OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:21 am 
King of Men

Fogghorn wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
We're hearing a lot of reports of people locally who are very obviously sick being denied testing because they don't fit the VERY specific symptoms of the disease in question. One of these folks works for us and is immunocompromised as a result of Crohn's Disease treatments. They won't admit it but it's pretty obvious they're curtailing the testing because they simply don't have the resources.

and yet somehow a US congressman with no symptoms but may have come in contact with someone at a convention can get tested. Or if member of the Utah Jazz gets it than everyone in the organization gets tested. Tests can be had just not for the lower classes.

Sadly this is turning out to be the case. People are being turned away left and right because they don't meet the "qualifications" for testing. This just tells you that this is much much worse than being reported.

I like how I am supposed to be super lenient with big businesses being unable to deliver on what has already been paid for but when it comes to them being flexible and getting what they are owed...well that hasn't been a 2 way street so far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:44 am 

Damn Italy is getting hit so damn hard. 4th oldest median age (45.5 yrs) in the world and northern Italy where most of the pain is, is a couple years older on average still.

Take away, age matters a lot. 8% mortality in Italy vs 3.4% in China. Germany and Japan are even older than Italy and going to struggle although Europe over all is going to have a really hard time. Africa despite inadequate health care services could be far better off with some countries with median age under 20.

Canada despite universal health care will probably be worse off than the USA, median age of 42.2 vs 38.1 and the Maritimes specifically will be really bad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:10 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:
What sounds like my town(Milton)'s first confirmed case is also the 2nd death in the province. Apparently community-passed. Fuck :x :(

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/9911 ... movements/

Scotty, you good, man?

Hey Jeff, yes I read about that today. Up until now the only confirmed case in Halton region was a Burlington doctor who worked in Hamilton.

I'm sure there are way more cases here in Halton than we know.

Hell, I played hockey a week ago in the playoffs as I am assuming you did too. And then literally the next day everything shut down as it should.

I have been working from Home, University of Guelph where my daughter goes is closed and my son is home too.

We are OK as of now, with no symptoms.

How are you,Anam and the kids doing Jeff?

We're good too, just trying to stay in as much as possible. We're lucky that Anam's freelancing from home and already looking after the kids on Tuesday/Thursday, so just adjusting some hours and the grandmothers are helping. I've been primarily working from home for years so it isn't much of an adjustment at all for us.

We played Wednesday last week and went out after, yeah. Crazy how fast it changes.

12 cases so far in Halton. The first in Milton that's likely by community transmission's a scary thought.
https://www.halton.ca/For-Residents/Imm ... oronavirus

Glad to hear you guys are doing well. I too work from home unless I have to travel, which is obviously not happening now.
Yes that is a scary thought, especially my team, where we always go to the Ivy, and as you would knowthat place is far from sanitary, even on a good day!. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:01 am 

Lessons learned from having flu symptoms during Corona Virus:

It's day 9 since first symptoms, so seems it was just what I thought it was, nothing but a very mild cold. I had no fever, but 6 other symptoms associated with Corona Virus but all very mild, like on a scale of 1-10 all would have been a 1. The experience has been strange and since many of you may have similar I thought I'd share.

The symptoms were so mild, I definitely would have worked during normal times and thought nothing of it. A week after the symptoms were gone I would have forgotten even having them, which is the worrisome part as I now think I may get minor infections 2,3 even 4 times a year and just have never had reason to pay attention or recall how often these actually may occur. Now of course I'm uber aware as I don't want to kill anyone. At the same time this is cause for concern as I wonder do I and everyone else have to shut down everything multiple times a year? If that happens I think eventually the population would quit being so concerned, assume its a cold and possibly go out while infectious with CV. A bit of a dilemma. How about allergies? The hayfever often turns into sinus drainage into the lungs creating coughing, sore throat even headaches. We know what it is, but what if you have CV and allergies at the same time and are just assuming your symptoms are 100% allergy. And of course we need to work with that person in our midst and fearful that it isn't allergies.

Going to be confusing to figure out how we correctly proceed and function going forward.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 am 

So I was speaking with a friend last night who had a friend recently return from Taiwan after being quarantined there. They has flown out S. Korea and been in contact with someone who had corona virus. Authorities in Taiwan had them quarantined at a AirBnB. After a week they had to change locations. They had a police contact that they were required to notify of this. Did it, got their taxi to move to new location and on the whole trip received several text messages that they had moved beyond the allowable boundaries and needed to return immediately. They called the police contact, and was told this was standard and to continue with their move, it would be okay.

