OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
 Post subject: Re: Gaming Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:15 pm 
King of Men

Eghad...I have always liked Saints Row but what the hell is this new Woke Millennial BS.......whatever.....I'll give it a turn and see where it goes. Maybe I can stomp out some crusading influencers on their phones!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Wait, how did they make Saints Row "woke"? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's literally a game about rap/mob stereotypes and shooting stuff!

My wife is hooked on Cult of the Lamb. A cult management game with some dungeon crawling, it's weird!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:04 pm 
Big in Japan

Not even sure I want it anymore, but my Steam Deck is ready. I reserved it in February so I might as well see it through. Although 750 bucks (including shipping) is a tough pill to swallow...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:50 am 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Not even sure I want it anymore, but my Steam Deck is ready. I reserved it in February so I might as well see it through. Although 750 bucks (including shipping) is a tough pill to swallow...

Great Beard of Zeus! I thought springing for a PS5 or a Nintendo Switch was bad......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:57 pm 
OTP Historian

Bosc wrote:
$55 for Breath of the Wild worth it over the $80 regular?

I did this. The game's pretty fun.

However, you're bang on about the inventory. If you're going to make weapons deteriorate, fucking stack them. It's a game, make it fun not tedious.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:46 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Wait, how did they make Saints Row "woke"? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's literally a game about rap/mob stereotypes and shooting stuff!

My wife is hooked on Cult of the Lamb. A cult management game with some dungeon crawling, it's weird!

My daughter is on this as well. I told her at least your finding out what to watch out for and you won't get sucked in by Amway.

Saints Row is meh.....ok so far.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:02 pm 
OTP Historian

BotW got a lot better when I looked up where the hell to go.

Trying out Pokemon Legends Arceus and it's pretty fun.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:54 am 
King of Men

Preordered a PSVR2 bundle from Playstation Direct.......yeah I know......I should have known better according to my personal history with Playstation over the years. Sony has done a great job of keeping this absolutely dreadful release under PR wraps.

How do you ship a blurry headset and controllers that don't work? Unknown to me......its probably a meet a deadline QA be damned approach like Cyberpunk.

Fortunately, after waiting over an hour to get to either chat or someone on the telephone (the chat won out) a rep told me to go to the Playstation Direct website to request a refund. Once I figured that out the process was simple and no questions asked. Probably a good thing as having experienced an Oculus this isn't anywhere close.

I can't even tell you who overdesigned this POS where it takes a mensa to figure out how to get the controllers in the official charger. Good riddance to this piece of shit! :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:10 pm 
OTP Historian

KSP2 early access and the maneuver nodes are a mess right now. Oh well, it'll eventually be great.

Last of Us on PC? Might be hard to swallow since I own the PS3 version but 4k would be insane. I'll see what the reviews are like.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:11 am 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
Preordered a PSVR2 bundle from Playstation Direct.......yeah I know......I should have known better according to my personal history with Playstation over the years. Sony has done a great job of keeping this absolutely dreadful release under PR wraps.

How do you ship a blurry headset and controllers that don't work? Unknown to me......its probably a meet a deadline QA be damned approach like Cyberpunk.

Fortunately, after waiting over an hour to get to either chat or someone on the telephone (the chat won out) a rep told me to go to the Playstation Direct website to request a refund. Once I figured that out the process was simple and no questions asked. Probably a good thing as having experienced an Oculus this isn't anywhere close.

I can't even tell you who overdesigned this POS where it takes a mensa to figure out how to get the controllers in the official charger. Good riddance to this piece of shit! :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap: :steamingpileofcrap:

So after returning this and having sony sit on it for over 2 weeks (after confirmed delivery) I had to initiate a charge back on my credit card. Piss Poor. :roll: :viking:

I am still amazed that Sony has been able to control the information getting out about how bad this release was. Clearly the units they delivered to review sites were QA'd but not the ones consumers bought. I would review some of the horrible games I played (oh joy rock climbing and blurry graphics) but couldn't get very far with the problems. PS VR 2 is a bonafide piece of shit.

In other news I upgraded to the streaming portion of PSN and it works pretty well. Kicks you out fast if you aren't doing anything but understandable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:01 am 
King of Men

Been wearing out Skyrim lately (runs so much better on PS5). A good run of Games coming. FF 16 (the demo was amazing), AC Mirage, Pragmata..Cyber Punk expansion. I will take a flyer on Diablo 4 when the price comes down and they flesh out the inventory bugs.

I got suckered into buying the Diablo 2 remake.....great game hampered by ridiculous inventory management which they did not fix.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:38 am 
King of Men

Rockstar or whoever they are now.....finally makes Red Dead Redemption available again. FULL PRICE. No gameplay updates or graphical improvements for next gen. Just a port at full price with zombie DLC included. This WAS a great game 13 years ago. Perhaps if this was a few years ago I would have bought it at this price but time has gone by........and the blatant cash grab just isn't enough to open my wallet.

I did finally conclude a playthrough of Skryim...and even though took me a long time to immerse myself in it......2 months is a hell of a bang for your buck.

Starfield (Skyrim in Space) is set to drop for the XBOX first week of september.....with no plans for a PS5 release before next spring if it all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:42 pm 
Big in Japan

Got the Steam Deck working on the 50 inch. Life is good.

Starfield looks good, but do I have the time to play?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:21 am 
Big in Japan

I'm hooked on a couple of puzzle games these days:

Hexagonal strategy game Dorfromantik and TikTok fruit stacking sensation Suika. I also play Tiles on NY Times every morning.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:34 pm 
King of Men

WrestleQuest is pretty good. If anyone is interested in a WD_BLACK 2TB SN850 NVMe let me know.....I'll cut you a deal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:07 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Found a site that has old school Super Mario to play for free. Kinda fun for a few minutes. https://supermarioplay.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 pm 
King of Men

https://www.ign.com/articles/suikoden-c ... a-has-died

Suikoden creator and Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising director Yoshitaka Murayama has passed away

Could be in the passing people thread but I thought it was better here to give shouts out to Suikoden!

Fortunately he maintained the Suikoden dream and finished Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes which is due out shortly.

I really like RPGs....and this one is up in my top 5.

https://rabbitandbearstudios.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:54 pm 
King of Men

In other gaming news KOTR remake isn't dead yet but I might be before it comes out.

Quote:
When asked whether "the licensed game" would be released in the next 12 months or if it was even further out, Wingford responded: "No, I think that kind of game needs some deep love and respect, so without giving full colour, I think it's some time left until that is released." The exact details of the deal remain unclear, but it seems KOTOR will remain "jointly held" by Embracer and Saber for some time. Bloomberg's Jason Schreier (whose reporting has been central to the story) is unsure "what kind of deal they struck."

Another questioner asked who at Embracer would oversee the remake: "Who will be in charge of it because I think it was transferred to Saber?" Wingford responded that he had no further comments on the licensed game.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/03 ... ing-on-ps5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:10 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Found a site that has old school Super Mario to play for free. Kinda fun for a few minutes. https://supermarioplay.com/

https://www.retrogames.cc/nes-games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35