OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Tale of the Tape... Sun's and the Province's pregame hype.

The Cannots are 8-1-1 in their last ten while the damned Blues are 3-5-2... The last time Vancouver lost in regulation was against these same Blues, only this time, St. Louis gets Roman Polak back from injury. One can only hope that Halak's recent struggles will continue, but somehow, I doubt it. St. Louis always seems to play Vancouver tough and I expect an even grittier game than last time. If Luongo allows a weak goal early, and it seems he allows at least one bad goal per game in the last few games, then it will be an uphill climb from there on in... If Kesler continues his red-hot play, and Vancouver gets on the board first, then I like Vancouver's chances. But Vancouver is due for a bit of a stumble and my guess is tonight is when it happens.

3-2 St. Louis...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:30 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

You'd think after he felt after the whole "white way" debacle Darren Pang is dreading the return of Roman Polak.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:34 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

The Blues are always competitive against the Canucks. We will beat the law of averages tonight though! :viking:

Now, off to Rogers Centre to do some Christmas shopping!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:34 pm 
OTPoliceman

I missed five of the Canucks games while we were away on vacation. I've seen four since returning and while the Canucks took 7 of 8 possible points in those games, they looked as if they played just well enough to win. Their schedule up to this point has been fairly easy but that changes with 21 games in 40 days. Now their intensity has to escalate. St. Louis beat this team in their barn for their last outright loss. I say the Canucks will get it together for tonight's game and play one of their best. 3-0 Canucks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:52 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

drl perfect III wrote:
I missed five of the Canucks games while we were away on vacation. I've seen four since returning and while the Canucks took 7 of 8 possible points in those games, they looked as if they played just well enough to win. Their schedule up to this point has been fairly easy but that changes with 21 games in 40 days. Now their intensity has to escalate. St. Louis beat this team in their barn for their last outright loss. I say the Canucks will get it together for tonight's game and play one of their best. 3-0 Canucks.

Welcome back. Now go back to Panthros duty.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 am 
No Longer Croozin'

3-1 final for the Nuckers and Kesler with another strong game including the winning goal,Volpeppermintpatti with his first career goal as well to open the scoring. :viking: :viking: :viking:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:40 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Sweet sweet pepperminty victory. :viking:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:59 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

The Canucks have lost [in regulation] just once in the 17 games Jeff Tambellini has suited up for. That came on Dec. 5 when the Blues outworked the Canucks 3-2 at Rogers Arena. Tambellini scored his sixth goal of the season on a third-period power play and is 6-5-11. His old team, the Islanders, are 6-18-6 and have exactly one player with a higher goals-per-game ratio than Tambellini's .353.

Note they also have a losing record in the games without Tambo.