OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2015-2016 season
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:39 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Game 1 vs. LA: Was great. JT & new captain Pavelski looked possessed, Burns was a force as usual and the 2 Martins (Paul Martin and Martin Jones) looked like fantastic additions. Donskoi gets his first NHL goal though Pavelski essentially ripped it through him and it would have gone in anyway. They dominated LA, though less impressive now that we see the Kings suck so far this year. Lucic was terrible. Looks like Brown has taken his spot on the 1st line now. If Dustin Brown is on your first line it is going to be a long year for the Kings.

Game 2 vs. Ducks I didn't watch but nice to see Marleau score a couple because his line was fairly invisible vs. LA.

Game 3 vs Capitals: a 5-0 whitewashing of the Backstorm-less (hip) and Ovechkin-less (sleepies) Caps. A real 4 line effort. The Martins continue to impress as PMartin is a steadying presence on D and Martin Jones logged his 2nd consecutive shutout. Hertl with another goal he looks like Hertl of 2 years ago. I expect at some point they will replace Donskoi with Hertl on the JT/JP line and it will be one of the most dominant lines in the league.

Post subject: Re: 2015-2016 season
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:40 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Reportedly Couture was hurt at practice today and left on crutches. Not cool!
:doom: :chairshot: :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:08 pm 
OTP Historian

Quote:
(sleepies)

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:50 am 
Big in Japan

Couture indeed got hurt in practice: out 4-6 weeks with a fractured right fibula. Bummer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:15 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

5 game winning streak ended last night but they still got a loser point.

Burns is having an epic season to go along with his epic beard.

Hertl looking great with 7 points in 6 games since getting reunited with Joe & Joe on the top line. Why they didn't do this earlier (like last season) = mystery iiam: .

Jones was a great acquisition, especially givens Stalock's struggles this year. Pavelski having a career year as captain.

These guys should make the playoffs and could do some damage!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:01 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

OK maybe THIS is the year! Everybody who you would want back is back, and they added Boedker and Dave Schlemko. Timo Meier might be ready for primetime but has had some kind of illness all through preseason which is really bad timing obviously. Young guys like Hertl, Kalsson and Mueller get another year under their belt. Things look bright in SJ.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:47 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Experimenting with new lines:

Boedker - Joe - Pav
Ward - Couture - Donskoi
Marleau - Hertl - Karlsson

I see why they are doing this - Hertl as 3rd line center gives them great depth. I think the plan is for Timo Meier (who missed preseason due to mono) to get his legs in the AHL then come up to that top line spot, bumping Karlsson out of the top 9. Would result in 3 really solid lines.

But last year they moved Hertl around most of the year and nobody clicked on the top line. When they finally reunited Hertl with the Joes that line dominated and the team took off, carrying the momentum into the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:16 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

They could always put the Wookiee back on wing... :lol:

I'm interested to see how the Danish Player does with the Joes. He's by all accounts not much more than a depth guy who can score on the power play, but if he just stands there and gets pucks spoon-fed to him by those guys he might put up some impressive numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:52 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Av-merican wrote:
They could always put the Wookiee back on wing... :lol:

I'm interested to see how the Danish Player does with the Joes. He's by all accounts not much more than a depth guy who can score on the power play, but if he just stands there and gets pucks spoon-fed to him by those guys he might put up some impressive numbers.

I read they put him up there to jump start him because he is having a slow start. We'll see if it works. They really tried to fit Donskoi on that line last year and it never really took off, but he is thriving with Couture. Hertl has always done well with the Joes and he is big and fast and always going to the net, doesn't seem like that is Boedker's game from what I've seen.