OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:14 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I mean, come on already...

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/15 ... CWKM-LcSZQ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:40 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

If you made that up nobody would laugh because it would be too obviously fake.

Think they accepted it as a cry for help?

They might as well have Regus Offices as a sponsor. The company you rent from to pretend it’s your company’s “real” office when you meet with clients.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:58 pm 
Big in Japan

Tempe deal gets rejected. The people have spoken.

The Yotes and league don't seem to have a Plan B. Begin the Houstonlanta rumours.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 1:15 am 

27 years of this nonsense. It is far beyond time for them to move. . If a team can do okay in Charlottesville I'd think they could make a reasonable go of it in Huston.

Or what about San Diego. The Padres are the only pro team in town. And I know the independent minor league team the Gulls did really well for a lot of years. Not sure they even exist anymore though but still worth the consideration.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:49 am 

Fogghorn wrote:
27 years of this nonsense. It is far beyond time for them to move. . If a team can do okay in Charlottesville I'd think they could make a reasonable go of it in Huston.

Or what about San Diego. The Padres are the only pro team in town. And I know the independent minor league team the Gulls did really well for a lot of years. Not sure they even exist anymore though but still worth the consideration.

Charlottesville? What team plays there?

But I agree. The desert experiment has failed. Move the Coyotes to whatever city seems willing and able to support them. (cough Quebec cough cough)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:16 am 
King of Men

I don't understand this square peg in a round hole mentality. Its clearly failed.....move on. Houston would probably work and keeps the no ice theme going.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:22 am 

Chris18 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

But I agree. The desert experiment has failed. Move the Coyotes to whatever city seems willing and able to support them. (cough Quebec cough cough)

lol, Raleigh, Charlottesville, where ever Carolina something or another. Seems all the same to me. ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:42 am 

Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

lol, Raleigh, Charlottesville, where ever Carolina something or another. Seems all the same to me. ;)

Charlottesville is in Virginia. Charlotte is in NC, as is Raleigh, where the Hurricanes play. Only being a jerk since so many of you guys up north make fun of Americans for not knowing Canadian geography. :lol:

But yeah, the southern US is Greek to me too...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:07 am 

Chris18 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Charlottesville is in Virginia. Charlotte is in NC, as is Raleigh, where the Hurricanes play. Only being a jerk since so many of you guys up north make fun of Americans for not knowing Canadian geography. :lol:

I'm 98% certain I knew all of that off the top of my head once upon a time but its difficult enough to retain valued info much less trivia like that anymore. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 2:22 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:

I'm 98% certain I knew all of that off the top of my head once upon a time but its difficult enough to retain valued info much less trivia like that anymore. :P[/quote]

Full disclosure- I had to look up which Carolina Charlotte is in. And my nephew lives there. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:56 pm 

I'm reading either Houston or Salt Lake City if indeed relocation plans begin.

But of course, Bettman ain't giving up just yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:41 am 

Pres announces they'll play at Mullet this year and have already re-engaged local politicians about another potential new arena deal.
Bill Daly says he doesn't see them moving.

When do the Coyotes get arrested for stalking the Phoenix Valley? The Valley has said "NO!" repeatedly. Stop trying to force yourselves on it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:33 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Pres announces they'll play at Mullet this year and have already re-engaged local politicians about another potential new arena deal.
Bill Daly says he doesn't see them moving.

When do the Coyotes get arrested for stalking the Phoenix Valley? The Valley has said "NO!" repeatedly. Stop trying to force yourselves on it.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 11:40 pm 
Big in Japan

The league says they're staying, but frankly not in their usual convincing way. Vultures are circling.

Apparently the owner of the Utah Jazz is skulking around. Ditto the Houston Rockets owner, but he's haggled over price before.

Kansas City has a barn but doesn't feel like a permanent solution.

The NHL wants back in Atlanta, but probably not like this.

Copps Coliseum is being renovated and forget about the Nordiques.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 9:09 pm 
Big in Japan

Logan Cooley fully admitted to Craig Morgan that he's staying at Minnesota because of the arena situation. What an embarrassment.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 11:21 pm 

Not sure if the social media team is trying to get fired or hired by a major player.

https://twitter.com/ArizonaCoyotes/stat ... nr_jw&s=19

:laugh:

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:26 pm 

When even Clayton Keller has run out of patience, that pretty much spells the end, does it not?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:28 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Logan Cooley fully admitted to Craig Morgan that he's staying at Minnesota because of the arena situation. What an embarrassment.

Still hilarious that the rink he decided to stay in is twice the capacity of the rink he would've been playing in had he gone pro this summer.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:48 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Still hilarious that the rink he decided to stay in is twice the capacity of the rink he would've been playing in had he gone pro this summer.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:41 pm 

Apparently the pollsters imbued the organization with way, way too much confidence, so much so that Meruelo hardly spent anything on campaigning, and the opposition easily took over the narrative.

We've seen how even the most well-paid polling efforts can lead a political campaign into ruin, like when Hillary's team up and decided not to go anywhere near the Rust Belt and she lost a bunch of key states there. I don't know how much of an expert he is on these things, but Elliotte Friedman said on a recent 32 Thoughts pod that he just doesn't trust that process anymore.

At some point (I have no idea when though) the PA and the other teams are going to wear Bettman down. This cannot continue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next