OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:30 pm 
King of Men

Well....we can't do shit about it. Might as well use technology to watch it close in on us!

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:41 am 
King of Men

Here it comes......you should have several months of food and water just because.....

If you haven't prepared for an emergency over the years with all the past threats then hopefully the system you trust in protects all of you Borg Hippies out there. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:51 am 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Here it comes......you should have several months of food and water just because.....

If you haven't prepared for an emergency over the years with all the past threats then hopefully the system you trust in protects all of you Borg Hippies out there. Good Luck!

I might not have months of water but I've got months of rum.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:54 pm 

USA began human testing for a vaccine yesterday. That is incredibly fast. Good luck to whoever you are.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:28 pm 
OTP Clown

Wash your hands bitches.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:26 pm 
OTP Historian

Starting to think about the fact that my wife's going to Egypt at the end of March and we're all supposed to got to Madrid and Portugal in June. Only 15 in Spain and 1 in Egypt, but sheeit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:57 pm 
Big in Japan

First case in Montreal. It's been nice knowing you all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:17 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Fogghorn wrote:
USA began human testing for a vaccine yesterday. That is incredibly fast. Good luck to whoever you are.
Sorry, could you expand further on this point?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:20 am 

Logical Progression wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/moderna-d ... 49884.html

It's crazy fast, another company is entering animal testing and plans on human testing in April.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:43 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Fogghorn wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

It's crazy fast, another company is entering animal testing and plans on human testing in April.
Interesting. How would they go about determining the guinea pigs? I get it - but seems rather cruel.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:19 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Interesting. How would they go about determining the guinea pigs? I get it - but seems rather cruel.

I'm guessing its all about the $$$. Of course it won't be rich people lining up to be the first but if the money is sufficient there will always be folks willing to take a chance. Poverty sucks.

And saw a thing earlier today where a guy with the flu went to the hospital to get checked for Covid 19. Cost him $3200 for a blood test and swab. How the hell is the USA going to keep this under control if people with symptoms can't afford to even get tested. That shit should be free until the crisis is over.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:12 pm 

This article from a WHO expert on China is the first pretty optimistic article I've found. Worth the read

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/21161067/c ... id19-china

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:43 pm 
King of Men

And so it begins to take off in the US. So if this thread is any indication the US should be well permeated by April/May. Good luck folks! Stay clean Vancouver and Toronto folks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:17 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

A few people pretty close to where I work have it. I went to Costco nearby. TOTALLY sold out of all hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, etc. I wasn't there to buy those things, but people were running in, seeing the empty space, and losing their shit. The panic is insane.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:13 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

SXSW officially canceled.

I follow a whole shit-ton of comics creators on social media and a lot of them are bailing on upcoming con appearances. Wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming Emerald City Convention gets shut down entirely.

I'm guessing if things continue to progress we may be seeing major sporting events postponed, canceled, or played in empty venues. Not to be insensitive but this is not good timing for the NHL with the Stanley Cup Playoffs coming around the corner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:33 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
SXSW officially canceled.

I follow a whole shit-ton of comics creators on social media and a lot of them are bailing on upcoming con appearances. Wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming Emerald City Convention gets shut down entirely.

I'm guessing if things continue to progress we may be seeing major sporting events postponed, canceled, or played in empty venues. Not to be insensitive but this is not good timing for the NHL with the Stanley Cup Playoffs coming around the corner.

NHL is very still heavily a gate-driven league. They'll do everything in their power to avoid shutting it down.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:37 pm 
Old Man of the Post

We should have bought stock in toilet paper companies and Purell...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:07 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

My wife's school is closed today because there are confirmed cases among families in the town.
I work for a utility company, and we had employees at houses of people who called for service- because they were home to have work done. Home, because they are QUARANTINED. So they called people to come to their houses. Nice, huh? So now we have our first "emergency work from home drill" this Thursday. I was planning to work from home that day anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:35 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I just got done producing online statements for our company regarding the virus. It's officially in Nebraska and possibly spreading thanks to one dumbass lady who was suffering from pneumonia-like symptoms and thought it was a good idea to go to a FUCKING SPECIAL OLYMPICS EVENT, and a bunch of those folks went to a state championship basketball game. This is in Fremont, a small, rural town, so they're taking it pretty seriously, shut down the schools for 2 weeks as well as the YMCA where the basketball tournament and Special Olympics took place.

Thankfully we have teletherapy options but even that is kinda limited.

From what I understand this outbreak is likely going to take at least a year to subside. Great.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:38 pm 
King of Men

on a side note I recommend a "game" called Plague Inc on Android.....gives you a pretty good idea of spread and longevity.

Hopefully the fools scoffing at other people for stockpiling and taking extra precautions don't get sick...I have plenty of those geniuses at my place of employment.

Its stupid to stockpile TP until you need to wipe your own ass..... ;)

https://www.ndemiccreations.com/en/22-plague-inc

first time through I made my virus too noticeable so everyone took action.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next