OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:51 pm 
Offline
King of the One-Liner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:40 pm
Posts: 4833
Location: Too deep in crease.
Walmart will take out all the Grocery stores next.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 pm 
Offline
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 10820
Location: Saskabush
It's tempting to want to buy up all that commercial retail space at once and fill as much of it as possible, but as always, thinking smaller is better. Nordstrom and Simon's would both be wise to let their national retail strategy unfold at a smaller pace than "oh shit we all of a sudden have Targets everywhere"

Although I want a Simon's in Saskatoon right now.

_________________
Injustice? Cobain died and Eddy Fucking Vedder lived to haunt us with his shitty fucking voice, trite lyrics and his Eddy Vedderness.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Arby's should move into the Milton target. I wouldn't be mad.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:22 am 
Offline
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 10820
Location: Saskabush
https://themoneyismine.ca/

If you bought basically any electronics between April 1, 1999 and June 30, 2002 in Canada you can get at least $20 thanks to this class action case regarding DRAM. Since I was a student then, I could only think of one device I bought then... a PS One. But yay, $20!

_________________
Injustice? Cobain died and Eddy Fucking Vedder lived to haunt us with his shitty fucking voice, trite lyrics and his Eddy Vedderness.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:42 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 19807
Wow, folks we have reached peak Millennial Douchiness: A "hoverboard" (I fucking hate that they're called that when they're neither boards nor can they hover at all) company called "Swagway" is telling customers not to use their products...of course they ain't offering refunds either.

http://www.maxim.com/news/swagway-deman ... rns-2016-2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:06 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Does anyone own an offset cantilever umbrella?

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Getting a little sick of ordering used books from Amazon 3rd-party sellers that don't meet the condition requirements that they're listed under(New book came with dust jacket perfectly intact but a completely mangled spine; used books without dust jackets in conditions that require them).

You get refunds and end up with a free book, but I'd rather just get what I paid for.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6777
Bosc wrote:
Does anyone own an offset cantilever umbrella?


I've got a few friends with them and they all love them. Looking at getting my wife one for Mother's Day. There are some very expensive ones and very cheap ones. Not sure if the overpriced ones are just overpriced, or if the cheap ones will fall apart in no time...

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Does anyone own an offset cantilever umbrella?


I've got a few friends with them and they all love them. Looking at getting my wife one for Mother's Day. There are some very expensive ones and very cheap ones. Not sure if the overpriced ones are just overpriced, or if the cheap ones will fall apart in no time...


Seems like the cheap ones often don't come with a base. Lots of reviews of the cable snapping on the cheaper ones.

I'm more inclined to buy the $900 Costco one with a base on sale from $1200 than spend 400-500 plus another 150-200 on a base.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6777
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Does anyone own an offset cantilever umbrella?


I've got a few friends with them and they all love them. Looking at getting my wife one for Mother's Day. There are some very expensive ones and very cheap ones. Not sure if the overpriced ones are just overpriced, or if the cheap ones will fall apart in no time...


Seems like the cheap ones often don't come with a base. Lots of reviews of the cable snapping on the cheaper ones.

I'm more inclined to buy the $900 Costco one with a base on sale from $1200 than spend 400-500 plus another 150-200 on a base.


Yeah, I'm inclined to wait until I have that to spend on an umbrella.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
King of Men
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 5792
Location: Left Field
Damn you Tim Hortons!!!!! I've been buying your 32.8 cans off of Amazon for a few years now but I refuse to pay your price of $30.....that's downright gouging for diner coffee!!!!!! On Amazon.ca its $16. I love you Timmys but I cannot afford you!

_________________
"How shall we, the murderers of all murderers, comfort ourselves?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:32 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Does anyone own an offset cantilever umbrella?


I've got a few friends with them and they all love them. Looking at getting my wife one for Mother's Day. There are some very expensive ones and very cheap ones. Not sure if the overpriced ones are just overpriced, or if the cheap ones will fall apart in no time...


Seems like the cheap ones often don't come with a base. Lots of reviews of the cable snapping on the cheaper ones.

I'm more inclined to buy the $900 Costco one with a base on sale from $1200 than spend 400-500 plus another 150-200 on a base.


Yeah, I'm inclined to wait until I have that to spend on an umbrella.


Got the umbrella. Package was marked as breakable but UPS manhandled the shit out of it anyways.

One of the sand/water canisters had a crack in it, probably manufacturing defect. Dad fixed it up with JBWeld.

One of the base bars was bent when it came, dunno from UPS, me rolling the box to get it to the backyard, or manufacturing.

I called them up for a new canister and mentioned the bent bar, they're just sending me a whole new base.

Opens up the deck nicely. I hated the fucking gazebo thing that we had. It swivels nicely so we can use it to cover Leila's cottage rather than having another umbrella sitting on the ground too.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:30 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Some frigging New Era hats are $50 regular price now? Fuck off.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 6777
I may get one of the umbrellas this year.

