OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:51 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Walmart will take out all the Grocery stores next.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

It's tempting to want to buy up all that commercial retail space at once and fill as much of it as possible, but as always, thinking smaller is better. Nordstrom and Simon's would both be wise to let their national retail strategy unfold at a smaller pace than "oh shit we all of a sudden have Targets everywhere"

Although I want a Simon's in Saskatoon right now.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm 
OTP Historian

Arby's should move into the Milton target. I wouldn't be mad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:22 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

https://themoneyismine.ca/

If you bought basically any electronics between April 1, 1999 and June 30, 2002 in Canada you can get at least $20 thanks to this class action case regarding DRAM. Since I was a student then, I could only think of one device I bought then... a PS One. But yay, $20!

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:42 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Wow, folks we have reached peak Millennial Douchiness: A "hoverboard" (I fucking hate that they're called that when they're neither boards nor can they hover at all) company called "Swagway" is telling customers not to use their products...of course they ain't offering refunds either.

http://www.maxim.com/news/swagway-deman ... rns-2016-2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:06 am 
OTP Historian

Does anyone own an offset cantilever umbrella?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:55 pm 
OTP Historian

Getting a little sick of ordering used books from Amazon 3rd-party sellers that don't meet the condition requirements that they're listed under(New book came with dust jacket perfectly intact but a completely mangled spine; used books without dust jackets in conditions that require them).

You get refunds and end up with a free book, but I'd rather just get what I paid for.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:55 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:

I've got a few friends with them and they all love them. Looking at getting my wife one for Mother's Day. There are some very expensive ones and very cheap ones. Not sure if the overpriced ones are just overpriced, or if the cheap ones will fall apart in no time...

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:30 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

I've got a few friends with them and they all love them. Looking at getting my wife one for Mother's Day. There are some very expensive ones and very cheap ones. Not sure if the overpriced ones are just overpriced, or if the cheap ones will fall apart in no time...

Seems like the cheap ones often don't come with a base. Lots of reviews of the cable snapping on the cheaper ones.

I'm more inclined to buy the $900 Costco one with a base on sale from $1200 than spend 400-500 plus another 150-200 on a base.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:46 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Seems like the cheap ones often don't come with a base. Lots of reviews of the cable snapping on the cheaper ones.

I'm more inclined to buy the $900 Costco one with a base on sale from $1200 than spend 400-500 plus another 150-200 on a base.

Yeah, I'm inclined to wait until I have that to spend on an umbrella.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:03 am 
King of Men

Damn you Tim Hortons!!!!! I've been buying your 32.8 cans off of Amazon for a few years now but I refuse to pay your price of $30.....that's downright gouging for diner coffee!!!!!! On Amazon.ca its $16. I love you Timmys but I cannot afford you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:32 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Yeah, I'm inclined to wait until I have that to spend on an umbrella.

Got the umbrella. Package was marked as breakable but UPS manhandled the shit out of it anyways.

One of the sand/water canisters had a crack in it, probably manufacturing defect. Dad fixed it up with JBWeld.

One of the base bars was bent when it came, dunno from UPS, me rolling the box to get it to the backyard, or manufacturing.

I called them up for a new canister and mentioned the bent bar, they're just sending me a whole new base.

Opens up the deck nicely. I hated the fucking gazebo thing that we had. It swivels nicely so we can use it to cover Leila's cottage rather than having another umbrella sitting on the ground too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:30 am 
OTP Historian

Some frigging New Era hats are $50 regular price now? Fuck off.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:43 pm 

I may get one of the umbrellas this year.

And yeah, hats are ridiculous. I still expect to spend $20 on hats and always wind up super pissed when I see what they cost now. Usually leave them right where they were.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
I may get one of the umbrellas this year.

And yeah, hats are ridiculous. I still expect to spend $20 on hats and always wind up super pissed when I see what they cost now. Usually leave them right where they were.

There's an awesome one I want in the US but can't track it down in Canada. I could contact a place 30min away and see if they can get it...but after conversion/taxes/duty on $36US? Fuuuuck....even for an American Needle. I've owned one American Needle hat(my old black with retro gold/purple LA Kings logo) and it was amazing.

https://americanneedle.com/product/trad ... d-wings/4/

I have some in-laws that could/would likely get it for me but last time I did for a hat, they wouldn't let me pay them so I'd feel weird/bad asking again.

All of the nice color combos are in flat brims now it seems :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

What's wrong with a flat brim? Hats used to always come like that, you just gotta bend it (my buddy used to wrap the brim around a baseball and leave it for a week or so).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:28 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
What's wrong with a flat brim? Hats used to always come like that, you just gotta bend it (my buddy used to wrap the brim around a baseball and leave it for a week or so).

The flat brims not aren't just flat, they can be shaped a little differently or wider so when you do bend them, they don't really stay bent. I remember them coming like that so you'd bend em and they'd stay that way, rather than coming pre-bent like they do now. Plus, the fit can change, especially on the fitted ones, and even the look depending on how high the crown is.

I've got two and they don't bend as much as I'd like. Maybe I'll try the elastic and see just how bent they stay. The left is one I grabbed from ebay and the right is the one Anam's aunt and uncle grabbed. Both Mitchell and Ness.

This, but curved. Maybe it could, I dunno.

https://www.lids.ca/detroit-red-wings-n ... p/20562022

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 am 
OTP Historian

Had already purchased a 2-puck black display case from Amazon. Wanted a 2nd.

Purchased a 2-puck black display case temporarily out of stock on Amazon. 6 months pass and nothing. So they cancel the order. Even though the case is available from the company that makes them, as a 3rd party seller. Just way more expensive so I guess they can't get it at the listed price. So change the fucking price?

Purchased a 3-puck red display case. Then it goes temporarily out of stock. Arrives, one side is all busted. Return it. Then, it goes from temporarily out of stock to 1 in stock. So I buy it and say to Anam watch it be the same fucking busted one. We'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm 
King of Men

Bosc wrote:

Purchased a 2-puck black display case temporarily out of stock on Amazon. 6 months pass and nothing. So they cancel the order. Even though the case is available from the company that makes them, as a 3rd party seller. Just way more expensive so I guess they can't get it at the listed price. So change the fucking price?

Purchased a 3-puck red display case. Then it goes temporarily out of stock. Arrives, one side is all busted. Return it. Then, it goes from temporarily out of stock to 1 in stock. So I buy it and say to Anam watch it be the same fucking busted one. We'll see what happens.

This happened with a bluetooth speaker I bought "certified refurbished" on Amazon......it had a strange buzz and I noticed one dude had commented on it in the reviews...I told him I got the same one and after that 2 more people commented they had received the buzzing one and returned it. Must have found some frequency deaf bloke to finally take it. That's Amazon QA right there....and why I don't buy anything "refurbished" from them anymore. Their partner site is WOOT and that place is a dumping ground for failed/defective products.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 am 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Bosc wrote:

This happened with a bluetooth speaker I bought "certified refurbished" on Amazon......it had a strange buzz and I noticed one dude had commented on it in the reviews...I told him I got the same one and after that 2 more people commented they had received the buzzing one and returned it. Must have found some frequency deaf bloke to finally take it. That's Amazon QA right there....and why I don't buy anything "refurbished" from them anymore. Their partner site is WOOT and that place is a dumping ground for failed/defective products.

Yeah I'm generally wary of buying refurb.

It's coming from somewhere in PA rather than the amazon warehouse around here so that's a good sign at least.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next