 

.... Uh oh.

:chris18: