OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:42 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
I got the Mrs watching Shoresey. Halfway through season 1. She's admitted that it's way better than she thought it would be.

I'm glad you all kept talking about Shorsey, it motivated me to give it a longer go. I have a bit of trouble keeping up to the speed of the conversation in it and LetterKenny, always felt I was missing too much. Finding as I watch though it gets a lot easier to keep up with. On 4th episode now and laughing so hard I've got tears. Its damn good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:32 am 
OTP Historian

Terry Ryan sports a t-shirt in Shoresy this season that I couldn't believe ended up in my old shirt bin and pulled out years later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:21 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
I got the Mrs watching Shoresey. Halfway through season 1. She's admitted that it's way better than she thought it would be.

I'm glad you all kept talking about Shorsey, it motivated me to give it a longer go. I have a bit of trouble keeping up to the speed of the conversation in it and LetterKenny, always felt I was missing too much. Finding as I watch though it gets a lot easier to keep up with. On 4th episode now and laughing so hard I've got tears. Its damn good.

We've been stuck halfway through Season 1 due to general business and house guests who would definitely NOT appreciate the show. :lol: I watched two Isles games over the weekend and got lots of sighing from a guest. I reminded them they were free to sit in another room... I'm usually a gracious host but don't fuck with my hockey. And no, we can't change the channel to a "reality" real estate show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:51 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

https://ew.com/doctor-who-ncuti-gatwa-d ... al-8413913

Please, no spoilers if you've been watching. I have yet to see any of the new Doctor specials featuring the return of David Tennant and Catherine Tate, not to mention the return of the guy who helmed the relaunch of the series in the first place, Russell T. Davies.

Did not love Jodie Whitaker's run. I thought SHE was fantastic, but the stories just weren't great as far as I'm concerned. That said, I thought it was quite remarkable that a British sci-fi show took on a seminal moment in American history, that being the arrest of Rosa Parks that essentially sparked the Civil Rights movement. Sadly, I just didn't most of the other storylines did great. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't up to DW's usual standards.

Very excited about this upcoming season/series/whatever. I haven't sat down to watch it but my wife was a pretty big fan of Sex Education and Ncuti Gatwa was a huge standout in the scenes I saw him in.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:13 pm 
King of Men

Monarch Legacy of Monsters.............I came for Gojira I am staying for Anna Sawai! Yew!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:47 am 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
Monarch Legacy of Monsters.............I came for Gojira I am staying for Anna Sawai! Yew!

By episode 4 the Anna Sawai fascination has subsided as her character doesn't prefer men! Ho hum.......now I am stuck waiting for Gojira again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:02 pm 

Watched all of Shoresy's 2 seasons. Now my wife keeps yelling "so dumb!" when reading work emails. So much for her not liking it. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:07 pm 
King of Men

Ep 6 Monarch....Daikaiju ALERT! Run Anna run! Betrayal is in the air!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:30 am 
OTP Historian

Bosc wrote:
Terry Ryan sports a t-shirt in Shoresy this season that I couldn't believe ended up in my old shirt bin and pulled out years later.

Loved the I Mother Earth shirt that I have but the Limblifter one too! Amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:18 pm 
King of Men

For All Mankind Season 4....just ended. Definitely better than Season 3.

I've really enjoyed this show over 4 seasons now. Hopefully it comes back again. IMO Apple TV is definitely winning in the series production department.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:40 pm 
King of Men

Monarch ends with a brief kaiju battle and a Gojira appearance.

Verdict is still out on this one. Apple Studios seems to try and do a lot with a little....like Invasion.....big play on the aliens while hardly investing in showing them.....same with this one. Big on filler and character development/interaction.......teases with the payoff (Godzilla).

I'd watch a season 2 if Anna and Kurt come back.

I am over these Marvel series........

Finished Loki Season 2 and it was ok. Haven't bothered with What if (S2), Ahsoka or Secret Invasion yet....not sure if I will.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:47 pm 

I quite liked season 2 of Loki. Felt it was a quite a strong development and ending for Loki. Gonna miss him though.

I quit Secret Invasion, and yeah not that impressed by Marvel anymore. Do wish there was a 2nd season for Silver Knight though.

My new guilty pleasure is Delicious in Dungeon..............Dungeon and Dragon meets Top Chef and how to properly prepare monsters for fine dining. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:37 am 

Thanks for the Loki spoiler alert! :lol:

During the pandemic I watched all the Marvel movies. Now, I can't keep up with the shows and new movies. It's too much and I've just given up for the most part. One show I had wanted to watch was Loki Season 2. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:54 am 

oh crap, sorry Chris. However he doesn't die if that's what you're thinking I meant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:35 am 
King of Men

Yes...me too...Loki 2 was the first on my list. It wasn't bad...how could it be with Tom Hiddleston?.....I just never really liked where the whole MCU was going with the Kang/Time angle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:04 am 

Fogghorn wrote:
oh crap, sorry Chris. However he doesn't die if that's what you're thinking I meant.

:lol: No worries. Loki dies and comes back a few times anyway, so even if he died, I wouldn't believe it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:53 pm 

Well, shit. They canceled "Schmigadoon!" even though they had all the episodes and songs written.

https://ew.com/schmigadoon-season-3-can ... gs-8432044

Hopefully it finds a new home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:27 am 

Fargo Season 5. Watched the first episode and I'm glad the show is back on track after Season 4 went awry. Been awhile since any show has grabbed me in the first episode like this one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:39 pm 
King of Men

The Bear......I heard good things about this....but just didn't think I'd like a show about a kitchen in Chicago. I actually know some Ritchies......

Anyway its good and engaging.

I am also involved in Silo right now.

I was also "encouraged" to give the second season of Invasion a try.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:44 pm 

We're about halfway through Reacher season two. I love that there's no pretense about what it is--I find it funny that this unstoppable gigantic force of American-made military muscle is the creation of a British author. You know he's going to win in the end, and the bad guy is going to suffer a terrible death, but yet it's still compelling. Glad everyone agreed it shouldn't be Tom Cruise, after reading the books it shouldn't be him.

Just saw a clip of Alan Ritchson in an interview and he's totally not like Reacher at all. Seems like a regular guy who just happens to inhabit the frame of a real-life Hulk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next