And yeah, hats are ridiculous. I still expect to spend $20 on hats and always wind up super pissed when I see what they cost now. Usually leave them right where they were.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Chris18 wrote:
I may get one of the umbrellas this year.

And yeah, hats are ridiculous. I still expect to spend $20 on hats and always wind up super pissed when I see what they cost now. Usually leave them right where they were.


There's an awesome one I want in the US but can't track it down in Canada. I could contact a place 30min away and see if they can get it...but after conversion/taxes/duty on $36US? Fuuuuck....even for an American Needle. I've owned one American Needle hat(my old black with retro gold/purple LA Kings logo) and it was amazing.

https://americanneedle.com/product/trad ... d-wings/4/

I have some in-laws that could/would likely get it for me but last time I did for a hat, they wouldn't let me pay them so I'd feel weird/bad asking again.

All of the nice color combos are in flat brims now it seems :(

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 19807
What's wrong with a flat brim? Hats used to always come like that, you just gotta bend it (my buddy used to wrap the brim around a baseball and leave it for a week or so).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Pokecheque wrote:
What's wrong with a flat brim? Hats used to always come like that, you just gotta bend it (my buddy used to wrap the brim around a baseball and leave it for a week or so).


The flat brims not aren't just flat, they can be shaped a little differently or wider so when you do bend them, they don't really stay bent. I remember them coming like that so you'd bend em and they'd stay that way, rather than coming pre-bent like they do now. Plus, the fit can change, especially on the fitted ones, and even the look depending on how high the crown is.

I've got two and they don't bend as much as I'd like. Maybe I'll try the elastic and see just how bent they stay. The left is one I grabbed from ebay and the right is the one Anam's aunt and uncle grabbed. Both Mitchell and Ness.

Image

This, but curved. Maybe it could, I dunno.

https://www.lids.ca/detroit-red-wings-n ... p/20562022

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
Had already purchased a 2-puck black display case from Amazon. Wanted a 2nd.

Purchased a 2-puck black display case temporarily out of stock on Amazon. 6 months pass and nothing. So they cancel the order. Even though the case is available from the company that makes them, as a 3rd party seller. Just way more expensive so I guess they can't get it at the listed price. So change the fucking price?

Purchased a 3-puck red display case. Then it goes temporarily out of stock. Arrives, one side is all busted. Return it. Then, it goes from temporarily out of stock to 1 in stock. So I buy it and say to Anam watch it be the same fucking busted one. We'll see what happens.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
King of Men
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 5792
Location: Left Field
Bosc wrote:
Had already purchased a 2-puck black display case from Amazon. Wanted a 2nd.

Purchased a 2-puck black display case temporarily out of stock on Amazon. 6 months pass and nothing. So they cancel the order. Even though the case is available from the company that makes them, as a 3rd party seller. Just way more expensive so I guess they can't get it at the listed price. So change the fucking price?

Purchased a 3-puck red display case. Then it goes temporarily out of stock. Arrives, one side is all busted. Return it. Then, it goes from temporarily out of stock to 1 in stock. So I buy it and say to Anam watch it be the same fucking busted one. We'll see what happens.


This happened with a bluetooth speaker I bought "certified refurbished" on Amazon......it had a strange buzz and I noticed one dude had commented on it in the reviews...I told him I got the same one and after that 2 more people commented they had received the buzzing one and returned it. Must have found some frequency deaf bloke to finally take it. That's Amazon QA right there....and why I don't buy anything "refurbished" from them anymore. Their partner site is WOOT and that place is a dumping ground for failed/defective products.

_________________
"How shall we, the murderers of all murderers, comfort ourselves?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CONSUMER AWARENESS
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9261
harmfuljays wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Had already purchased a 2-puck black display case from Amazon. Wanted a 2nd.

Purchased a 2-puck black display case temporarily out of stock on Amazon. 6 months pass and nothing. So they cancel the order. Even though the case is available from the company that makes them, as a 3rd party seller. Just way more expensive so I guess they can't get it at the listed price. So change the fucking price?

Purchased a 3-puck red display case. Then it goes temporarily out of stock. Arrives, one side is all busted. Return it. Then, it goes from temporarily out of stock to 1 in stock. So I buy it and say to Anam watch it be the same fucking busted one. We'll see what happens.


This happened with a bluetooth speaker I bought "certified refurbished" on Amazon......it had a strange buzz and I noticed one dude had commented on it in the reviews...I told him I got the same one and after that 2 more people commented they had received the buzzing one and returned it. Must have found some frequency deaf bloke to finally take it. That's Amazon QA right there....and why I don't buy anything "refurbished" from them anymore. Their partner site is WOOT and that place is a dumping ground for failed/defective products.


Yeah I'm generally wary of buying refurb.

It's coming from somewhere in PA rather than the amazon warehouse around here so that's a good sign at least.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group