OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Consumer Gold
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 am 
King of Men

I like Chai.

This is the best Chai I've had so far. The Syrian place uses it near my pad.

Don't buy it from Amazon as its a ripoff. Instead buy it from Sam's and sell it to your friends.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mystic-ch ... roduct:1:2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 am 
King of Men

I am in love with my Shark

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Bought it on a Gold Box deal to replace the bagged Hoover from 1990's Walmart in the basement. I like it better than the Dyson!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:03 am 
King of Men

And one more for you:

https://smile.amazon.com/Bissell-86T3-C ... en+machine

Bissell 86T3/86T3Q Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine

I've had Hoover Steam Vacs....had carpets professionally done....and rented the Rug Doctors.....this thing beats them all.

I know its expensive but if you have kids, pets or can write it off somehow this is the one to buy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:41 am 
King of Men

Highly recommend Waste Managements Bagster Service.

http://www.wm.com/residential/bagster-bag.jsp

Big enough to handle our Kitchen/Bathroom counter remodel including sinks (x6).

Buy it at the store and then send WM an email and they come pick it up. All for about $150.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 pm 
King of Men

Ego Snow Blower

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-21-in-S ... /207099229

I bought this last year because I am getting older and can't shovel snow like I used to (also had some back issues last year). I live in suburban hell and I didn't want an enormous snow blower that had the agility of a dump truck or needed its own garage. I chose this one. At $600 for the 5.0 batts they aren't giving this away but it works well. It can be picked up. It can be folded and a the two 5.0 batteries will work through heavy wet snow for about 30 minutes. Now that being said it is a single stage....and like other single stages this will bog down in heavy wet snow....this also doesn't have an adjustable auger (the auger is also rubber) so if your driveway has shifted (like mine) there are going to be areas where you hang up for a sec (just like shoveling). I've used this in snow up to about a foot and it works well for my 3 car driveway and sidewalks down to the neighbors.

I see they now offer it with the 7.5 batteries for close to $800.....that's a bit steep for the build quality and at this point in time I'd just buy the mower that comes with 7.5 and interchange them. I could see where the extra juice would be very beneficial.

Overall this is a very capable and QUIET single stage that is light, easy to store, easy to maneuver and built for suburbia. Exactly what I needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap36BOON2_0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:15 pm 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
Quicken Loans is f'n awesome. These guys don't mind if you talk trash to them and they seldom bullshit. Just an all around great experience every single time. I have my mortgages with them.

Using these folks to refinance I would say yes. Unfortunately I have tried to use them for other things and the associates just don't seem to be knowledgeable in other areas. I had a very young lady tell me.....just cash out your 401K......uh yeah thanks for that. Easy to say in your early 20's. Again, good for straight refinancing but unable to assist with more complex endeavors that life throws at you later on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:32 am 
King of Men

This is a huge mat that can be used under your exercise equipment or just to work out on. I have one under my treadmill and one I use to flop and bounce around on for my kickboxing classes at home. At $30 this thing is a steal. Get it before the word gets out and they drive up the price.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fitness-Realit ... merReviews

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:19 pm 
OTP Historian

My teeth and gums were in pretty rough shape after university and I bought a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush that lasted for nearly 10 years before the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Loved that thing.

Split this 2-pack with my brother-in-law when it went on sale for $135. Love this one too.

https://www.costco.ca/Philips-Sonicare- ... 99655.html

I have no idea if the cheaper versions are good or how they compare, but I had such an awesome experience with the first one I had(think it was around $120 or something) that I was willing to spend the money again. Holds the charge for like 2 weeks so you can bring it on vacation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:24 pm 
King of Men

Bosc wrote:
My teeth and gums were in pretty rough shape after university and I bought a Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush that lasted for nearly 10 years before the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Loved that thing.

