OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: What now?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
Torts being Torts. Punish players randomly until they love you. Great strategy.

Well, they usually end up hating him. Most of them say nothing but nice things but I call bullshit on a lot of them. We see how many wet blankets come out if you even just opt not to compliment your former NHL coach, people freaked out on Jordan Kyrou for just that.

I suppose he was right about Dubois, but WTF...Couturier? A dude working his way back from basically missing what, two or so seasons? And he was playing quite well into December. It's possible dude was just...tired.

What irks me is that "Mr. Accountability" ducked the press today and let his assistant answer questions. And of course, Rocky Thompson had none.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:48 am 
Big in Japan

I was definitely being sarcastic there. The lore of Torts is complete baloney at this point. He last had success about 20 years ago in the last clutch and grab season before the first lockout.

He had one upset for the Jackets, but Josh Anderson did more than Torts.

Hopefully the NHL is running out of guys who treat hockey like it's the army. One can only hope.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:00 pm 

Really though, Torts and the Flyboys are a match made in heaven. A drama queen and the most drama-churning franchise in the league.

I enjoy the theatrics so long as they stay well away from the team I root for.

Couturier is back in now. At least for the next game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm 

After a long, sordid affair that saw goalie prospect Ivan Fedotov head over to Russia, essentially get trapped there and conscripted into military service, and play the last two years or so in the KHL, he is returning to Philly after his KHL contract was terminated.

Gives hope that the other prospect they're waiting on, Matvei Michkov, might not be that far behind.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
After a long, sordid affair that saw goalie prospect Ivan Fedotov head over to Russia, essentially get trapped there and conscripted into military service, and play the last two years or so in the KHL, he is returning to Philly after his KHL contract was terminated.

Is it bad that my first thought was they should trade him for Carter Hart spy hostage-style, with both of them blindfolded walking across a bridge? Danny Briere offering up Hart to the gulag in exchange.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

Is it bad that my first thought was they should trade him for Carter Hart spy hostage-style, with both of them blindfolded walking across a bridge? Danny Briere offering up Hart to the gulag in exchange.

I'm down for that. Or his victim gets to knock Hart out with a bat while he's blindfolded... He wakes up over there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm 

I know he's a polarizing figure for obvious reasons, but I'm all for any guy in when he's as honest and forthright as this, especially in a sport that seems bereft of any sort of personality.

https://twitter.com/GinoHard_/status/17 ... 0537746466

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:38 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
I know he's a polarizing figure for obvious reasons, but I'm all for any guy in when he's as honest and forthright as this, especially in a sport that seems bereft of any sort of personality.

https://twitter.com/GinoHard_/status/17 ... 0537746466

What he do to his wrist?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:44 pm 

E.L. wrote:
What he do to his wrist?

He's had that cast on his thumb now for a while. I'm not sure anyone knows how he injured himself.

EDIT: Apparently he had hand surgery sometime in February.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:47 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Just read an interesting bit about last night. The Flyers needed the Red Wings & Capitals to lose in regulation in order to not be eliminated. When Torts pulled the goalie in a tied game, the Red Wings game WAS ALREADY GOING TO OVERTIME, SO THE FLYERS WERE ALREADY ELIMINATED. The Capitals, who happened to be playing the Flyers, scored on the empty net to win in regulation, eliminating the Flyers, and the Red Wings. So Torts fucked his own team and the Red Wings, doing a favor for the Capitals. WTF?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17