OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:34 am 
Old Man of the Post

Just win, dammit!

The Original Slew-Foot... And because Vancouver has never swept a team in a seven game series before...

:Butch:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Man a sweep would be unreal! I get to listen to this game at home, or watch if someone can give me an online hope, but really I'm happy just to listen for a change.

Gotta love the way the conference is shaping up too, not having to play one of the top 2 if we make it to next round would be a huge bonus if that happens and show why getting the 3rd seed did matter. Back to the game though it would be very nice to sit back and speculate while the boys rested up and we watched everyone else kick the crap out of each other. I don't get the momentum argument either, if you win 4 straight maybe you come out slow in the 1st game of the next series but have you really lost momentum as opposed to losing 1 or 2 in this round and then winning and going on?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:28 am 
Old Man of the Post

Nucks believe.

Kariya is back skating but not likely to play. Also, Henrik talking trash? Hrmmmm... Blues' one-dimensional PP is exposed... And on the seventh day, Luongo rested. And it was good. Tkachunk's team has only made it past the first round twice in 14 tries. Then again, how many times have the Canucks made it past the first round?

Sundin didn't skate yesterday, and may not make it on today's roster.

At least one fan in the stands is having fun.

When you are up three games, everyone is playing well... D-uh.

Andy Murray: Mother Hen. In spite of the knowledge that they can't come back to win the series, Blues look to make a 'statement game' - a statement other than say, "Uncle."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:33 am 
Old Man of the Post

CanuckinOz wrote:
Gotta love the way the conference is shaping up too, not having to play one of the top 2 if we make it to next round would be a huge bonus if that happens and show why getting the 3rd seed did matter.

Well, I think that's a scenario that might still happen - if SAJ comes storming back and wins their series against ANA, and DET wins, VAN would play DET, SAJ would play the winner of CHI/CAL.

CanuckinOz wrote:
Back to the game though it would be very nice to sit back and speculate while the boys rested up and we watched everyone else kick the crap out of each other.

Especially since it could mean almost a week to heal some bumps and bruises.

CanuckinOz wrote:
I don't get the momentum argument either, if you win 4 straight maybe you come out slow in the 1st game of the next series but have you really lost momentum as opposed to losing 1 or 2 in this round and then winning and going on?

The Cannots seem to play better when there's just one day between games; of course, having a chance to rest Luongo et al is probably just as important...

I think harmie had some success with justin.tv - I think that's the URL that he got some streaming feeds...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

I watched one a few weeks ago on justin but had a look from work during game one and it didn't look like it was happening but maybe that was cause I was at work, thanks I'll try it.

yeah I know anything can happen but taking 2 as the away team has to give you hope. I don't really care anyway but obviously the later you get to the favourites the better. God knows I didn't want to play anaheim in the first they sure as sh!t turned it on at the end of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:12 am 
Old Man of the Post

I've heard some people say that this link also streams; I think Harmie has had good luck with it, too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 am 
OTP Historian

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
I've heard some people say that this link also streams; I think Harmie has had good luck with it, too.

It used to stream in flash and it was awesome, but that got stopped. Now they link to justin.tv and ustream links, which are hit and miss. I think myp2p.eu links to streams and has some sopcast streams.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:51 am 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

One of the funniest moments from Game 3:

For those who didn't see it, a scrum broke out at the end of the second period, BJ Crombeen went sort of nuts, and twiggy Mason Raymond basically one-armed him out of the scrum and down to the ice and told him to stay TF down.

The amusement on the Canuck bench members' faces is priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:57 am 
Old Man of the Post

Awesome! I had heard of that; apparently, the entire bench gave it to Crombeen for that... If the Cannots go on to win, this has to among the photos that encapsulate the series. :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:18 pm 
Working for the Weekend

yeah that was awesome. Mason raymond flung Crombeen like a dummy. Labarbera was really getting into it. he was leaning over and giving BJ an ear full. There's been some funny moments lke that in the three games. I cant remember who the Blues player was .. might have been Perron?anyhoo somebody was right in Henrik grill giving him heck , Henrik not only had a dopy grin on his face.. the funniest part was he started to compare stick curves and he placed his stick blade side by side with this Blues players blade checking the length and curve. I have to admit Henrik cracked me up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:19 pm 

saskhab wrote:
Jyrki21 wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:
I'd love to have McDonald... Great player. Too bad he's locked up long-term... The kind of player Wellfed should be. :cry:

I'm a big McDonald fan too. Guy went undrafted, and has shown in St. Louis that he was more than just a beneficiary of the talent around him in Anaheim.

The best thing that happened to St. Louis in the past 4 years may have been Niedermeyer holding out in Anaheim.

Some accolades for McDonald in the St. Louis media today, though I find the byline either sad or hilariously ironic, depending on your perspective:

Quote:
BY DAN O'NEILL
POST-DISPATCH GOLF COLUMNIST

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:12 pm 
Old Man of the Post

More courtesy of HF...

The BXA trip on Crombeen:

Murray going postal on the partition between the boards during Game 2. Check out the woman's reaction...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:48 pm 

Kariya is not playing, Sundin is a game-time decision.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:42 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

TCL and Bosc, thanks I'll give them a try

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Jyrki21 wrote:

If it is Sundin's groin I hope they rest him tonight even if he thinks he can go

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:35 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

crap....Salo is out

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:39 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

Awesome stuff there guys :laap: :laap: :laap:

Let's hope the Nucks can bring out the broom for the first time in recent history :cheers:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 pm 
Old Man of the Post

CanuckinOz wrote:
crap....Salo is out

really? Sheeeit!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:21 pm 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

woot! wellfed!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:54 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Oh feck... 2-2 in OT. Blues are determined not to take this one bent over at home in front of their fans. Pity.

Canucks are 0 fer 2 and Blues are 0 fer 4 on the PP. Should be interesting... Listening to this on 1040 as FoxMW would rather show some frigging regular season Cards game than a Blues playoff game... :roll: