OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:09 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Bosc wrote:
hammer wrote:
Bosc wrote:
hammer wrote:
1st game vs. LA since Hertl got taken out by gutless puke Dustin Brown. It would be nice to see Big Joe himself lay a beating on Brown. Joe can throw and seems to enjoy beating up the other team's captain at times having pummeled Getzlaf and Toews in the past. It would be nice to see him stick up for his injured rookie sidekick!

Joe? Joe pummeled Getzlaf? Getzlaf was talking shit to Joe one playoff series I watched when Getzlaf was pretty young and the Ducks owned that series completely. Joe responded with a good game the next game but was very quiet for almost the whole series. I didn't see him go up against Toews. He went after Lidstrom(and sometimes Zetterberg) constantly in a couple of playoffs and it was ALWAYS after the whistle, total chicken shit moves. Maybe I haven't watched enough the past couple of seasons but Joe was not a guy I expected to go and deliver a beatdown to stick up for a teammate. During his Boston days he could lose it and dish it out and get the odd suspension here and there, but ever since the Lindros fight that hasn't been the case from what I've seen.

Getzlaf was a while ago, pummeled may be an exaggeration but I remember Joe starting and clearly winning the fight in a failed attempt to get the Sharks going in that series. Joe ragdolled Toews last year, and within the past couple years laid a solid beating on Doughty. He rarely fights and picks his spots when he does, but this situation would fit his pattern - a prominent player on the other team, a grudge exists, and it would probably be a lopsided fight even if Brown didn't turtle. So ya it is certainly not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility and like I said it would be nice to see!

Yeah that was probably the same series, I don't remember the fight but I remember Getzlaf trash talking Joe, Joe coming back with a strong game but not series. I'm sure most, if not all Sharks fans would love to see that from him.

Even though Joe is still the best player they have, they're definitely deep enough to have him be demonstrative, especially against the likes of Getzlaf, Toews and Doughty.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:50 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

HUGE win last night for the Sharkies. Great game too. Burns, Thornton and Niemi were particularly great. Given the Sharks have the best record in the league at home it would be massive to finish ahead of the Ducks in the Pacific.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6