OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:01 pm 
Big in Japan

Bought my ticket for Beau's Oktoberfest. Not only great beer and food, but Fucked Up and Alvvays are playing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:39 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Smuttynose Imperial stout is a good one. Can notice the hops which is odd for the style, but it is good all the same.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:54 am 
OTP Historian

Muskoka Craft Lager paired with some spicy Thai/Cambodian food last weekend was godly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 am 
Big in Japan

Cassel Brewery's Caboose IPA is pine-y and robust without being too bitter. Made in Casselman, ON.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:25 pm 
OTP Historian

LCBO has some abnormally high sale prices right now(Milton store anyways). Some of what I picked up last night:

Rochefort 8's $2.70, not showing sale price on the website.

Beau's Farm Table Marzen, 20% off
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/beau-s ... jzwPLerSHs

Flying Monkeys Coast to Coastless ESB for 20% off
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/coast- ... jzwG7erSHs

Highballer Pumpkin Ale from Grand River remains the best of the pumpkins that I've had. I also picked up some St. Ambroise pumpkin.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:03 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Will go tonight, only have a couple of Roch 8's left and it is my go to quality sipping beer to get me to let the aged stuff last longer.

On that note it is for my style of collecting(strong and malty) that time of year again to stock the cellar. Will get back after I look over the fall and winter release info.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:12 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Will go tonight only have a couple of Roch 8's in my stock left and it is my go to quality sipping beer to get me to keep the aged stuff last longer.

On that note it is for my style of collecting(strong and malty) that time of year again to stock the cellar. Will get back after I look over the fall and winter release info.

Yup, my favorites start to get in season as well. I've got 7 10's from last December, a lone 8 from sometime ago and 4 new 8's. I drank my final 2013 10 and holy shit was it boozy. More spicy, less sweet aged for that long.

The first of two Flying Monkeys Chocolate Manifestos has hit a year in the cellar. Really looking forward to it. Beau's bottle imp almost a year. My Lost Coast 8-ball Stout is about 7 months now. I picked up a Black Oak Nutcracker Porter as well.

I should pick up another Kentucky Bastard(though LCBO says that they aren't around me) and Obsidian Rum Barrel Aged imperial porter.

Maybe I give the Muskoka chocolate brew another shot this year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:32 pm 
King of the One-Liner

In Rochefort 10 I still have at eight from 2013 and a eighteen from 2014.

I doubt the eight ball will gain much from age as is the case with most oatmeal stouts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:03 pm 
OTP Historian

Viking Chili Stout was really good.

Not a fan of Muskoka's Summer Weiss but picked up an 8 of the Winter Weiss anyways while I was dropping off empties at the Beer Store. Will report back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:43 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Got six bottles of Rodenbach vintage(2013) tonight. Missed out on them last year so happy to land some this time around. As well the last couple of weeks added Unibroue 17, St. Berny 12, Fuller's vintage, Viking Chile Stout, Blackhorn Stout, and Leffe Royal to the 2015 collection. The options this winter seem a lot slimmer than the last couple so do not foresee adding as much to the cellar this year as the last couple.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:21 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Got six bottles of Rodenbach vintage(2013) tonight. Missed out on them last year so happy to land some this time around. As well the last couple of weeks added Unibroue 17, St. Berny 12, Fuller's vintage, Viking Chile Stout, Blackhorn Stout, and Leffe Royal to the 2015 collection. The options this winter seem a lot slimmer than the last couple so do not foresee adding as much to the cellar this year as the last couple.

I picked up 2 St. Bernys and the Uni 17. Have never had either one before.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:25 am 
OTP Historian

Grabbed another 6 Rochefort 10 for the season.

Drank a 14-month cellared Flying Monkeys Chocolate Manifesto. Amazing. Like eating a boozy chocolate but a lot better.

Coast to Coastless was good.

I have rarely met a wine that would make me want to drink it over a good beer or rum(probably more because of the wines that I've drank), but man do I like Baco Noirs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 pm 
King of the One-Liner

A guy I know opened a small brewery in Fonthill Ontario, called Kame & Kettle. Had a handful of their beers last week when I visited their tap room including a Blonde, Breakfast Stout, Bitter, and a Saison and the beer really was top notch, best locals I have had yet. Was fascinated by the brew setup as he is basically a one pot system with large Demijohns for fermenting working in one keg batches which I think is around 50 liters add to that a tap system in a thirty person tap and him and his partner are up and running. Curious to see as he scales up his brew equipment if the exceptional quality can be maintained.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:27 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
A guy I know opened a small brewery in Fonthill Ontario, called Kame & Kettle. Had a handful of their beers last week when I visited their tap room including a Blonde, Breakfast Stout, Bitter, and a Saison and the beer really was top notch, best locals I have had yet. Was fascinated by the brew setup as he is basically a one pot system with large Demijohns for fermenting working in one keg batches which I think is around 50 liters add to that a tap system in a thirty person tap and him and his partner are up and running. Curious to see as he scales up his brew equipment if the exceptional quality can be maintained.

Looks really neat. We've got friends in Fonthill so if we go to visit I might have to check it out. I like that they have those cans. I like the stuff that Orange Snail Brewers are doing in Milton, but they only have it available by Growler at the brewery.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:22 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Started getting together the gear to start brewing all grain, no more messing around.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:44 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Hanson is now brewing Mmmhops.

http://www.hansonbrothersbeer.com/home.html

The world keeps on giving, man.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:40 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Now that is funny. Though embarrassingly it did take me a longer than it should have to put it together as I was thinking the wrong Hansen Brothers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:29 pm 
OTP Historian

Yesss...Muskoka's awesome Dark Ale is coming back!

Wait...nooooo...only in their tap room! :( :(

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:02 pm 
OTP Historian

The local guys, Orange Snail Brewers, are canning one of their brews by the end of the month. Nice. I don't think I've had a growler of the one that they're canning but I think I sampled it and it was decent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:32 am 
OTP Historian

The Milton brewery, Orange Snail, is running out of their cans within 24-48 hours. And the last few times I've been there they've been sold out of a couple of their beers. One of the owners said that it's not the canning taking too much time it's that they're running out of beer to can. Nice to see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next