Split this 2-pack with my brother-in-law when it went on sale for $135. Love this one too.

https://www.costco.ca/Philips-Sonicare- ... 99655.html

I have no idea if the cheaper versions are good or how they compare, but I had such an awesome experience with the first one I had(think it was around $120 or something) that I was willing to spend the money again. Holds the charge for like 2 weeks so you can bring it on vacation.

I have the cheaper one as my Man's area toothbrush ($40). Works just as good if not better than the Oral B rotator brush (1500). Its a little overpowered (1 setting)...and unless you close tight the toothpaste flies everywhere but...the clean is the real deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:28 pm 
King of Men

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

Nicetown Blackout Curtains.

Good Curtains are hard to come by.....and who the hell wants to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to spend hundreds of dollars. These have black on the outside facing and darken the room 100%. They also provide minor sound insulation and help with cool spots around windows.

The Mans' Area has 2 large windows and French doors.

I actually had cell shades (yeah those ridiculous expensive things) with curtains over them. This does the job and although I still have the cell shades I only use them in winter when it gets cold.

Excellent for the price around $40.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:04 pm 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
Ego Snow Blower

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-21-in-S ... /207099229

I bought this last year because I am getting older and can't shovel snow like I used to (also had some back issues last year). I live in suburban hell and I didn't want an enormous snow blower that had the agility of a dump truck or needed its own garage. I chose this one. At $600 for the 5.0 batts they aren't giving this away but it works well. It can be picked up. It can be folded and a the two 5.0 batteries will work through heavy wet snow for about 30 minutes. Now that being said it is a single stage....and like other single stages this will bog down in heavy wet snow....this also doesn't have an adjustable auger (the auger is also rubber) so if your driveway has shifted (like mine) there are going to be areas where you hang up for a sec (just like shoveling). I've used this in snow up to about a foot and it works well for my 3 car driveway and sidewalks down to the neighbors.

I see they now offer it with the 7.5 batteries for close to $800.....that's a bit steep for the build quality and at this point in time I'd just buy the mower that comes with 7.5 and interchange them. I could see where the extra juice would be very beneficial.

Overall this is a very capable and QUIET single stage that is light, easy to store, easy to maneuver and built for suburbia. Exactly what I needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap36BOON2_0

had 17 inches of snow today. started this up at 13 inches and it performed like a champ. two 5.0 batteries did the 3 car driveway and the sidewalks. Had to recharge and do the last 4 inches but recharge is only about an hour. Obviously you have to know your limitations and only do half a lane at a time with that amount but way better than a monster that's hard to move around. Spring for the 7.5 batts! highly recommended!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:47 am 
King of Men

Folks,

I like to sleep with a fan unfortunately that can cause all sorts of problems. So I've been using a white noise maker for years with fan noises.

This thing called the Electro Fan is great and its on sale today!

https://smile.amazon.com/Adaptive-Sound ... PDKIKX0DER

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:58 pm 
King of Men

warbyparker.com

Great experience if you are a glasses wearer.....all the bells and whistles and your price is still at $145 for normal glasses and $175 for sunglasses.

You go to the website choose the frames you would like to try. They send them to you to try on. You pick them (or not). Upload your prescription and away you go. Plus for the hippies out there every pair you buy they donate one.

Once I received the try on the time from choosing and fulfillment was 10 days. Great quality glasses and great experience.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:22 pm 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Aiwa Exos-9 Bluetooth Speaker

Another excellent bluetooth speaker with bonus benefits like portability, a battery, and the ability to pair with another like speaker for $299.

Good luck finding one right now...

http://smile.amazon.com/Aiwa-Aiwa-9001- ... 79FDBNCF7U

I still love this thing! My genome carrier also has one and the linking feature rocks!

