OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crosby Watch
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 pm 
King of Men

Av-merican wrote:
Shero signs Bylsma to a two-year extension, and defiantly declares that he will stick with Marc-Andre Fleury. :roll:

Interesting. To me it appeared that Bylsma had clearly lost his team at the wrong time. But I guess its worth cutting him some slack especially considering he's won the cup with them and the year was marred by injuries to his stars (and he still performed). Somehow Shero was able to convince Mario of that as well.

Much different story than Torts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:40 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Story of Shero: one great move, one collosally stupid one.

Wonder if he re-ups Iggy or Morrow despite the fact that they slowed the team down and will only get worse.

Staal did a lot for this team. They're obviously still dangerous but Boston exploited Pittsburgh's lack of forward depth.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:14 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Wow...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:26 pm 

So should the linesman get a phone or in-person hearing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Just a phone hearing: No injury resulted. Only pleading with the ref for a call, which included crying.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:17 am 

https://twitter.com/HeyMyNameIsWill/sta ... 9264549888

Quote:
Sidney Crosby is so good that he's on pace for 141 points and no one's talking about him.

Just like Mario, Jagr and Wayne back in the day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:01 pm 
OTP Clown

saskhab wrote:
https://twitter.com/HeyMyNameIsWill/status/533277049264549888

Quote:
Sidney Crosby is so good that he's on pace for 141 points and no one's talking about him.

Just like Mario, Jagr and Wayne back in the day.

But listening to Spurtsnut I thought Skamkos was the best player in the league...

And

According to the Toronto Sports Network, the good ole upper candadian boy Skamkos is the outstanding difference maker...

:psyduck:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:30 pm 
OTP Historian

Stinky wrote:
But listening to Spurtsnut I thought Skamkos was the best player in the league...

And

According to the Toronto Sports Network, the good ole upper candadian boy Skamkos is the outstanding difference maker...

:psyduck:

Crosby: 0 points, -2 in his last game. Sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:35 pm 

I nearly shit pickles when I saw Blake Comeau is on Crosby's wing. Granted he's there because Dupuis is out, but Comeau on the Penguins? The whole Isles/Pens hate-match started with a concussion Comeau got vs the Penguins when he was an Islander. Just.... What? Amazing.

Comeau was giving Fleury tips on Isles shootout moves, Nielsen especially. Nielsen still scored and the Isles won, and with Nielsen using his patented move that Comeau was telling Fleury about. :haha:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:30 pm 
Big in Japan

Sid's got the mumps! Anyone see his face today?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:56 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Sid's got the mumps! Anyone see his face today?

This? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 44895.html

It's not the mumps. He's just got a whole bag of Big League Chew stuffed in there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:59 am 

I love Big League Chew!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:03 pm 

I couldn't go to college without getting vaccines and boosters for vaccines I'd already had. These guys can play pro hockey, make millions, have annual physicals and get treatment for all kinds of shit... and they don't have to have vaccines for something like mumps? That's one of the ones I had to have a booster shot for to go back to college. How stupid is this?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:06 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
I couldn't go to college without getting vaccines and boosters for vaccines I'd already had. These guys can play pro hockey, make millions, have annual physicals and get treatment for all kinds of shit... and they don't have to have vaccines for something like mumps? That's one of the ones I had to have a booster shot for to go back to college. How stupid is this?

Wasn't a requirement for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:23 pm 

saskhab wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Wasn't a requirement for me.

I've heard 600 people/year in the US get mumps. We've got a population of 330 million. The NHL has 600 players, plus call-ups, etc, so let's even go crazy and say 700. They've had like 15 players diagnosed with mumps already? 15/700 is a little over 2% of the league. The 600/330 million is 0.000182% of the US population. I think the league needs to do something differently than they have been.

There has to be an away locker room that is infected, or something like that. Someone needs to look at the time it takes for symptoms to come out and compare the players diagnosed vs their schedules. In the meanwhile, all teams should be disinfecting both locker rooms at their facilities, and get MMR boosters for all players. I know one can still get it after a booster, but the likelihood is way less.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:41 pm 
OTP Clown

Dey all bangin' dem same hoes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:16 pm 

Pro hockey is pretty friendly environment for viral infections. Tons of sweat, close contact with others, etc.

But yeah, the league seems to have dropped the ball on this and not taken it seriously. Sounds like the Blues might've been ground zero here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:36 pm 

seems the vaccine is only 80-90% effective, they've probably all be vaccinated but disease spreading is rather cyclic and this year is one of those years. Feel bad for them though, potentially really painful disease for adult males.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:06 pm 
King of Men

Sidney Crosby is truly the best player in the world hands down and at this point in his career is on his way to Gretz and Orr status. He is an absolute general and wizard on the ice. His maturity and composure has grown in leaps and bounds and is evident by his Stanley Cup victory and now his World Cup victory. Sid may not always be the flashiest player on the ice but when he is on the ice something is always in the works. He makes every player around him better.....hell he got Marchand paid!

I am excited to watch him crack 1000 points this season and I hope he stays away from the mushy melon and has 10 more productive years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:07 pm 
King of Men

Another concussion for Sid.

Watch out!

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/penguins- ... --nhl.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next