OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:33 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Sucks these 2 have to match up in the first round. Last year they met in the 2nd round and LA took the series 4-3 with the home team winning every game. It was an epic series. Sharks get home ice this time around!

Both teams are fully healthy (for now, won't last long) as Sharks get Hertl and Torres back for the series and LA gets Doughty back, who was injured in their last game vs the Sharks, which was a hell of a game.

GO SHARKS!!! :kraken:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 pm 

hammer wrote:
Sucks these 2 have to match up in the first round. Last year they met in the 2nd round and LA took the series 4-3 with the home team winning every game. It was an epic series. Sharks get home ice this time around!

Both teams are fully healthy (for now, won't last long) as Sharks get Hertl and Torres back for the series and LA gets Doughty back, who was injured in their last game vs the Sharks, which was a hell of a game.

I don't think the Sharks can do it but I'd pick Thorton as my sentimental favorite to win the cup............go Sharks!.........now for a cleansing shower.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Fogghorn wrote:
hammer wrote:

I don't think the Sharks can do it but I'd pick Thorton as my sentimental favorite to win the cup............go Sharks!.........now for a cleansing shower.

lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 pm 
OTP Clown

I'm glad he didn't eat the baby.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:15 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Captain Chaos wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
hammer wrote:

Wow - classic beat down. I think Quick will bounce back, but that was quite an incredible stretch of goaltending.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:45 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Wow, would not have expected this, and we should see a different story in LA. Sharks look great, clearly, with all 4 lines scoring. Getting Hertl and Torres back has been huge: Hertl + Torres >>> Havlat + Kennedy who are sitting now. Given how little those two played this season it's like getting 2 fantastic deadline pickups.

LA will be tough at home, way too early for a victory lap....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:51 am 
Big in Japan

Touchdown Sharks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:48 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that beat-down last night. Next game will be a doozy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:22 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I like the Sharks but Couture needs to play and quit his whining.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:55 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

That win last night was pretty amazing to watch. It's rare you see that kind of beatdown glory coupled with obvious hate between the teams in a playoff setting. Like the Wings beating the Avs in G7 in 2002, or I guess the Bs over the Habs in 2009 (fuckers). I guess we had G7 in 2008.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:52 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

That was a seriously hard-hitting game. Stoll and Burns in particular seemed to be hitting anything that moved. Nice to see the Sharks bear down and pull one out in LA. Need to close this out so they can have some time to rest up and de-bruise.

Dustin Brown is useless, lost the puck every time it came to him. Kings need to unload him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:36 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

No Vlasic tonight and they are starting Stalock over Niemi. With the Ducks already resting up things are starting to look kind of ugly for the Sharkies.

This series has changed dramatically in just a few days. To paraphrase one of my favorite 80's movies, the Sharks have gone from totally chic to totally geek. :psyduck:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:38 pm 

hammer wrote:
No Vlasic tonight and they are starting Stalock over Niemi. With the Ducks already resting up things are starting to look kind of ugly for the Sharkies.

This series has changed dramatically in just a few days. To paraphrase one of my favorite 80's movies, the Sharks have gone from totally chic to totally geek. :psyduck:

Yes, I really thought they had this one in hand but if Quick has really returned to form the Sharks could be in trouble. If they lose to LA does McLelland survive?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:02 pm 

I have no idea how switching out Niemi could be viewed as the right move. I thought his yanking in Game 5 was clearly a 'wake the team up' move, there was literally no reason to blame him for that 3rd goal.

This series is eerily like Vancouver-Chicago in 2011, though.

Hopefully that doesn't mean Boston beats San Jose in the Finals, though. :x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:15 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

The Sharks are in serious trouble. All the pressure is now square on their shoulders, compounded by an awkward goalie controversy similar to the Canucks-Hawks 7 game series where AV started Schneider in game 6 at the United Center and then came back with Lou in game 7 at home. At least the Sharks also have home ice advantage for game 7. Go with the guy who has won a Cup or the upstart? Todd MacLellen's job is on the line and potentially Dougie Wilson's as well.

As with any game 7, this game on Wednesday could easily go either way, but odds are stacked against the of Kings coming all the way back to win 4 straight.

However, if any team poised to buck the trend after being down from a 3-0 deficit and become just the 4th team in NHL history to win the series - it's the Kings.

And the way these 2014 playoffs are going, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:45 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Sharks D looked terrible without Vlasic. If he's not back for game 7 then get ready for the battle of SoCal next round.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 pm 

OK, Vancouver fans, we get why you WANT Doug Wilson's job to be on the line right now. But yeah, it ain't.

The Sharks have a real good D that could play 20 minutes back there and be better than at least 3 of the guys they dress if they wanted should Vlasic not be able to go. They could fill his spot in the forward lineup with Nieto and Havlat playing more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:04 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

McLellan is kinda losing his mind out there right now. Not only is he going with Stay-lock, he's pairing Scott Hannan and Brad Stuart (???). Should he see if Graves, Nolan, and Damphousse can give it another go? I mean, Darryl Sutter is in the building after all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:07 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Av-merican wrote:
McLellan is kinda losing his mind out there right now. Not only is he going with Stay-lock, he's pairing Scott Hannan and Brad Stuart (???). Should he see if Graves, Nolan, and Damphousse can give it another go? I mean, Darryl Sutter is in the building after all.

he totally looked like he was losing his mind last night. The Sharks got screwed on the Kings 2nd goal and then completely fell apart. Brutal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:50 pm 
Big in Japan

Sharks were coasting along, then cratered. The black box on this series will be interesting.