OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 850 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:26 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Former pro skateboarder Jeff Grosso dies at 51. Dude was funny as hell and just a great guy. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Wow, that's young. :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:15 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Adam Schlesinger, frontman for Fountains of Wayne, and composer of the titular song to the film "That Thing You Do" dies at 52 from COVID-19.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/entertai ... index.html

He also wrote or co-wrote a lot of songs from the TV show "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" which was a truly fun show. Worth a binge or two if you're bored and have a Netflix account.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:11 pm 

one of all time favs, Bill Wither passes away at 81 from heart complications. Thank you for so much Bill but especially this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICIOJqEb5c

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:14 pm 
King of Men

Fogghorn wrote:
one of all time favs, Bill Wither passes away at 81 from heart complications. Thank you for so much Bill but especially this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICIOJqEb5c

I like Bill Withers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3hBYTkI-sE

Use Me is a damn fine song.

I think I like the Youtube comments even more on that one....with that CAF drummer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:06 pm 

Brian Dennehy. 81 years of age.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/bria ... 234582309/

He was one of those "character actors" whom I always felt should have been a star. He was always notable in whatever role he had, even though he rarely, if ever, had the lead.

Patton Oswalt has a notable quote from him from their time working together in Ratatouille. "Character actors! Who gives a fuck if we're fat!?"

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:13 pm 
Big in Japan

RIP Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk. Most influential band ever, I'd say.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:38 pm 

E.L. wrote:
RIP Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk. Most influential band ever, I'd say.

So strange since their stuff just doesn't get much airplay at all, and yet they inspired so many modern acts.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:34 pm 

Congrats 2020, you've managed to kill Little Richard. 87 years old. One last time, "Woooooooooo! Shut up!"

Now, can someone please go check on Keith Richards and Iggy Pop for me?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:44 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Chris18 wrote:

Keith Richards is immortal.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:45 pm 

Yeah, first thing I'll say when/if they announce Keith Richards' death is "Yeah, right."

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:00 am 

And now Jerry Stiller, 92. https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2020/ ... es-aged-92

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:05 pm 
Old Man of the Post

RW wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Keith Richards is immortal.

Fuck me, I'm still around?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:19 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Phil May (9 Nov 1944-15 May 2020) founding member and singer of the British band, The Pretty Things. May died of complications from hip surgery. May was 75. He was best known for his work on the 1968 psychedelic classic SF Sorrow which is recognized as the first rock opera. May was born and raised in Dartford, Kent, the same hometown as Keith Richards. He formed the Pretty Things with one of the original Rolling Stones, guitarists, Dick Taylor in 1963.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/may/15/phil-may-frontman-with-the-pretty-things-dies-aged-75?fbclid=IwAR2Ipiu5HZ3a2fWs4lQYXY_MHw91zTC9qyWFB3YWol6_tdYX4WKiKVdU7lU

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:22 am 
Big in Japan

Fred Willard, one of the funniest guys ever.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:01 pm 

E.L. wrote:

Aged 86 years, so it's not like this was a huge surprise, especially when you saw him in his most recent work--he clearly didn't look to be in the best of health. Remarkable that he still delivered the laughs right up until the very end.

My favorite role of his is in "A Mighty Wind" as failed-comic-turned-manager Mike Lafontaine. He just keeps trying to make "Wha'happen!?" and his other catchphrases a thing. Comic gold. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:34 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Aged 86 years, so it's not like this was a huge surprise, especially when you saw him in his most recent work--he clearly didn't look to be in the best of health. Remarkable that he still delivered the laughs right up until the very end.

My favorite role of his is in "A Mighty Wind" as failed-comic-turned-manager Mike Lafontaine. He just keeps trying to make "Wha'happen!?" and his other catchphrases a thing. Comic gold. :lol:

Best in Show was great.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Best in Show was great.

The entire Christopher Guest "mockumentary" repertoire was fantastic. If I'm not mistaken, Willard is in all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:31 pm 

I didn't know much about Nick Cordero prior to his battle against COVID-19 but I don't see how anyone is looking at his case and isn't absolutely terrified at how badly this disease can ravage a perfectly healthy body.

https://ew.com/theater/nick-cordero-die ... ronavirus/

Even if he had survived, he was looking at a severely diminished quality of life. His career was most definitely over, and following a successful double lung transplant, he would've had years of rehabilitation learning to use a prosthetic leg, and a permanent regimen of immunosuppresants. How the fuck do you look at this and say "Meh, it's worth just carrying on like normal. This is a hoax."

It should be noted he was from Hamilton, Ontario, led a very successful career, and had a 1-year-old son named Elvis.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:03 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
How the fuck do you look at this and say "Meh, it's worth just carrying on like normal. This is a hoax."

Because the US has a war on science and that whole side just call it all fake news, or say it's exaggerated, he had a pre-existing immune system compromise, etc... The excuse list is now written on a scroll, aka one of the 5000 rolls of TP the idiots bought in hopes of selling for $15/roll when this all started.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 850 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 43  Next