OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:21 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

If he's been out for 2 years now, at 39 could he really come back and play at the NHL level, even if he was cleared by doctors? Who didn't know he's done for good? I guess he's just dragging out the retirement announcement to keep getting paid?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:30 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
If he's been out for 2 years now, at 39 could he really come back and play at the NHL level, even if he was cleared by doctors? Who didn't know he's done for good? I guess he's just dragging out the retirement announcement to keep getting paid?

Well, that and retiring wouldn't help the Flyers out anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:34 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Oh yeah. So at least he's not as much of a dick then. Unless considered from the point of the insurance company covering the contract.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:14 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Oh yeah. So at least he's not as much of a dick then. Unless considered from the point of the insurance company covering the contract.

Geez, was that contract even insurable? I know Pronger didn't necessarily have a Savard-like history of concussions, but I'd be very surprised if that one was covered.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 pm 

I can't find that it is in fact insured. The only references I see are fans speculating that it must be insured on various hockey forums. No idea if an insurance company would have been that stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:30 pm 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Chris18 wrote:
I can't find that it is in fact insured. The only references I see are fans speculating that it must be insured on various hockey forums. No idea if an insurance company would have been that stupid.

If the premium is high enough, why not? They do the math.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 am 
King of the One-Liner

Jyrki21 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

If the premium is high enough, why not? They do the math.

and if it wasn't high enough they will adjust current premiums to make up for any loss no doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:19 pm 

I can't remember--weren't insurers waffling on Crosby's extension or something to that effect?