OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:47 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

https://jezebel.com/that-caroline-callo ... 1838027451

The article above recaps and links to the big essay in question.

I honestly did not know who Calloway was prior to this revelation that's making its way around the Net, and...I don't feel any better knowing.

So in short, Calloway is an "Influencer" (God, that term makes me want to retch) who sprung to fame as--I guess--an artist and writer. Turns out her best friend Natalie Beach may have written a lot of her social media posts, her pitch for a book, and also worked as Calloway's goddamn maid after getting evicted from her apartment.

First off, who in the fuck has someone write your social media posts!? Secondly, the way Calloway has been reacting to this, while she's freely admitting the stories are true (refuting some of it, and also claiming she doesn't remember a lot of it as she was in the throes of a powerful Adderall addiction--same drug Lindsay Lohan says destroyed her career), she still comes off as someone who wants to use her own toxic behavior as a springboard to even more fame.

This is just ugly...and while I always proudly proclaim I avoid reality television like the plague, I'll admit to a certain amount of lurid fascination with this, so I'm no better than anyone else. In essence, it's a celebration of human toxicity, and I think I get more than enough of that from the best reality television there is: Sports. Still, an interesting read.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:18 pm 
King of Men

I have to be honest here I didn't understand any of this. I believe I am just too old and I couldn't give a bag of fucks about what people are saying/doing on social media. You know....hockey season is almost here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:26 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
I have to be honest here I didn't understand any of this. I believe I am just too old and I couldn't give a bag of fucks about what people are saying/doing on social media. You know....hockey season is almost here.

Amen to that.

I just can't believe people can make this much money doing shit on the same medium where guys send girls unsolicited dick pics.