OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 58  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:02 pm 
Big in Japan

They killed off Dr. Kutner on House tonight. Too bad, I thought he was a good character, although it looks like his death will finally cause House to explode.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I really have to finish up season 2 of House and catch up. I think "Supernatural" will be my next DVD series.

I officially gave up on Heroes last week. Tonight's episode is off the DVD schedule. What a sad end to a once-great series. I can't even remember its greatness. When I read that the shattered remains of Ali Larter's character were going to make a return, that was the last straw.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 am 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

i watched the last 4 eps of heroes over the weekend, that show has totally lost its vision. it appears they are grasping at straws. losing powers? baby can bring them back? ando is now ryu? gay japanese texas cowboys?

although i do like how the show ended yesturday. looks like they are regrouping for a good finale.

chuck & how i met your mother have to be the funniest shows on tv right now!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:12 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Av-merican wrote:
I think "Supernatural" will be my next DVD series.

Give Season 1 of Dexter a look-see. Worth the time and effort.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 pm 
Big in Japan

I'm on Season Three of Dawson's Creek right now. The quality has gone down a bit, but the way they've re-aligned the characters a bit is working quite well (Jen & Pacey becoming fuck buddies, Joey's growing feelings for Pacey). Poor reliable Dawson is getting left out of the major story lines though.

Also, everyone I know is quoting "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" like Family Guy, Chapelle, Aqua Teen and Simpsons before it. I think the show is terrific. I think I'm going to sit on my front porch, drink a 40 and sing Biz Markie's "Just A Friend."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:53 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

There's some good stuff on "Always Sunny", but there's something about it I also don't like that I can't quite put a finger on. No one else seems to have this problem.

You forgot Arrested Development in your brief run-down of oft-quoted TV shows with a huge DVD following.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:07 pm 

With "Philadelphia" it could be that none of the characters are even remotely likeable or redeemable...but then again that's really the show's main charm. There has never been a more crazy, fucked-up slob portrayed so perfectly on screen than Charlie. I think "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom" might be the funniest episode of any show at any time I've ever seen.

DC gets pretty screwy from here on out E.L. Prepare to watch as Joey Potter goes from loveable smart-ass to the bitch from hell. I think it was in preparation for her role in "The Gift."

EDIT: I think I already said that before. Oh well...I think Brittany Daniel shows up in season 3 or 4, can't remember. Damn, is she got.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:00 pm 

This isn't really TV related but it is most certainly geeky.

Apparently a new revamp of Buck Rogers is hitting the comic book stands soon, unfortunately I still think the bad taste left in our mouths from the unfortunate 70s TV show hasn't gone away. Apart from watching Erin Gray bounce around in purple spandex and the utterly trippy Dr. Theopolis there isn't much that was memorable about that show.

Nonetheless I thought you might enjoy this preview of the new series cover by the esteemed Mr. Alex Ross. I thought it was pretty kick-ass.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:39 pm 

I will go on record to say the first (hopefully not only) season of Fringe was a success. The show started out way too slow but once the writers started focusing more on Olivia Dunham and less on the Bishops it took right off. The season finale last night gave us some pretty awesome twists--the foremost being that Walter is keeping a gigantic secret from Peter. The final shot took me a minute to process, I didn't understand what the big deal was until...whoa. Anyway, it's a show worth seeing.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:33 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Av-merican wrote:
I will go on record to say the first (hopefully not only) season of Fringe was a success. The show started out way too slow but once the writers started focusing more on Olivia Dunham and less on the Bishops it took right off. The season finale last night gave us some pretty awesome twists--the foremost being that Walter is keeping a gigantic secret from Peter. The final shot took me a minute to process, I didn't understand what the big deal was until...whoa. Anyway, it's a show worth seeing.

I had high hopes for this show, but it lost me around Episode 5... I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and Netflix it. I'm still trying to get through Season 1 of Big Love.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:56 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

I had high hopes for this show, but it lost me around Episode 5... I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and Netflix it. I'm still trying to get through Season 1 of Big Love.

Then you left too soon. Definitely give it another try, trust me, the show improves by leaps and bounds.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:06 pm 

Back next season: Dollhouse

Back next season, but with cut budget: Chuck

Officially canceled: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

The Terminator series might have worked a few years ago in the wake of T2. But after the crapfest known as T3 and T4 due to come out (and quite possibly being somewhat good), no one really gave a rat's ass about this particular story, no matter how well it was done.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:57 am 

Yep, I'm saying it. Glee was freakin' awesome.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:59 am 
Queen of the Random Thought

Av-merican wrote:
Yep, I'm saying it. Glee was freakin' awesome.

Agreed. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:27 am 
Old Man of the Post

Started DVRing this new BBC America show called Being Human... I'm just two episodes in and it sounds great so far. The premise is that a ghost, a vampire and werewolf share a flat in London; they try to retain some semblance of a normal human life while they resist the impulses that go with being who they are. It's a dark horror-comedy like Dexter; think Twilight meets Friends if it was produced by Brits.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:57 am 
Old Man of the Post

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Started DVRing this new BBC America show called Being Human...

Highly recommend this... The entire first season is on YouTube... Check it out... Am up to Ep. 5...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:12 pm 
Big in Japan

All Top Gear, all the time!

That and I ordered Keen Eddie on DVD, should be arriving today.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:27 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

E.L. wrote:
All Top Gear, all the time!

:Butch:

Most entertaining show out there. And I don't know shit about cars nor do I care to.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:36 am 

Fuck yeah! Venture Brothers season 4!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:58 pm 
Big in Japan

Season 2 of Mad Men on DVD.

It's a slow moving series and a lot of screen time is spent on historical context, but season 2 is really moving at a brisk pace now. Worth the early season 1 meandering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 58  Next