OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:19 pm 
OTP Historian

The Tom Green Beer from Beau's seems to have been discontinued and replaced with seasonals :( Didn't try the summer one but the cherry one is good.

Rochefort 10s seem to be more readily available all year round now...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:47 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
The Tom Green Beer from Beau's seems to have been discontinued and replaced with seasonals :( Didn't try the summer one but the cherry one is good.

The Tom Green Summer kicked butt and the Cherry one is perfect for the fall. I think the regular stout is still going, no? It's their second biggest name, after Lug.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:13 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:

The Tom Green Summer kicked butt and the Cherry one is perfect for the fall. I think the regular stout is still going, no? It's their second biggest name, after Lug.

I was going off of the LCBO site(says Product Discontinued and only one store has some left) so maybe they still are? I thought it was weird because even the worst LCBOs for beer selection carried it.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/beau-s ... eer/365627

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/founde ... iVxk1WnGHs

Quote:
NIAGARA FALLS

7481 OAKWOOD DRIVE

905-354-7621

Gonna try and grab a bunch of these when I head to the office tomorrow.

Great Lakes Brewery has a shit-ton of porters and stouts right now. Need to see if my buddy can pick some up for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:36 am 
King of the One-Liner

picked up the Backwood Bastard and not really my thing, it is alright. Also noticed they had four packs or Founders breakfast stout so picked them up and that one is really fantastic. Very well balanced coffee and chocolate with a wonderful thick feel of the oatmeal. Just one of the best beers for me yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:45 pm 
Big in Japan

Hounsy wrote:
picked up the Backwood Bastard and not really my thing, it is alright. Also noticed they had four packs or Founders breakfast stout so picked them up and that one is really fantastic. Very well balanced coffee and chocolate with a wonderful thick feel of the oatmeal. Just one of the best beers for me yet.

Coming to Ontario, apparently http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2017/12 ... o-ontario/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:42 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:

Do you like the regular breakfast better than the KBS?

E.L. wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

Coming to Ontario, apparently http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2017/12 ... o-ontario/

Quote:
Liquid Art & Supply, a beer import agency affiliated with Collective Arts Brewing, has announced that it is bringing one of the most coveted limited edition beers from Michigan’s Founders Brewing into Canada for the first time – and very fittingly so, given the beer’s name.

Yeah the LCBO guy when I bought the Backwoods mentioned getting the CBS.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:41 am 
King of the One-Liner

Bosc wrote:
Do you like the regular breakfast better than the KBS?

For me yes, but never been big on heavily oaked beers. The KBS is a well made and balanced beer and more complex with the added bourbon barrel, just not my preference.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:43 am 
King of the One-Liner

E.L. wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

CBS is often rated the best of all the Founders offerings. Will look forward to trying a few.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:00 pm 
King of the One-Liner

So a bunch of CBS available and none of it local to me. Not sure why they didn't make much more available on line.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:11 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
So a bunch of CBS available and none of it local to me. Not sure why they didn't make much more available on line.

$8.50...yeesh. Guess that's close to the $16 limited 650/750mL that some Ontario breweries do now...

Nothing really close to me but there are some sort of on my way home from the office...

You planning on cellaring these guys, Hounsy? I can grab some for you and get them to you at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:56 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

$8.50...yeesh. Guess that's close to the $16 limited 650/750mL that some Ontario breweries do now...

Nothing really close to me but there are some sort of on my way home from the office...

You planning on cellaring these guys, Hounsy? I can grab some for you and get them to you at some point.

Was not too worried about aging them as they apparently come in good balance. Don't worry about picking up any think I may find them down her yet in time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:51 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Got my hands on two of the Founders CBS today. Scooped Two of the final three in the region that was still in the office and not even on the shelf...figured I'd leave the one for the next local deprived beer snob.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 am 
King of Men

https://www.montuckycoldsnacks.com/home

Love me some Cold Snacks! When I am not doing it like Johnny and having Banquets....Cold Snacks is the beverage of choice!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:03 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Interesting taking a run at the big beer fizzy light lager market as a small guy. Outsource production as the beer is just beer and just find the marketing niche to grab just a sliver of that huge market.
First step we will brand as the beer of Montana, but make it in Wisconsin. :lol:

Just hope they are poaching mainly from the big guys with this shtick and not the micro brews.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:57 pm 
King of Men

Hounsy wrote:
Interesting taking a run at the big beer fizzy light lager market as a small guy. Outsource production as the beer is just beer and just find the marketing niche to grab just a sliver of that huge market.
First step we will brand as the beer of Montana, but make it in Wisconsin. :lol:

Just hope they are poaching mainly from the big guys with this shtick and not the micro brews.

The beer is just beer!? :wookie: Have you had a Cold Snack? Its that refreshing tweak right at the end that seals the deal.

Lots of other craft pretenders also contract out to City Brewing. Example Sam Adams......Boston beer made in Wisconsin. Guiness made at City Brewing! Cold Snacks are a f'n necker beer for hipsters that tastes awesome even after 10!

https://www.montuckycoldsnacks.com/the-story

I for one am tired of all these overly hoppy $10 6 packs of snob beer. My buddy swears by Saisons........I think he's a bit fruity just like the Saison but that's in vogue anyway.

But hey I am simple guy that likes his Banquets, his High Life and now his Cold Snacks! Do yourselves a favor....go grab a 12 pack, start a fire and drink up!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:29 pm 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
I for one am tired of all these
Quote:
overly hoppy $10 6 packs of snob beer.
My buddy swears by Saisons........I think he's a bit fruity just like the Saison but that's in vogue anyway.

Heh...if only they were that cheap here :?

I had a really good IPA with the Architect, which was from a freshly tapped keg. Apparently IPAs are much better when they're really fresh? I've been trying to find some IPAs that I enjoy this summer since the beers I like mostly only appear in the winter. Flying Monkeys has a few good ones. I'm sure Hounsy can recommend some for this stout/porter/dark beer drinker.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:51 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Homebrewing in Ontario is a good way you can make sure the IPA is fresh six weeks after kegging it is ideal. 3 months later you can tell it is a little off.

enjoyed this one a few weeks back if it is still around at LCBO
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/renais ... ipa/545822

IPA's are hit and miss and sometimes when they miss you can't even drink it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:26 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Homebrewing in Ontario is a good way you can make sure the IPA is fresh six weeks after kegging it is ideal. 3 months later you can tell it is a little off.

enjoyed this one a few weeks back if it is still around at LCBO
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/renais ... ipa/545822

IPA's are hit and miss and sometimes when they miss you can't even drink it.

I'm finding that with sours. I don't know how people drink the really sour ones. I almost tossed one I bought.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:57 am 
King of the One-Liner

Never was a fan of sours and yeah some of them have been undrinkable.

Also had a barley wine or two that where undrinkable and as well once a stout infused with some sort of hot pepper.

In my youth I also sipped a few cigarette butt infused lagers that I quickly deemed undrinkable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next