OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:33 am 
King of Men

Barely finished off my caramel hint finish Oktoberfest that I bottled over a year ago. A pleasant beer all the way around.

Not sure what happened to my 6 pack of beer prices....I can't even buy a domestic for under $9 now WTF. Good news is that Colorado started selling full strength beer in corner and grocery stores now.....no need to get violated repeatedly by overpriced liquor stores.

Quite honestly I enjoy a $15 30 pack of High Life just as much as my $10 bottle of Liquid Mechanix Peanut Butter Porter. When did beer become bitchy?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:16 am 
OTP Historian

Well it's IPA season again and while I've found a couple that I enjoy(Flying Monkeys) I've switched to making Mojitos more often than having a beer.

These are great, though. I wasn't a huge fan of the regular Summerweiss but these are great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:27 pm 
King of Men

I have a buddy who just got back from Belgium and scored some Westvleteren 12.

While it is not in my hands or my belly yet it will be shortly.

https://www.wanderlustingk.com/travel-b ... teren-beer

Supposedly the best beer in the world...if there is such a thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:25 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Never been a big beer drinker but it has always intrigued me and was thinking of trying something refreshing to relieve this summer heat.

Any entry level recommendations for a rookie gents?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:18 pm 
OTP Historian

Logical Progression wrote:
Never been a big beer drinker but it has always intrigued me and was thinking of trying something refreshing to relieve this summer heat.

Whereabouts are you? BC? I have no idea what you guys get out there from Ontario : )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:59 pm 

Bosc wrote:

Whereabouts are you? BC? I have no idea what you guys get out there from Ontario : )
Moved to California a few years ago so guess I am stuck with American or Mexican beer when not back in Vancouver. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:57 am 
OTP Historian

Bosc wrote:

Moved to California a few years ago so guess I am stuck with American or Mexican beer when not back in Vancouver. :roll:

I thought California had a great craft scene but I'm not too familiar with much there. Limited exposure to US craft brands here in Ontario. Anchor Brewing in San Fran is a pretty well-known craft brand. Their Steam and Porter were both good. But other than that, Hounsy might be able to help you out more.

You can also get on Untappd and rateBeer and see what's close to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:43 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Bosc wrote:

I thought California had a great craft scene but I'm not too familiar with much there. Limited exposure to US craft brands here in Ontario. Anchor Brewing in San Fran is a pretty well-known craft brand. Their Steam and Porter were both good. But other than that, Hounsy might be able to help you out more.

Thanks Jeff - will check that out. May just grab a 6 pack of Corona and a pack of limes and be done with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:52 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I guarantee there's a good craft beer scene in California, because there's an astonishingly good craft beer scene here in frickin' Nebraska, and it really only took flight the last five or so years. Now there's microbreweries from Omaha to Kearney to Hastings. One of the more prominent ones unfortunately went under this summer, they set up shop at a historical site too. But even then, there's tons. California's likely lapped us 20 times by now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:34 pm 
King of Men

I am enjoying 10Barrel American Radler Swill this summer. Moved on from Leinkugels. Probably take this one camping along with my Cold Snacks.

https://10barrel.com/beer/swill/

Craft beer....is why every 6 pack is 10 plus dollars now.

Ugh....no to the Corona unless I am in Mexico and that's all that's free. If you must go that route grab yourself some Dos Equis.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:32 pm 
Big in Japan

The Harpoon Summer Pack in Vermont is pretty much a perfect refreshing set. I also dig their Dunkin Donuts Coffee Ale, which doesn't taste like Dunkin but is still pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:40 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Bosc wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Thanks Jeff - will check that out. May just grab a 6 pack of Corona and a pack of limes and be done with it.

When in the US, my go-to is Modelo Especial - easy to drink when cold. Another really good option is to find beer and wine tasting shows with an open mind and try them. But find out if the ones you like are available locally.

Victoria is home to Philipps Brewery and is my current favourite. They also brew specialty soda (all soft drinks) so the kids enjoy those, too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:36 pm 
King of Men

I like Montucky Cold Snacks but I am now a firm believer that the beer is inconsistent leftovers behind a label. I've had several different batches that taste way different (like Genny Cream Ale bad). Guess thats what happens when you promote a label but outsource your beer recipe. Swill in a can!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:02 pm 
OTP Historian

In a couple of weeks around the I Mother Earth show, may finally hit up that brewery in Fonthill that the guy Hounsy knows started.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:21 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Bosc wrote:
In a couple of weeks around the I Mother Earth show, may finally hit up that brewery in Fonthill that the guy Hounsy knows started.

Let me know if it happens, will come have one if schedule permits.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:18 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Awesome! Show's Friday the 18th so we'll be out of here when my mother-in-law gets here after 6 or something. So if we go it'll most likely be Saturday morning . Just noticed they have food too. We're staying in Welland.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:17 pm 
Big in Japan

Grocery store had the new Beau's London Fog tea beers. Picked up a pair. Cashier passes them through the checkout and the barcodes don't work. They can't sell them to me. Next time...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:56 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Not sure if you saw in the concert thread but it was postponed so I won't be out your way tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:07 pm 
OTP Historian

IPA IPA IPA IPA IPA IPA

New brewery opened in Milton. Third Moon. Their thing? IPAs and what they call pastry stouts. Some friends dropped some off, it was good.

Wondering if I should lift my Nickelbrook boycott and grab some imperials and some of these:

https://nickelbrook.store/collections/b ... apple-uber

$75 for free shipping, but I just grabbed $100 worth of stuff from Orange Snail a week+ ago. I guess I wait.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:04 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Why are we boycotting Nickelbrook? I mean, "Photograph" came out, like, 13 years ago, so...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next