OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaming Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:12 pm 
King of Men

Well I suppose I can take my drive and just put in another refurb.....the problem is that Sony marries each system to each account. So everything that you have downloaded and or purchased needs to be reinstalled/downloaded with the new relationship. I believe that's why Sony offers its "Cloud service" so you can save your game and what not to it. I took my drive out before I sent it in for swap last time and then when it came back I had to run a restore because my drive was paired to the old machine. My restore was 6 months old and certain saves don't carry over (f you Rockband DRM!). I don't have any idea if my 500 G drive would actually fit in a slim.

I don't even know why I patronize this company anymore. Maybe its because when I grew up they had awesome walkmans or maybe its because I have failing stock........My PS1 was a piece of shit that only played games turned upside down (still the most robust one). My PS2 was also a piece of shit where the drive continuously failed...had to send that back over 3 times (at least it had memory cards). And now this hunk of shit which is on its second repair for the same heat issue that doesn't go away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 am 
OTP Historian

harmfuljays wrote:
Well I suppose I can take my drive and just put in another refurb.....the problem is that Sony marries each system to each account. So everything that you have downloaded and or purchased needs to be reinstalled/downloaded with the new relationship. I believe that's why Sony offers its "Cloud service" so you can save your game and what not to it. I took my drive out before I sent it in for swap last time and then when it came back I had to run a restore because my drive was paired to the old machine. My restore was 6 months old and certain saves don't carry over (f you Rockband DRM!). I don't have any idea if my 500 G drive would actually fit in a slim.

I don't even know why I patronize this company anymore. Maybe its because when I grew up they had awesome walkmans or maybe its because I have failing stock........My PS1 was a piece of shit that only played games turned upside down (still the most robust one). My PS2 was also a piece of shit where the drive continuously failed...had to send that back over 3 times (at least it had memory cards). And now this hunk of shit which is on its second repair for the same heat issue that doesn't go away.

Ahh, ok. I didn't realize that it married the data to the physical machine. That's stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:56 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

This alone makes me want to get a Wii U:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/06/10/star- ... -miyamoto/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:46 am 
King of Men

Anyone play the Destiny Beta a few weeks ago? Only got my hands on it for a day and a half but I was impressed. Definitely a pre-order.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:06 pm 
Old Man of the Post

I've pretty much retired from console gaming and spending all my free time on Real Racing 3 for the iPad. Surprisingly addictive and the only racing game that has kept my attention.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:45 pm 
Old Man of the Post

So I finally experienced the OR DK1.. OMG it's every bit as sexy as they say. Ordered DK2 August 4th... Still waiting.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:57 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Finished Broken Age: Act II. Fantastically rendered game that delivered on its promise of bringing back the olde strategy/puzzle adventure. Some puzzles were outright brilliant, some were a bit on the WTF side, but really, in this age of the Internet rife with walkthroughs and easy-to-find spoilers I think some of the puzzles were so crazy/complex for the very purpose of encouraging people to engage online. I can still remember begging my parents to call long distance just so I could call the Lucasarts game hint line because I got stuck on "The Secret of Monkey Island."

One thing I wished they had put a little more effort into was the ending. No one likes to win a game only to see it cut right to credits. We want some payoff.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:30 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Have a new gaming rig. Will attempt Titanfall and BF4 on it these newxt few weeks...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:25 pm 
OTP Historian

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Have a new gaming rig. Will attempt Titanfall and BF4 on it these newxt few weeks...

Nice! GTA5. If you've ever played any of the Metal Gear Solid games, 5: Phantom Pain comes out in September, I think. Open world.

Skyrim is pretty great(if you like first person RPG) but is going down a rabbit hole. You can mod the crap out of it and lose a ton of time to it.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:32 am 
King of Men

I've lost a few hundred hours to Dragon Age Inquisition so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:51 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Very happy with the Xbox one just over a month in. My son enjoys the games and the rating system has worked out fine for keeping the stuff he uses appropriate, though I have not played any of them just watched. unexpected plus side I have lost eight pounds the last month using the Xbox fitness five days a week and tweaking the diet a little.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:54 am 
Old Man of the Post

Bosc wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:

Nice! GTA5. If you've ever played any of the Metal Gear Solid games, 5: Phantom Pain comes out in September, I think. Open world.

Skyrim is pretty great(if you like first person RPG) but is going down a rabbit hole. You can mod the crap out of it and lose a ton of time to it.

The video card I chose included a pre-order of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This series is supposed to be very good but I know almost nothing about it. My son (now 14) is probably going to love it; he doesn't like coop (I do) nor mp (my 12 year old does) games. I got them SkyRim for the 360 but neither really took an interest. Perhaps the modding aspect on the PC might change their mind.

I played MGS on the PS2 a while back and it as ok, but the ending really turned me off. I'll check out the next one...

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:45 pm 
OTP Historian

For anyone that remembers this game from the late 90's, Carmageddon is back. And it's fun.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249380/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 am 
OTP Historian

FALLOUT 4!!! YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-)

Announcement in 7 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 am 
OTP Historian

Hell yes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:42 am 
King of Men

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-xb ... 0-6427858/

6/15....Release date for a One with a 1 TB drive.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:32 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Apparently Isles fans "Yes Yes Yes" goal chant will be in the new EA NHL16 game. Whoopadeedoo!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:42 am 
OTP Historian

Fallout 4 November 10. Heck yes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:34 am 
OTP Historian

Oh sweet Jesus.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:52 am 
Big in Japan

Oh hell yes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next