OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Love Montreal!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:25 pm 
King of Men

There are many reasons why.....

But this is awesome Mac And Cheese Week!

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-n ... n-montreal

Post subject: Re: I Love Montreal!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:44 am 
King of Men

https://globalnews.ca/news/3510879/mont ... aken-down/

Seriously!? No takers on the Club Super sign! Shit I would have bought that and I am sure Butch would have too. Club Super is no more?????

Damn you Montreal!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:19 am 
Big in Japan

That Super Sexe sign belongs in a museum. Was near there a week ago and the sign was still up.

They had the nastiest all-you-can-eat lunch buffet in town when they were open. Had a friend who worked in comedy clubs and we'd do our business expense lunches there for yuks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:34 am 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
That Super Sexe sign belongs in a museum. Was near there a week ago and the sign was still up.

They had the nastiest all-you-can-eat lunch buffet in town when they were open. Had a friend who worked in comedy clubs and we'd do our business expense lunches there for yuks.

Oh thank goodness! I think that sign is a part of Montreal....yeah great its frowned upon now. French Canadians should not be ashamed of their less inhibited embrace of sexuality. While I have no interest in those things now that place was part of my youth and the last time I was in there I just sat at the tiny ass bar, drank beer and watched hockey. Is it closed for good?

Quote:
It would be possible to move the sign to another location like a museum, but it would be a complicated process. Jude said the sign was built into the side of the building, and would require some re-assembly wherever it was moved.

“Anything is possible with an unlimited budget. I’m not sure that it could be reconstructed without spending a considerable amount of money,” said Jude.

He said he hasn’t received any offers for the sign yet.

Crowdsourcing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am 
Big in Japan

Montreal's strip club scene ain't what it used to be. Tinder and young people's habits basically killed it. The ones that stayed are mostly there for tourists.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:25 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
Montreal's strip club scene ain't what it used to be. Tinder and young people's habits basically killed it. The ones that stayed are mostly there for tourists.

Bummer. I always heard good things about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:06 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Bummer. I always heard good things about it.

Hey, there are still a few on St-Catherine but last time I went they were really grimy. I used to go fairly often when I was younger and it was fun back then, but you reach a certain age where it makes sense to go for a bachelor party but on a regular night you kinda feel like a dirtbag. Last time I went to Caleche (think it's closed down) the two dancers there must've been 18 and were taking phone videos of each other grinding on the poles (they were newbies and pretty clumsy at it). They had no interest in making lap dance cash and I was more or less content to drink a watered down Jack Daniels and watch.

There's a strip club near me that's basically a dimly lit sports bar with naked women. Dudes will go and order entire chicken wing platters and watch the game and occasionally glance at the dancers. There was a shooting there a year ago, so I don't think I'll go back anytime soon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:11 pm 
King of Men

Then there are shit holes like Bar Chez Dianne in Clarenceville.

A full service affair (but hey that's how most of them were up north).

The last time I was there was for a bachelor's party.....They had 1 tube TV with shitty over the air reception. I wanted to watch HNIC so I made them put it on. The ladies were annoying buy me drink girls and I swore at one in Spanish because she was bothering me while I was trying to watch hockey (I was very passionate about HNIC in my youth). From there on I was on their hate list for the night. I won't name names but we had to wait on some dudes in the back so we were moving cars in the parking lot. They couldn't wait for us to leave. Fuck that place.

Having spent time in the service I've been in my fair share of questionable establishments over the years.

Bar Chez Dianne and Dandy Dan's are tied for worst strip dump. Dandy Dan's is probably worse. Any further discussion on this topic needs to be had elsewhere where googlebots aren't compiling a list of clubs I have been to. :siren:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:59 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
Then there are shit holes like Bar Chez Dianne in Clarenceville.

Oh man, those border-adjacent two-bit brothels are legendary. A friend of mine used to go to one where Highway 20 turns to the 401, and one night a bunch of cops barged in. Everyone freaked but it turns out they were there as customers and not to bust the place. Why go in full uniform, ya dumb cops! (Pre-smartphones, obvs.)