OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:53 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Found the drainage issue with my Bosch dishwasher. Kinked drain hose.

How'd it get kinked?

When I installed it, I ran the new water line, electrical and drain hose through the previous hole in the cupboard and it kind of looped when I pushed it into place. Must have been pinched either at the side of the hole or by the water supply or electrical somewhere. Cut a new hole for a more direct turn and route to the plumbing separate from the supply and electrical.

Gotcha. Such a fun job, right? I mean, they give you so much room to work... :chairshot:

I had a slow leak initially after installing it because I couldn't get the fucking supply line on with the supplied gasket. Used a different one, then eventually found a puddle on my clothes dryer wondering where the hell it came from. Through the hole underneath the dishwasher where the electrical came through the tile. Then lo and behold, I was able to get the supplied gasket to fit on properly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:41 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Plumbing is such a pain in the ass because the leak could be on the western side of your house but doesn't find a place to daylight until it runs all the way to the eastern side of the house. In my case, it was like 10' away from the actual leak.

And now my 35 year old front door handle broke. Of course, nobody makes replacements, so I'll have to at least sand/paint part of the door to put new handles on. One company suggested I'd have to fill the old holes with foam insulation, bondo over it, sand smooth and then paint. Hopefully that's wrong. But finding exterior French door handles that only have a deadbolt on one side is a mofo.

We should probably have a home repair thread by now. This is getting kind of off topic. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:29 pm 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:

We should probably have a home repair thread by now. This is getting kind of off topic. :lol:

That is a great idea.....since I am sure we are all running into this. I believe we had a thread where we talked about improvements...but now that we are older its more repair and renovation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9