OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:27 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Will be heading back to the Island again this August, ( Courtenay) visiting parents and Relatives, and may take the ferry over to Vancouver to see other relatives. Always look forward to heading out West. :D

Scott when do you leave? Let's grab a beer before you go or after you get back, whenever works. It's been too long.

I'm around from Aug 4-18th, then again from the 27th on....

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:53 pm 
OTP Historian

scratchham wrote:
Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Will be heading back to the Island again this August, ( Courtenay) visiting parents and Relatives, and may take the ferry over to Vancouver to see other relatives. Always look forward to heading out West. :D

Scott when do you leave? Let's grab a beer before you go or after you get back, whenever works. It's been too long.

Cool, any of 4th(I'd have to get a babysitter), 8,9,11,12 should be good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:55 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Bosc wrote:
scratchham wrote:
Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

I'm gone from the 3rd till the 24th. Should be good after that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:42 pm 
Big in Japan

Good son that I am, I helped pay for my mom to visit Paris for the first time. She's 67, insisted on going solo. She doesn't use the internet much and doesn't own a phone, so she's travelling the old fashioned way: With the Lonely Planet book she bought at CAA.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:46 pm 

us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:
scratchham wrote:
Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

I'm gone from the 3rd till the 24th. Should be good after that.

Just to clarify that's Aug 3rd till 24th.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:46 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Good son that I am, I helped pay for my mom to visit Paris for the first time. She's 67, insisted on going solo. She doesn't use the internet much and doesn't own a phone, so she's travelling the old fashioned way: With the Lonely Planet book she bought at CAA.

Well done sir.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:55 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Well done sir.

Awesome, EL.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:52 am 

Lake Placid & surrounding environs are awesome. That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 pm 
Big in Japan

Just spent a few days in Philadelphia, PA. Really enjoyed the good grub. There's a bit of revitalization going on there - I was staying in ghetto-adjacent Point Breeze, and while there were still some rundown elements, a lot of new bars and restos were starting to creep in.

Caught the Giants play the Phillies, and then followed them down to DC for a game against the Nats. I don't like DC: Shiny monuments surrounded by grime.

On the way back from Philly, I made a small detour to Bethel, NY, the site of the original Woodstock. There's a museum and venue there now, but they kept the original field untouched, except for a peace symbol shaved in the grass. It looks like heaven's ampitheatre:

https://twitter.com/eleijon/status/762356642843242496

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:45 am 
OTP Historian

Scott, Bruce, do you guys want to get together 29th or 30th?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:39 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
Just spent a few days in Philadelphia, PA. Really enjoyed the good grub. There's a bit of revitalization going on there - I was staying in ghetto-adjacent Point Breeze, and while there were still some rundown elements, a lot of new bars and restos were starting to creep in.

Caught the Giants play the Phillies, and then followed them down to DC for a game against the Nats. I don't like DC: Shiny monuments surrounded by grime.

On the way back from Philly, I made a small detour to Bethel, NY, the site of the original Woodstock. There's a museum and venue there now, but they kept the original field untouched, except for a peace symbol shaved in the grass. It looks like heaven's ampitheatre:

https://twitter.com/eleijon/status/762356642843242496

Good to know. I went with my old man on a business trip/vacation to Pennsylvania about 20 years ago and parts of Philly scared the living hell out of me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:44 pm 

Parts of Philly would scare mafia hitmen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:48 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
Parts of Philly would scare mafia hitmen.

Stick with East Passyunk, Newbold, Center City, Chinatown, Northern Liberties and Fishtown and you'll be ok.

Just don't go too West. It's where Will Smith got into a fight and his mom got scared.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:47 pm 

It's not a vacation, but I'm currently in Herkimer, NY for work. If you ever get a chance to come here, don't fucking do it! This place is horrible! I asked the hotel receptionist about a good restaurant. She told me "Denny's is real good". That's all you need to know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:32 am 

Chris18 wrote:
It's not a vacation, but I'm currently in Herkimer, NY for work. If you ever get a chance to come here, don't fucking do it! This place is horrible! I asked the hotel receptionist about a good restaurant. She told me "Denny's is real good". That's all you need to know.

:lol:

You are only 15-20 minutes from Utica. I'm sure there is something better there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:37 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:

Ask for the nacho cheese sauce on the hashbrowns at Denny's. You won't regret it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:02 pm 

us 679 part trois wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

You are only 15-20 minutes from Utica. I'm sure there is something better there.

The only thing in Utica I'd want to see is a Comets game, and I was 6 weeks too early.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:13 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Chris18 wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

The only thing in Utica I'd want to see is a Comets game, and I was 6 weeks too early.

Comets games are fun, but I can't even rec a good eating spot in Utica right now. Maybe after another year.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:53 am 

scratchham wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Comets games are fun, but I can't even rec a good eating spot in Utica right now. Maybe after another year.

Found a local Italian place that was okay. Had to be better than Denny's anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:57 am 
OTP Historian

Scott, Bruce, any nights work for you getting together soon? I'm out Thursday the 8th, but Mon-Wed work, and so does any Mon-Thurs the following weeks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next