OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 pm 
Big in Japan

https://t.co/zWKnnUUMBv

So true, though. Was a hit in Atlanta, hated in Winnipeg and whatever in Buffalo. Hmmmm wonder why... He'll be a hit in SJ.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:26 pm 
Big in Japan

I could totally see the Sharks re-signing Kane, somehow scrounging enough change for Tavares, convincing Thornton to take a sweetheart deal and going fer it the last year of Pavelski and Couture's contract.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Hmmmmmm...that story sure does a lot to gloss over his off-ice incidents. Just because charges weren't filed doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of wrongdoing. And last time I checked, Dustin Byfuglien hasn't really had a lot of trouble in Winnipeg (and I'm one of the people who thought that entire "tip your waiter" garbage was complete nonsense). I also don't give a shit about that stupid money phone thing apart from the fact that he appears to hold a known abuser of women in high regard (but a lot of people do unfortunately).

No doubt that racism has played a part in judgments levied on Kane and other black athletes but Kane, like that other Kane in Chicago, has behaved very badly and shouldn't get a free pass because of it.

One thing's for sure, that trade has completely and utterly blown up in Buffalo's face. Bogosian is a nonentity because of injuries, Kane was hurriedly dealt for middling returns (and reportedly the Pegulas were never going to re-sign him, so Botterill should've gotten rid of him a LOT sooner) and on the other side, even Joel Armia has become a decent role player for the Jets.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Well, whatever the case, the on-ice results have been stellar. Four goals tonight in a thrashing of the Flames.