OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Consumer Gold
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:05 pm 
King of Men

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Snow-Joe-13-in ... 5001464999

Whoever invented these Snow Shovel/throwers is a f'n genius...

I used mine for the first time today and yes sir! yeah they aren't going to work in 6 inches plus....but they are great for walkways, porches and what not. Unfortunately they are hard to get right now because they are hot! Snow Joe also has a liberal warranty and decent customer service (I thought that was dead along with privacy).....they replaced a pressure washer for me with limited bitching.

Now mind you it isn't without its limitations...it only blows snow straight ahead so you can't direct where its going. Also 6 inches of light snow is about what you get. I had about 5-6 inches of wetter snow on my driveway today and I had to use the snow blower. The battery charger is slower as well so that's their way of getting you to buy another battery if you need one. Good supplemental tool or if you get ahead of the snow good for a smaller driveway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:54 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Snow-Joe-13-in-24-Volt-Cordless-Snow-Shovel-Kit-with-4-0-Ah-Battery-Plus-Charger/5001464999

Whoever invented these Snow Shovel/throwers is a f'n genius...

Yeah man - they're awesome. We got Dad one, and I bought this one

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Snow-Joe-20-65 ... 5001465001

Which does the trick even in Barrie. Also small enough to do my walkway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:55 am 
OTP Historian

I bought a Sun Joe power washer a while back. The brand basically had the best reviews and performance for the $ out there. I've been really pleased with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:37 am 
King of Men

Bosc wrote:
I bought a Sun Joe power washer a while back. The brand basically had the best reviews and performance for the $ out there. I've been really pleased with it.

Yes I like mine as well. I used it to refinish my fence this past summer/fall. While I had some issues with it their customer service was great and replaced it (even out of their warranty time frame).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 pm 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Yes I like mine as well. I used it to refinish my fence this past summer/fall. While I had some issues with it their customer service was great and replaced it (even out of their warranty time frame).

Good to know that customer service is reliable.

Microsoft is reliable. They called me to work on my support ticket at 3am the other night. Ticket logged at 10pm, estimated wait for callback of 44 hours. Called 5 hours later in the middle of the night.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:36 am 
King of Men

Yep we are on Robovacs.......I have tested many and found a winner....the Roborock Q5...Lidar, 2700PA, Mutli level maps.....(great mapping software), long runtime. Clocking in at about $300 if you wait out a sale.

I tried the cheap Eufy ones and I also have a Roomba I7 from Costco......the Roborock beats them all. Rocinante runs everyday at noon!

Now there are some draw backs......the dust bin is a bit sketchy and not as big as I would like and it can be loud on max suction. But that's it......it finds its way around my cluttered man's area and over my shaggy bathroom carpets with infrequent difficulty and it doesn't spend 2 hours under the bed or trying to shoehorn itself under every low piece of furniture.......Thumbs up!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:53 pm 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
Yep we are on Robovacs.......I have tested many and found a winner....the Roborock Q5...Lidar, 2700PA, Mutli level maps.....(great mapping software), long runtime. Clocking in at about $300 if you wait out a sale.

I tried the cheap Eufy ones and I also have a Roomba I7 from Costco......the Roborock beats them all. Rocinante runs everyday at noon!

Now there are some draw backs......the dust bin is a bit sketchy and not as big as I would like and it can be loud on max suction. But that's it......it finds its way around my cluttered man's area and over my shaggy bathroom carpets with infrequent difficulty and it doesn't spend 2 hours under the bed or trying to shoehorn itself under every low piece of furniture.......Thumbs up!

I am going to double recommend this...Rocinante still runs every day and keeps my man's area clean (especially with Pet hair)! This is right up there with a f'n Bidet folks! If you don't have it get it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:53 pm 
King of Men

https://www.amazon.com/Wush-Pro-Black-W ... B09X27SLDB

https://blackwolfnation.com/pages/specialoffer-fb-v19

This thing is awesome. I am not sure where this has been all my life. But I have very narrow ear canals and its extremely hard for me to use q tips....this also leads to me having to use ear dry drops as water gets trapped in there when the wax gets trapped (swimmer's ear sucks).

This thing works! I just charge it up and let it sit in the shower.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 12:58 pm 
Old Man of the Post

For a second there, I thought you'd found a replacement for the pink dildo. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:33 pm 

https://multifitblades.ca/

The service from these folks just blew me away. Made me smile all morning.

I lost the screw flange for my multitool. My local tool vendor didn't carry them and I had trouble finding them online but eventually came across multi fit blades, who carry just blades and a few accessories for oscillating tools. Found the screw flange I wanted for $4.99 and started the purchase. They asked the usual, name, address, CC info, plus they asked my profession > glazier and what tool I needed it for ROK. However the manufacturer drop down list did not allow me to choose ROK, it wasn't in the list, so I grabbed the next manufacturer which was Rockwall.

Friday morning I get phone call from these guys. They're concerned because that flange doesn't work on Rockwall, which is 6mm screw and the one I chose is 8mm. I'm like holy shit, $4.99 part, and these guys are calling me to make sure I get the right part! I explain their drop down list didn't allow me to choose ROK, but I had to choose something so I chose Rockwall instead. He's like, okay I get it, just let me check that this flange works on the ROK. 30 seconds later, he verifies it does. Then tells me that he see's I'm a glazier, and asks if that is correct. I tell him it is, and so he tells me, "well for your trouble, I'd like to send you one of our glazing blades for free."

I'm already tickled pink that there is an organization out there, taking the time and trouble to make sure I get the right part, but to also give me freebies because I couldn't select the right manufacturer from the web site, just made my day.

Customer service pretty much sucks these days, but these folks don't just do it right, they go over board.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:51 am 
OTP Historian

Wow, Foggy. That's awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:59 am 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Unfortunately, these pressure washers (SPX3500) aren't very good. The replacement also died after using it once....they will not replace this one even though its under warranty and have done a fantastic job of putting me off every time I inquire about replacing it. They only have to do it for 2 more months until the warranty is truly expired. The most recent inquiry resulted in them demanding a sales receipt for the replacement unit they provided! :doom:

So what was once good is no more. Hard to find good companies anymore since you can't trust any online reviews. Stay vigilant during the holiday season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:37 am 
King of Men

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6BQVDX3?ps ... ct_details

Scored this on a used like new purchase at $250.

I have run it through its paces.

Cooks pizza wonderfully....and I smoked a brisket yesterday.

For the win!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:05 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

We got a pizza oven around Christmas. Frigging love it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:21 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

I have been using my BBQ for years making pizza. I have a Weber and I have it at 700 degrees F for 9 minutes.

Comes out perfect every time! Absolutely love it!