I've sampled a lot of Bluetooth speakers over the years...including the "Smart" Bose 500 (Good), Google Max (excellent), and the Echo Studio (crap). This can't be beat in the $299 price tag zone. Exceptional sound.......excellent volume (I like it loud)....great battery life (especially with the extended battery). The buck still stops here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:37 am 
King of Men

https://smile.amazon.com/All-New-Insign ... CTEEYQA7GG

NS-50DF710NA21 50-inch Smart 4K UHD - Fire TV Edition

Great, Cheap 50 inch 4K HDR TV on sale for $250. With a few caveats, one is the limited space...so if you are going to download a bunch of apps you should purchase a USB drive to plug into the ONLY USB slot. 2.....the NHL app runs like shit on this, choppy and can't keep up with the action. Now if you connect an external firestick or in my case a Shield and run games on there it will display smooth as silk. 3.....shield your eyes when you first turn it on...there is a white insignia screen that will burn out your retina.

Works well with games and has a decent HD tuner.

Good picture..decent sound....good size....great price. Excellent for a garage TV or extra bedroom/area.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:43 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Nice!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:29 am 
King of Men

I really like tunes......I always have. I have a hard on for Speakers.....my SVS SB-2000 is beautiful but my audio tastes usually can only afford mid range. I love my Aiwa Exos 9 (and you can pair 2)....the Exos 8 sucks..but the other products from Aiwa are decent (Prodigy/Arc headphones). The Bose QC 35 2 is still the cream of the crop there (anyone that used to travel will confirm).

The Best smart speaker that I have heard is the Google Max. Better than Bose, and any of the other offerings, including Sonos.

What I have settled on is the Echo Studio......Not the best sound wise...but let me tell you why.......

I like to listen to music in the shower....the smart speaker coupled with my music subscription allows me to do just that.......and change the song, select the station, skip or adjust the volume. I tried the Echo plus but it just wasn't loud enough for me. I still find the Studio to be not loud enough even in a bathroom but its good enough (and you have to turn off the spatializer settings). The best part is if you play your cards right you can wait and get it for $165 occasionally.

The speaker setup in the Studio is way more than you get with any other smart speaker as well. 5 in total, 2 inch Midranges with 2 sidefiring, 1 upfiring, 1 inch front firing tweeter and 5.25 inch downward woofer. You would think that would improve the sound but it still isn't as complete as the full size Echo Show. At least not IMO.

But for me the Echo Studio wins the bathroom.

I'd love to have a whole house Sonos system...but that will have to wait for the next house. Has anyone tried out the Sonos Five?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:12 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Old Bones Therapy has great braces (knee, elbow, ankle, shoulder). Dude's an old skateboarder who couldn't find good braces that really worked well. So he makes them. I've got the ankle braces after having sprained mine a few times. They rock.

OldBonesTherapy.com.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:38 pm 
King of Men

IRobot Roomba i8+

https://www.costco.com/irobot-roomba-i8 ... 00738.html

I typically try to buy all larger ticket items at stores that have good return policies now. Buying online means them trying to stick it to you unless its Amazon Prime and even then that only goes so far (thanks for the cracked grill Exchange!).

Anyway....we picked this thing up a few weeks ago at Costco because the other likes to complain about dog hair and the lack of time she has to do anything about it.

Its name is Chucho.......she gave it a fine Latin name.

It works surprisingly well even in our "well-lived" aka cluttered spaces. It has never gotten stuck, doesn't fall down the stairs, and empties itself if its on the main floor.

The feature I like most on this model is the map learning....I thought I would have to chase this thing around keeping it out of places but it is very intuitive. He does tend to run out of battery when it is learning but after that it can clean each floor on one charge.

Chucho does like to find its way under everything if it can. It can be a bit startling when the bot darts out from under the bed. So far she runs Chucho every day like a fine task master.

In the shit rolls down hill department I can now tell Alexa to do it who in turn tells Chucho.

It has an app which displays the map and can also give commands. You can designate rooms and schedules within the app and tell the bot to focus accordingly.

So far, a worthy purchase.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I thought vacuuming was part of your pre-playoff game routine? Do you defer to this guy or augment his efforts?