OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Smartphone Advice
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:26 am 
OTP Historian

Heh, last couple of posts in here were 4.5 years ago when I finally got a smartphone. Finally upgraded from my old Note II after a new battery made virtually no difference and it's slow as fuck now. Samsung throttling like Apple?

Anyways, got the OnePlus 5T. Holy upgrade.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:36 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Heh, last couple of posts in here were 4.5 years ago when I finally got a smartphone. Finally upgraded from my old Note II after a new battery made virtually no difference and it's slow as fuck now. Samsung throttling like Apple?

My iPhone 5S is still alive and kicking. No reason to trade it in. Yet. Although the only waterproof case I can get for it these days is a teal Chinese one, suitable for a 12 year old girl. Even my 15 year old daughter makes fun of it. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:47 pm 
King of Men

Bosc wrote:

Strange that you mention this.........My Samsung S5 was working just fine until it started to slow down a few months ago......I didn't add anything. I like the S5 and I really don't feel the need to upgrade....especially considering its off 50% of the time. Now my tablet....I love that thing.

Who makes this OnePlus 5T?

I got educated about Tinder the other day by an 18 year old. I suppose that's a different thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:33 pm 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Strange that you mention this.........My Samsung S5 was working just fine until it started to slow down a few months ago......I didn't add anything. I like the S5 and I really don't feel the need to upgrade....especially considering its off 50% of the time. Now my tablet....I love that thing.

Who makes this OnePlus 5T?

I got educated about Tinder the other day by an 18 year old. I suppose that's a different thread.

OnePlus is the company, based out of Hong Kong I think. Went with this one on the recommendation of my brother-in-law. Wasn't available with my carrier, and carriers advertising $0! $200! smartphones also charge a plan premium/tab to make up for the rest of the price of the phone.

https://oneplus.net/ca_en/5t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:08 am 
King of Men

Full Optic AMOLED

18:9 Display
Snapdragon™835

Qualcomm®
16+20 MP

Dual Camera
Up to 8GB RAM

128GB Storage

Impressive

I've always bought my phones outright....never through a carrier. I am usually several models behind but for less than $200 I can stomach that. I tried Ebay a few times but the sellers there are mostly peddling refurbished trash with problems. I did find a decent seller on Amazon (MyWit) after receiving complete garbage and wretched customer service from Woot. I can understand some dings on the case and perhaps a new battery but not scratches, grooves or burn in on the screen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6