OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: What now?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

They make things interesting, it is pretty entertaining they way they are involved in every trade rumor. I respect their will to win but the constant turnover is comical.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:40 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Please, no Briere to Isles. That would set TCL up for like 400 bad short jokes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:50 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Streit apparently has agreed to a 4yr contract w Philly but can't sign yet due to cap.

https://twitter.com/DNFlyers/statuses/346734625638453249

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 pm 
Big in Japan

:haha:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:33 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Sam Carchidi on Twitter wrote:
Tweeps overwhelmingly say no to a No. 1 and Coots for Bernier. I agree. But Couturier for Bernier would be tempting, esp w Laughton close.

Yikes. Couturier for Bernier!? This sounds like something that should be on HF Boards. I guess Philly thinks they can get it done with a center corps of Giroux, Schenn, and Laughton. :roll: And I'm still not convinced Bernier is a franchise goaltender.

On a side note, apparently Bernier switched agents to the same guy as Streit, so there ya go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:51 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Tweeps overwhelmingly say no to a No. 1 and Coots for Bernier. I agree. But Couturier for Bernier would be tempting, esp w Laughton close.

Yikes. Couturier for Bernier!? This sounds like something that should be on HF Boards. I guess Philly thinks they can get it done with a center corps of Giroux, Schenn, and Laughton. :roll: And I'm still not convinced Bernier is a franchise goaltender.

On a side note, apparently Bernier switched agents to the same guy as Streit, so there ya go.

Damn, if they get a #1 and Couturier for Bernier then we really need to put Schneider on the market. I'd do that deal immediately. Especially if it's for 2014, a reasonable chance at a lottery pick and a shot at McDavid would be well worth moving Schneider.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

Damn, if they get a #1 and Couturier for Bernier then we really need to put Schneider on the market. I'd do that deal immediately. Especially if it's for 2014, a reasonable chance at a lottery pick and a shot at McDavid would be well worth moving Schneider.

Agreed. Hell, I'd probably put Varlamov on the market for a return like THAT.

At least if Philly made a similar deal w/Vancouver they'd be getting a proven commodity. If they really flip Couturier for Bernier, I'll laugh my ass off. Of course I'll also be angry since it'll add yet another piece to an already-stacked Kings team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Wow the Kings with Courturier and Toffoli next year added to their exisiting core....look out!

I believe in Bernier, he outplayed Quick for stretches this past season. I would expect his trade price should be much less than Courturier but I think whoever gets him will be happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 am 

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... ender.html

Quote:
Winter contacted Holmgren based on various reports, especially from TSN in Canada, that Bryzgalov would be bought out. Winter said Holmgren reassured him that Bryzgalov was one of the Flyers' "best players" and that he was "not the problem" and would remain a Flyer next season.

It should be noted that Jeff Carter's agent, Philadelphia-based Rick Curran, alleged that Holmgren assured his camp in 2011 that Carter would not be traded about a week before he was dealt.

Holmgren of course backpedaled big-time and denied he gave Winter any assurances.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:33 am 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20130619_Flyers_mulling_options_at_goaltender.html

Quote:
Winter contacted Holmgren based on various reports, especially from TSN in Canada, that Bryzgalov would be bought out. Winter said Holmgren reassured him that Bryzgalov was one of the Flyers' "best players" and that he was "not the problem" and would remain a Flyer next season.

It should be noted that Jeff Carter's agent, Philadelphia-based Rick Curran, alleged that Holmgren assured his camp in 2011 that Carter would not be traded about a week before he was dealt.

Holmgren of course backpedaled big-time and denied he gave Winter any assurances.

:lol: Denying that you gave assurance that you wouldn't buy a player out. That sure is a great way to maintain any trade value :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:35 pm 

Quote:
LeBrun: Five teams we believe are in the mix. Bob alluding to three of them on Tuesday; the Maple Leafs, Islanders and Flyers, but today we also learned that the Stars and Panthers are also in the mix.

Why would Toronto and Florida be in the mix? Tallon having doubts about Markstrom already?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:19 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Fogghorn wrote:
Quote:
LeBrun: Five teams we believe are in the mix. Bob alluding to three of them on Tuesday; the Maple Leafs, Islanders and Flyers, but today we also learned that the Stars and Panthers are also in the mix.

Why would Toronto and Florida be in the mix? Tallon having doubts about Markstrom already?

Ya I don't get why Florida is always in the Luongo rumors too. Isn't Markstrom one of the top goalie prospects in the world?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:22 pm 

I suppose so long as Luongo has said he'll waive his NTC for Toronto or Florida, those teams will at least remain interested. But I certainly don't see a deal with either team happening anytime soon.

Luongo is pretty much screwed. The goalie market this offseason is already looking good. Still...Philly seems pretty fearless when it comes to big contracts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:42 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I think "Fucking stupid" would fit better than "fearless".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:20 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Bryz buyout official. Wow.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675163

Reimer should demand a trade, and Philly should go with a Reimer/Emery tandem.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:25 pm 

hammer wrote:
Bryz buyout official. Wow.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675163

Reimer should demand a trade, and Philly should go with a Reimer/Emery tandem.

Reimer has a better chance now to win with Toronto than Philadelphia. Plus, he's still the #1 guy at this point.

As I said on Twitter, the only thing a free agent is signing for in Philly is the $$$, not security. Holmgren and Snider offer plenty of the former, but absolutely none of the latter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:30 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I get that Snider has the money, but how do you not fire management after spending that much to make players to go away?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:00 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Av-merican wrote:
As I said on Twitter, the only thing a free agent is signing for in Philly is the $$$, not security.

Well, to be fair, the former kinda equals the latter. :eng101:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:40 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
I get that Snider has the money, but how do you not fire management after spending that much to make players to go away?

Probably Snider admitting he had as much to do with this mess as anyone else. It's telling that hot-headed, impetuous Bobby Clarke stepped down, and yet the Flyers act as hot-headed, impetuous, and impatient as ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 am 
OTP Historian

$39.5 million for 2 years of Bryzgalov. Amazing :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next