So when the hell are we getting this in place in Canada? I hate, hate, hate government surveillance but we have a lot of heroes, cleaning buses, working in grocery stores and of course our whole medical systems. They are at risk, and we need to do what we can to minimize their risk and get this in place. Can't believe what a 180 I've done on surveillance issues.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:06 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Hopefully this brings you all a laugh. Miss18.2's very uptight math teacher tried to set up an online "distance learning" class for all his classes; all 58 students of them. This guy is UP-TIGHT. If you shoved a lump of coal up his ass you'd have a diamond in a few seconds... Fucking moron forgot to include HIMSELF in the invitation. So all 58 kids logged in and after a few minutes realized the teacher wasn't able to get on. So they had a big ass online video party! Kids dancing, singing... And there's my kid, just watching them all with a smile, while eating ice cream. :lol: And then the teacher emailed them all, asking for someone to add him. Nobody would. :lol: My kid let out an evil laugh and said "this is like he locked himself out and is asking someone to open the door. Dumb ass!" 58 kids cracked up, all "together", in their homes, all across town. Good shit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:23 am 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
Hopefully this brings you all a laugh. Miss18.2's very uptight math teacher tried to set up an online "distance learning" class for all his classes; all 58 students of them. This guy is UP-TIGHT. If you shoved a lump of coal up his ass you'd have a diamond in a few seconds... Fucking moron forgot to include HIMSELF in the invitation. So all 58 kids logged in and after a few minutes realized the teacher wasn't able to get on. So they had a big ass online video party! Kids dancing, singing... And there's my kid, just watching them all with a smile, while eating ice cream. :lol: And then the teacher emailed them all, asking for someone to add him. Nobody would. :lol: My kid let out an evil laugh and said "this is like he locked himself out and is asking someone to open the door. Dumb ass!" 58 kids cracked up, all "together", in their homes, all across town. Good shit.

:lol:

Awesome, but 58 students! Is this college? I hope so, that's a lot for a high school class.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:49 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Chris18 wrote:
:lol: Beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:34 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Interesting counter point argument going on here just to confuse us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_AyuhbnPOI&t=44s

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:55 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

:lol:

Awesome, but 58 students! Is this college? I hope so, that's a lot for a high school class.

It's his 3 classes all combined for 1 online lesson. 6th grade.

The kids have a group chat going. One kid says he's figured out how to kick the teacher out of the online class when they do the online class again, and not have it traced as to who did it. This should get interesting. Normally I'd be pissed at kids for stuff like that, but this guy is such a dick it's going to be fun to watch. I might sit out of sight and listen to the kids laughing their asses off.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:10 pm 
OTP Clown

This is amazing. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 am 

Stinky wrote:
This is amazing. Thank you.

Thanks goes to the kids! They're the stars here. I'm just the story teller.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:18 am 
OTP Historian

That's fantastic, Chris.

That's also fantastic that all of the kids were logged in!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:17 pm 

Bosc wrote:
That's fantastic, Chris.

That's also fantastic that all of the kids were logged in!

I was surprised by that too. I guess they're THAT bored. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm 

Rand Paul tests positive. Fingers crossed for him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:17 am 
King of Men

Fogghorn wrote:

Quote:
Ron Paul: "People should ask themselves whether this coronavirus 'pandemic' could be a big hoax, with the actual danger of the disease massively exaggerated by those who seek to profit – financially or politically – from the ensuing panic."

While I don't doubt there are plenty of people out there looking to take advantage of the situation he may be singing a different tune now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:01 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Quote:
Ron Paul: "People should ask themselves whether this coronavirus 'pandemic' could be a big hoax, with the actual danger of the disease massively exaggerated by those who seek to profit – financially or politically – from the ensuing panic."

While I don't doubt there are plenty of people out there looking to take advantage of the situation he may be singing a different tune now.

The asshat was in a community swimming pool a few hours before receiving results. I don't care if he kills himself but he endangered others so if anyone deserves to be at the bottom of the ICU list its Rand Paul.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:15 am 

NYC hospitals are already turning away patients due to lack of ventilators. If only government officials had known this was coming... Oh. They did.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
NYC hospitals are already turning away patients due to lack of ventilators. If only government officials had known this was coming... Oh. They did.

NYC now an epicenter of the pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/co ... li=AAggNb9

Apparently, NYC has reached almost 5% of worlds confirmed cases.

Stay safe Chris!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:39 pm 
Old Man of the Post

My company has about 7k employees. With mostly everyone working from home, our VPN is straining under the load, so we've been asked to only go on VPN to check email, and Skype only as-needed, otherwise, use cell phones...

I'm in here now so you can imagine how productive I've been...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next