OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:10 am 
Big in Japan

Guillaume Latendresse and Maxim Lapierre have their own beer. I'll get it next time OTP has a Zoom chat:

https://brouehaha.com/beers/la-poche-bleue/?lang=en

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:11 pm 
OTP Historian

IPA and Sour season is getting longer and longer...everywhere has like 6 different IPAs and some sours and one stout if I'm lucky.

Wellington released their limited edition russian imperials so some neighbourhood Dads and I pooled into an order. Their Chocolate Milk stout is out too and they've got some Coffee Cream Ales from a Muskoka collaboration left so ordered those as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:51 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
IPA and Sour season is getting longer and longer...everywhere has like 6 different IPAs and some sours and one stout if I'm lucky.

Wellington released their limited edition russian imperials so some neighbourhood Dads and I pooled into an order. Their Chocolate Milk stout is out too and they've got some Coffee Cream Ales from a Muskoka collaboration left so ordered those as well.

I find myself in a bit of a lager phase right now for this very reason: don't want IPAs, sour season should be over and the stouts don't look as interesting. Dieu du ciel's Lazer lager is pretty decent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:20 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:

I find myself in a bit of a lager phase right now for this very reason: don't want IPAs, sour season should be over and the stouts don't look as interesting. Dieu du ciel's Lazer lager is pretty decent.

There's almost no better pairing than a Muskoka Craft Lager with great Thai/Cambodian food. It's heaven.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:35 pm 
OTP Historian

The Chocolate Hazelnut milk stout from Third Moon in town was tasty but not sure I'd spend the $6.50/tall can for more.

Their Peanut Butter Cup imperial stout that sold out in 10 minutes? Amazing. So much flavour after it warmed up from the fridge temp. They recommend all of their stouts at 14 degrees.

The Wellington limited UVB-76 imperial russin stouts are really good.

Flying Monkeys has released their Chocolate Manifesto, a god-tier stout, in cans at half the price $5.25 of what the bottles used to cost. Glorious. Looking forward to drinking one and seeing if I can tell any difference in the can version.

Picked up some 2020 Cafe del Bastardo and Kentucky Bastards from Nickelbrook.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:34 pm 
King of the One-Liner

New labels and colours on the Kentucky Bastard. Picked up a few, pricey but really is a premium world class stout as is the café del bastardo. I still have a Kentucky Bastard from 2013 and 2014 in my cellar.

Cans eh? yeah couple years ago they went from 750 ml to 500 ml bottles and stopped buying them but will give cans a go.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:46 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
New labels and colours on the Kentucky Bastard. Picked up a few, pricey but really is a premium world class stout as is the café del bastardo. I still have a Kentucky Bastard from 2013 and 2014 in my cellar.

Cans eh? yeah couple years ago they went from 750 ml to 500 ml bottles and stopped buying them but will give cans a go.

The smaller bottles were nice, a little easier for me to drink in one go than the big ones. Cans at $5.25 is ridiculous for how good that beer is.

I asked the guy working at Nickelbrook about aging and he says that they'll stay good for up to 10 years but don't change much after 5.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:23 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I find oaked beers to do good with 5 years and non-oaked does not change much after 2-3 yrs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:40 am 
OTP Historian

The Chocolate Manifestos are amazing in cans as well. And they've got a 5-year best-before date too. Bravo, Flying Monkeys.

The canned Young's Double Chocolate Stout, though? Was not impressed.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:00 pm 
OTP Historian

Have been getting a few of the bears from Third Moon in town along with some friends on the street. Their stuff is great, albeit expensive. And they mentioned on their 1st anniversary call that they don't expect to be profitable for 5 years.

Finally tried a couple of their slushies. Sour ales with unfermented fruit pulp. The first one was a pineapple, white and pink guava. It was incredible. They are expensive but they are so tasty and go down incredibly fast at 5%.

They've released an 8% imperial with kiwi, peach, mango, cherry, banana, cinnamon and graham crackers. Picking those up on my day off tomorrow.

https://thirdmoonbrewing.com/collection ... slush-club

Muskoka nails another collaboration with Kawartha Dairy ice cream, this time a blueberry ale. I have had not great blueberry beers but this one is really good.

https://muskokabrewery.com/beer/blue-buried-treasure/

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:44 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer is the shit. And it's technically a beer, not a soda, so fuck you if you have a problem with me posting that in here!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:19 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Chris18 wrote:
Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer is the shit. And it's technically a beer, not a soda, so fuck you if you have a problem with me posting that in here!

I'm not going to complain. I mean Daft Punk is my favourite punk band so I get it.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:29 pm 
Big in Japan

I don't get those slushies. They're actual slushies with beer?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:47 pm 
King of the One-Liner

E.L. wrote:

I always thought Birch beer is the hippy all natural version of root beer.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:27 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:

No, it's a sour ale and they make it with unfermented fruit pulp. So it's thick and pours like a slushie.

I had a banana, mango and apricot one and a banana, peanut butter and chocolate one too. Those were good but not on the level of the pineapple/guava one.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:33 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:

No, it's a sour ale and they make it with unfermented fruit pulp. So it's thick and pours like a slushie.

I had a banana, mango and apricot one and a banana, peanut butter and chocolate one too. Those were good but not on the level of the pineapple/guava one.

Do you put it in the freezer? Or is it just pulpy?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:52 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Not in the freezer but stored upside down so stuff doesn't settle on the bottom.

It's not even pulpy, its like its blended or something down to a slushie texture.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 7:09 pm 

Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Not in the freezer but stored upside down so stuff doesn't settle on the bottom.

It's not even pulpy, its like its blended or something down to a slushie texture.

More like a smoothie?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:04 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Hounsy wrote:
E.L. wrote:

I always thought Birch beer is the hippy all natural version of root beer.

It's made with sweet birch root specifically, which has a minty smell/taste. I can't stand regular root beer, but birch beer is awesome. My wife says it tastes like root beer plus mouth wash, so there's the flip side.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:35 am 
King of Men

Its playoff time!

I will try this Birch beer if I can find it out here.

Kokanee is now gone out here......

Young folks and their sours! I don't get it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next