OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Smith scores
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:16 am 
OTP Historian

:argh:

The first Wings game I watched all season and I tuned in with a few minutes left in the 2nd period. What a disaster.

Post subject: Re: Mike Smith scores
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:49 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Anyone have video of him seizing up and falling on the ice due to what he later claimed was a "stinger"?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:05 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
:argh:

The first Wings game I watched all season and I tuned in with a few minutes left in the 2nd period. What a disaster.

Damn dude. You really are a curse for them.
If I worked for the Red Wings, I would buy you season tickets to the Maple Leafs or some other team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:09 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
Anyone have video of him seizing up and falling on the ice due to what he later claimed was a "stinger"?

He made a fucking blocker save and redirected the puck to the corner. He claimed it was a stinger to the neck. Diver and a blatant fucking liar. I hope someone calls him on that. Par for the course for Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:00 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

He made a fucking blocker save and redirected the puck to the corner. He claimed it was a stinger to the neck. Diver and a blatant fucking liar. I hope someone calls him on that. Par for the course for Smith.

Why would he take the risk of the whistle not being blown?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:26 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:

No idea. I just know that that was not a fucking stinger off of the neck :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:34 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

No idea. I just know that that was not a fucking stinger off of the neck :roll:

It must have hit a nerve in his hand, connected to his neck. ;)
Seriously though, that would have been really stupid- if he didn't get this year's Mike Ribeiro Award for it. Which, by the way, should definitely be a real award given out for the most successful dive resulting in drawing a penalty.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:47 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Seriously though, that would have been really stupid- if he didn't get this year's Mike Ribeiro Award for it. Which, by the way, should definitely be a real award given out for the most successful dive resulting in drawing a penalty.

Love it, we'll call it the Ribby awards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Ribs famous embellishment conned the refs into a whistle for an injury, it didn't get a penalty. If Ribs had gotten up and skated on, Boston would've dumped the puck in after gaining the blueline because they had an unsupported rush going on with the net empty. The mind-boggling part of Ribs' faking is that there was no danger on the ice for him to do that... aside from him maybe needing a line change and being tired.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:36 am 

saskhab wrote:
Ribs famous embellishment conned the refs into a whistle for an injury, it didn't get a penalty. If Ribs had gotten up and skated on, Boston would've dumped the puck in after gaining the blueline because they had an unsupported rush going on with the net empty. The mind-boggling part of Ribs' faking is that there was no danger on the ice for him to do that... aside from him maybe needing a line change and being tired.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the explanation.
However, I still like the name the Ribby for such an award. :lol: Maybe the award is given to the best dive resulting in a whistle, with a higher likelihood of winning if it draws a penalty. ;) Especially if the diver's team scores on the PP or is more easily able to run time out while already leading. I think we should all be on the NHL Awards committee.