OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: What now?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:14 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
So earlier this year Jake Voracek cussed out a reporter live on Zoom, and now apparently called out an HF Boards poster.

https://twitter.com/jachobe/status/1367712131676844032

Seriously dude? Kinda lookin' thin-skinned there.

He looks like such a tool this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:22 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I mean, I don't really mind it when an athlete gives it back to a scribe who's been slagging them in the press. Dipshits like Simmons shouldn't get carte blanche to write/say whatever they want and not get some flack thrown their way on occasion.

But really? Going after a user on HF? And someone put a screenshot of one of the posts in question in that thread and if that's all he was saying, then Jake needs to STFU and play. If the guy was saying unconscionable things and goin' after the guy's family, then yes, call him out. But it was just a critique of his play. I don't see the issue.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:34 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
I mean, I don't really mind it when an athlete gives it back to a scribe who's been slagging them in the press. Dipshits like Simmons shouldn't get carte blanche to write/say whatever they want and not get some flack thrown their way on occasion.

But really? Going after a user on HF? And someone put a screenshot of one of the posts in question in that thread and if that's all he was saying, then Jake needs to STFU and play. If the guy was saying unconscionable things and goin' after the guy's family, then yes, call him out. But it was just a critique of his play. I don't see the issue.

And to ask to meet face to face, that's what really makes him sound like a dick on this. If he pulled a QueAngelo and used a burner account to ask what level beer league the guy plays, it's kind of bush league, but at least it's not pussy footing around threatening the guy. And I have to say, from what I remember of HF boards, that was a really well thought out critique of a player. Most of what I remember was like "he sux!" So Jake really ought to chill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:17 pm 

That was quite the ass-kicking last night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:47 pm 
Big in Japan

Carter Hart has completely imploded. Maybe Hextall was right after all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:07 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Carter Hart has completely imploded. Maybe Hextall was right after all.

Rangers really have the Flyers' number.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:55 pm 

Yes, Hart has been bad but the team in front of him has been utter shit. When you're letting Casey Cizikas head to the low slot area with no resistance whatsoever you just don't care anymore. They are insanely bad defensively despite some really good talent at their disposal at all positions. Methinks Vigneault is a goner at the end of the season, and, well, that's probably for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:50 pm 

It's gotten so bad with Carter Hart that they've thrown his ass into the press box.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:51 pm 
Big in Japan

Flyers gonna Flyer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:37 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Pokecheque wrote:
It's gotten so bad with Carter Hart that they've thrown his ass into the press box.
Speaking of head cases.......869 SV%. AV said Carter needs to work harder. Yikes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:19 am 

They still managed a 3 goal comeback to beat the Sabres in OT. I thought they were going to lose that one.

Sabres gonna Sabe?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:51 pm 

The Ghost is on waivers. What a tumultuous career that guy's had. He was supposed to be the next Tyson Barrie and just kinda cratered after signing that deal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:01 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
The Ghost is on waivers. What a tumultuous career that guy's had. He was supposed to be the next Tyson Barrie and just kinda cratered after signing that deal.

Was supposed to be the next Colorado Tyson Barrie and ended up becoming the next Toronto Tyson Barrie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:58 am 

E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Was supposed to be the next Colorado Tyson Barrie and ended up becoming the next Toronto Tyson Barrie.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:26 pm 
Big in Japan

Laughton gets 5 years, 3M AAV. He is perfectly cromulent player.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:38 pm 

Farabee hits the 20-goal mark in his rookie season. He's going to be a star, but there's something very much amiss in Philly.

Methinks Vigneault will return next season, but he won't make it to 2022.

I don't get this team's makeup. They have depth and talent to spare, but there isn't really one big-time gamebreaker among them. Sorry, I know he's been surprisingly good for them but when Kevin Hayes is your best player, I don't think you're headed in the right direction.

Giroux and Voracek are old. Provorov is good but he isn't the franchise defenseman they envisioned. Hart had a nightmarish sophomore season, one can only hope he rebounds next year. And then there's Nolan Patrick. Even when healthy, which isn't often, he's been a very marginal player. Even for a team that drafts as well as the Flyers do, that's an insanely bad swing-and-miss with a 2nd overall pick.

I suppose I should be grateful though. If they had chosen the young man who went fourth overall in 2017...

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:51 pm 
Big in Japan

Not the Flyers fault Patrick missed a full season with post-concussion/migraine issues. We'll never know what he might have been.

Agree that this team has talent but is in between rebuilding and full of vets. Pick a lane.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:10 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
Even for a team that drafts as well as the Flyers do, that's an insanely bad swing-and-miss with a 2nd overall pick.

I suppose I should be grateful though. If they had chosen the young man who went fourth overall in 2017...

Patrick wasn't a swing though. He was a concensus top-2 pick.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:18 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Not the Flyers fault Patrick missed a full season with post-concussion/migraine issues. We'll never know what he might have been.

Agree that this team has talent but is in between rebuilding and full of vets. Pick a lane.

Even without the injuries, I've read his talent assessments were wildly inflated because he had man-strength in a boys league. In the NHL, he doesn't have that advantage anymore, and the injury concerns were readily apparent even before his draft year. I remember referring to him as the Greg Oden of the NHL, and so far, no fault of his, he hasn't done anything to change that perception.

I'm guessing Fletcher is going to try something big if he can. This team feels like it needs a major shakeup. I'm sure if he could, he'd probably move on from G and Jake.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:20 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Patrick wasn't a swing though. He was a concensus top-2 pick.

Yeah but the red flags were there, one big reason why the Devils opted for Hischer. He's turned out to be even worse health-wise than expected. Not sure where they go from there, but if Morgan Frost can make his way into the NHL (first go-around didn't go well obviously) then it might be a moot point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next