OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Apparently putting a negative review on the company web site & one of their biggest dealers works. I'm getting my replacement tank paid for, as it should be. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:57 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
I'm testing out the Logitech Z623 speakers for my PC. Even for the low price, meh.

Low-end is amazing. Great bass, giant sub.
Picks apart individual sounds well too, good with frequency. Maybe too good: my ears can't take the onslaught for too long.
But the treble is total shit, no power, and it makes some sounds really pitchy and screechy when you play them louder.

I'll hang on to them, just because I don't feel like buying anything really expensive right now.

I'm happy with the Denon receiver I picked up. Can't wait to get the basement finished and have the PC and PS3 going with 7.1. Haven't had surround for a while now.

Though one thing that's annoying as fuck is that the PC will stop recognizing the receiver when its been turned off or turned to a different input. Gotta switch receiver inputs or turn it off and back on for the computer to recognize its there. Doesn't output sound otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:44 am 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:
Apparently putting a negative review on the company web site & one of their biggest dealers works. I'm getting my replacement tank paid for, as it should be. :D

Bravo!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:47 am 
Big in Japan

Addendum to my Logitech Z623 speakers: Hooked them up to my new PC, and poof, no more treble or static problems. I think it was the sound card on my old PC that was fucked. They now sound great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:55 am 
OTP Historian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24361142

Hyundai: Looking out for US government staff when their own congress won't. We were already leaning towards getting a Santa Fe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:51 am 
OTP Historian

So apparently this address is unknown to UPS and cannot be delivered to:

SUPER 8 ST. AUGUSTINE BEACH
311 A1A Beach Boulevard, St Augustine, FL 32080 US

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/311+A1 ... 44b8af9ea7

Here is the correct address!

SUPER 8 ST. AUGUSTINE BEACH
311 A1A Bch Boulevard, St Augustine, FL 32080 US

What, the fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:14 pm 
OTP Historian

Holy fuck, dealing with RBC to open one type of group RRSP account has been an absolute clusterfuck of incompetence and confusion. Was going to move funds from a Scotia account but no fucking way now. Fuck doing anything else besides just the group RRSP.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:15 pm 
OTP Historian

I've got a KitchenAid range hood that has 1 bulb out. Sized pretty much exactly like a MR16 bulb, but MR16s don't fit. It says to only use MR11 20W bulbs. Well, those are too small and the clip that holds them in place holds it too far out for the connection.

The bulbs made for it are proprietary Whirlpool halogen bulbs. $40 apiece. Fucking stupid. I'm going to just take a metal file and see if making the opening a little bigger will work. The opening doesn't actually hold the bulb in place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:48 pm 
OTP Historian

Groupon was attempting to file trademark applications for a product called GNOME, which has already existed as a GUI for GNU/Linux and BSD desktops. Apparently Groupon has decided not to be a bunch of assholes.

http://www.gnome.org/news/2014/11/group ... duct-name/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:36 pm 

Anybody ever use Tirerack.com? I'll save $200 on buying them at my local ripoff tire place, even with the mount/balance fees from another local tire place. Seems too good to be real.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:57 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Chris18 wrote:
Anybody ever use Tirerack.com? I'll save $200 on buying them at my local ripoff tire place, even with the mount/balance fees from another local tire place. Seems too good to be real.

A friend from mine swears by them. I would have gone to them, too, but the local outfit was going to price match anyway...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:58 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Chris18 wrote:

A friend from mine swears by them. I would have gone to them, too, but the local outfit was going to price match anyway...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:26 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I just got home from getting my new tires. Saved $260. It took a few more days to get it done due to delivery, but then again I'm not 100% positive the local tire shop had them in stock since I walked out pissed off at them charging $20 over Goodyear's MSRP. I recommend it.

And if you know your hockey history, you should use Goodyear. ;) Thanks Charlie!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:39 pm 
OTP Historian

A eulogy for Radio Shack, who has been dying a slow, painful death for a long time.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/11/26/7281 ... gy-stories

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:58 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Bummer. Got a killer deal on my last phone there. They found out Verizon screwed up on my last contract and basically forced them to give me a new one or I'd walk without having to pay any fees.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:25 pm 
OTP Historian

Fangoddamtastic. Looks like the company that we bought our crib and mattress from has closed up shop and Anam heard secondhand that it declared bankruptcy. Going to try to see if I can get a refund via bank/visa, but no idea how that will go.

Baby Cribs, but it doesn't sound like you can go there to lose money anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:43 am 
OTP Historian

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e22442315/

Toronto entrepreneur to challenge Beer Store’s monopoly.

I'd love to see them open it up. Microbrewers have to pay a flat fee to the Beer Store and a fee per store to get their product on the shelf. If other independent stores can open up and be successful, why the fuck shouldn't they be able to? The Beer Store will still have a tremendous advantage over the others in their distribution network. Would they raise those fees for smaller breweries in retaliation? See their market share drop? Then lower it and get the microbrew product into the stores?

I could see a possible short term hit for microbreweries if the Beer Store retaliates, but the LCBO can easily swoop in.

There is also bullshit rules about breweries opening more than one retail store based on the quantity of beer that they brew. If they can successfully open more than one store despite , why not?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Kinda disturbing that the rules protect a foreign interest owned monopoly that hurts the Ontario owned micros.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:30 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Kinda disturbing that the rules protect a foreign interest owned monopoly that hurts the Ontario owned micros.

Yeah. Used to be Canadian brewers but foreign-owned now. This isn't like the LCBO where all of the profits are funnelled back to the province. I'm sure that their distribution network is helpful for some, if not all micros, but the micros shouldn't be prevented from attempting their own retail stores. There's no reason that those 3 companies should be the only ones able to operate the way that they are.

There's even a deal with the LCBO where the LCBO won't sell anything larger than 6-packs.

I wish I was closer to microbreweries where I am(probably 20-25 minute drive at least to the closest). I'd be buying there for sure. I try to hit Wellington whenever I go to Guelph.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:18 pm 
Big in Japan

Target lasted two years in Canada. The rollout was colossally fucked from the beginning. Not sure how things could have gone any worse.

With Target pulling out, Sears slowly dying and Best Buy/Future Shop on shaky ground, Canada's big ugly old malls are in trouble.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next