OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 57  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:09 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The final season really started slow, and felt way too cluttered with new characters, but once a whole lot of 'em got mowed down, Justified ended things right and still managed to throw in some surprises along the way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:59 pm 

Conversely, Person of Interest has run aground after an amazingly strong start to this season. It's like losing Sarah Shahi's character sucked the life out of the show. And Joss Carter's much-hyped return was a gigantic misfire. Hope this show rights the ship soon, though I'm hearing they might actually cancel it after this season, which would suck royally given where the story is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:03 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Conversely, Person of Interest has run aground after an amazingly strong start to this season. It's like losing Sarah Shahi's character sucked the life out of the show. And Joss Carter's much-hyped return was a gigantic misfire. Hope this show rights the ship soon, though I'm hearing they might actually cancel it after this season, which would suck royally given where the story is.

I still watch, but have to admit the Samaritan and the battle of gods storyline is a step too far for me. Preferred the first two and a half seasons more than the last year or so.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:39 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
I still watch, but have to admit the Samaritan and the battle of gods storyline is a step too far for me. Preferred the first two and a half seasons more than the last year or so.

I really liked it, especially at the beginning when our heroes were desperate and on the run, but they've let it go on way too long, even throwing in some completely pointless POI-of-the-week episodes. Without Carter and now without Shaw, Reese is basically grumbling to himself, and he's a very uninteresting character without either of them to pull him out of his shell.

Also, I get the analogy, but Samaritan needs to quit parading around that little kid as his "avatar."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 pm 
Big in Japan

I wanna be Lou Avery and be with Meredith the secretary.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:55 am 
Big in Japan

How's Mad Men going to end next week? Can't wait.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:57 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:
How's Mad Men going to end next week? Can't wait.

Well we know how it ends for Pete and Joan, and somewhat for Don. Roger will probably, finish his career with McCann. The only one left that I am curious is Peggy. I assume she will too will work at McCann, probably close with Roger, but anyway should be a great finale!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:50 am 

That was one of the best exit scenes for a character I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:10 pm 

My bold (and I do hope I'm wrong here) prediction for Don Draper's ultimate fate: He makes a pit stop to visit Megan in California at the worst possible time.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:13 pm 
Big in Japan

The assumption is that next week's episode will exclusively about Don, but even that's just a guess.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:24 pm 

E.L. wrote:
The assumption is that next week's episode will exclusively about Don, but even that's just a guess.

Boy that sucks (but powerful and poignant) if that's the last we've seen of Joan.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:31 pm 
Big in Japan

Av-merican wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Boy that sucks (but powerful and poignant) if that's the last we've seen of Joan.

Joan and Don's quick chat in the elevator was perfect. Glad they patched things up.

Peggy's grand hungover entrance into the ME offices with her cig and octopus painting was amazing too. I think we all want one final interaction between her and Don, but if not, I'll remember her that way.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:24 pm 

Damn...AMC sister networks are going dark during the finale.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/am ... son-finale

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:55 pm 
Big in Japan

I'm planning to take Monday off so I can sit in quiet reflection.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:04 am 

I guess I'm gonna have to read some Slate TV Club analysis tomorrow, 'cause I thought that finale sucked.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:30 am 
Big in Japan

I liked it. Don needed to hug it out. We've all been there.

It was worth it just for the line: "You don't know what happens to people when they believe in things."

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:05 am 

My favorite line of the night was: "Rich little bastard. Oh...I guess he is."

I'm still a bit befuddled by the continual Manson references, especially in terms of Megan. What the hell was that about, then?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:21 am 
Big in Japan

Av-merican wrote:
My favorite line of the night was: "Rich little bastard. Oh...I guess he is."

I'm still a bit befuddled by the continual Manson references, especially in terms of Megan. What the hell was that about, then?

Weiner was just fucking with everyone. I love how Don's great awakening/epiphany still just resulted in a commercial. He's doomed to be an ad man forever.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:02 am 
Big in Japan

I like how the other mains at the firm had their wishes come true: Joan her freedom; Pete his importance; Roger a fitting partner to grow old with; Peggy got love and career balance; Harry got free food. Even the fans got the Peggy/Stan 'ship they were asking for. Kinda sweet and nice.

Now Don... he finally bought the dream he's been selling to everyone this whole time, or he finally learned to not see the manipulative peddling in his day job and his search for a meaningful, fulfilling life as opposing things.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:20 am 

Well fucking hell. The signal cut out during the recording right when Sally breaks the news to Don. I thought I missed just a couple minutes. Turns out I missed that ENTIRE scene between Don and Betty, as well as Joan and Ken. Thankfully I caught both on the encore broadcast. The Don/Birdie scene was amazing and is making me rethink everything about this episode.

I'll admit those were pretty good scenes with Don. Now with no means of escape, he finally reflects on his life and loses it, even contemplates throwing himself over that cliff. It takes some no-name (well I guess his name was Leonard) milquetoast to accurately nail Don's inner turmoil.

And yeah, unfortunately that fucking Coke commercial jingle is still in my head.

I was dreading that Duck Phillips had pulled a fast one on Pete, but it turns out the Lear job was legit.

Lastly, Bruce Greenwood might be the least Québécois person to ever come out of Quebec.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 57  Next