OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 57  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:11 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Hounsy wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
Too bad I don't have Starz, otherwise I'd be watching.

Heard they stream the show on the Starz site in the US.

I'll have to check that out, thanks. If I can catch that and Blunt Talk I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:59 pm 
Big in Japan

I almost wish I hadn't watched Master of None.

Not because it isn't good, but because where Aziz's character and his gf are on the show mirrors my current relationship a bit. It was like looking into the worst possible future. She and I are awkwardly trying to pass it off as mere coincidence, unconvincingly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:39 pm 

Watched The Shannara Chronicles last night. Had very low expectations as it was an MTV show, and when I read Terry Brooks thought he was a pedestrian writer with no originality. Maybe because I had such low expectations that I actually enjoyed it. Its not GoT but was a surprisingly good pilot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:49 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Fogghorn wrote:
Watched The Shannara Chronicles last night. Had very low expectations as it was an MTV show, and when I read Terry Brooks thought he was a pedestrian writer with no originality. Maybe because I had such low expectations that I actually enjoyed it. Its not GoT but was a surprisingly good pilot.

Pretty much agree. Probably twenty five plus years removed from reading the stuff and always thought of it as bubble gum fantasy, but there is room in the TV world for a light hearted fantasy show that teens and parents can watch with their older kids.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:15 pm 

I still can't believe MTV of all places is doing something like this.

On a side note, American Horror Story is back after a lackluster season. Freak Show could've been the most depraved and fun installment but got mired in weird musical performances and putting too much emphasis on a spoiled socialite psychopath. But this year they appeared to have learned their lesson, and Lady Gaga has proven to be a surprisingly effective actress. The look on her face when she fully realizes her final fate is priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:59 pm 

AHS wrapped up nice. I kinda like that even the happy endings some of the characters got were all kinds of fucked up and twisted.

Forced the wife to watch Colony's first episode with me. I'm guessing there's going to be a big, big twist coming up since they've taken great effort to keep the "oppressors" of the show mysterious. They're very strongly hinting that they're aliens, but I'm guessing that's just a ruse.

Now watching season 2 of Galavant. Pretty funny stuff. You can tell the dude who plays the king is having an absolute blast.

Still waiting for that spectacular moment on the Blacklist. I have a couple people I work with who absolutely adore the show, but it still has yet to truly "snag" me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:17 am 
OTP Historian

Daredevil is back. Fuck yes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:19 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Why you should all be a Calvin de Haan fan, from his twitter account:

Happy trailer park boys day!!! @trailerparkboys #season10

— Calvin de Haan (@cal_dehaan) March 28, 2016

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:16 pm 
Big in Japan

Good Wife is over with a rushed, sloppy ending.

It wasn't the best show, but it could be pretty remarkable when the massive ensemble cast (including the many many guest stars) was working in unison.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:32 pm 

Oy vey, I just have to wonder what in hell happens in writers' rooms that allows for such bad TV sometimes. I just got through an episode of Person of Interest that centered around a wedding. Reese posed as a stripper bodyguard, Finch somehow managed to convince everyone he was the family's drunken Irish uncle (which featured an excruciating scene of him trying to sing Twisted Sister), and Root as the caterer who literally rode in on a horse to save the day. All this because one of the family members was secretly doping one of the family's (they're super-rich by the way) prize thoroughbreds and the wedding photographer accidentally found out. :roll: NONE of which tied into the central plot that has engrossed the last two seasons.

This is the FINAL FUCKING SEASON and they served up that!? I just don't get it.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:57 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Dreamland is hilarious. Work place sitcom, government agency, so a bit Parks & Rec like, but all comedy (no personal character arcs). All the actors are Aussie stand-ups, so lots of jokes and great timing. Only two of the workers are at all competent and the rest are either useless or full of bullshit and force their way, so obviously those two are just constantly frustrated trying to fight a good fight.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:46 pm 

Fear the Walking Dead had a pretty weak midseason finale. Three characters lose their minds seemingly at the same time, and while one didn't seem forced, the other two most certainly did.

Still waiting on Preacher to really snag me. So far I'm interested but not blown away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:00 am 
Old Man of the Post

Does anyone have a good recommendation on a Kodi box?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:19 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I'd spend a few more bucks and build an HTPC or buy a small form PC to use as an HTPC and run Kodi on that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:08 pm 

http://mymediaexperience.com/raspberry- ... h-raspbmc/

raspberry pi Kodi tutorial

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:26 pm 
Big in Japan

Monica the Medium is my new favourite show. Shitty MTV reality show meets psychic readings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:56 pm 

After six seasons of varying quality, Person of Interest ends with a finale I found very satisfying. It was a good mix of tragic and happy endings, and every member of the principal cast gets a fitting sendoff. I was a bit disappointed they couldn't work Detective Carter into it a little more though. But overall this was one of the few series finales that did not disappoint.

Overall the show was good, but I feel like CBS wanted a procedural while Nolan & Co. wanted more longform, complex stories. It always felt like it was stuck in between, and frankly the quality suffered as a result. Still a good show that toyed with true greatness at times but ultimately fell short of the mark.

I hope Emerson gets that show he wanted to do with Terry O'Quinn post-LOST now. It was because of POI that that idea was put on indefinite hold.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:38 pm 

I really liked the ending, and agree with you that it was an frustratingly inconsistent show, at times very, very good and other times not worth it to watch. Compared to the Good Wife which seemed to always be a very good show throughout its lifetime until the very last season which just descended to the final very disappointing ending.

Good Wife could not hold it together to the end and PoI did a really good job of not just tying off a very complex story line but was entertaining doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:26 pm 
Big in Japan

I think POI bit off more than it could chew. Way too much going on with a lot expository to explain it all.

The other thing I couldn't get over about the show: Every episode John killed off about 100 henchmen. Where did all these guys come from?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:20 pm 

E.L. wrote:
I think POI bit off more than it could chew. Way too much going on with a lot expository to explain it all.

The other thing I couldn't get over about the show: Every episode John killed off about 100 henchmen. Where did all these guys come from?

Well he actually shot out their kneecaps, :lol: which you would think would've gotten him caught a lot sooner due to tracing the spate of thugs headed to orthopedic surgery.

Another series done. Royal Pains ends its run how it started, with a light, airy ending where everyone gets what they wanted. The show never let things get too serious, which was both an asset and a detriment. Even Hank's brief foray into drug addiction was quickly glossed over and forgotten. Thankfully they remembered to bring back my favorite character (Jill) to end things right. I nearly quit on the show a couple times, wife wouldn't let me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 57  Next