OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaming Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:17 pm 
Big in Japan

Cool. I may give Andromeda a try, then.

Meanwhile, Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed till spring 2018. No surprise, seeing as Rockstar usually takes their sweet time.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:34 am 
OTP Historian

Know who's taking their sweet fucking time? Valve and Half-Life 3. Apparently no half-life writers are left at Valve anymore.

What a fucking shame. How do you not make that game?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:33 pm 
OTP Historian

XBox One X One Box X Box One One Box X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 am 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Did anyone play Mass Effect Andromeda? I loved the original series, but never got around to the latest one. Anyways, it hasn't done well and BioWare Montreal is being downsized to a support studio.

Tough business.

I've enjoyed it so far. To me its just Mass Effect without the Sheppard story line and maybe that's half the problem. Not too sure about the sexual ambiguity of some of the characters but I guess you can't judge a book by its cover nowadays....nevermind alien species.....my gaming love knows no boundaries! :woop:

Again only about 1/4 of the way into it but the mechanics are solid. I'll report more later.

Just finished this and I enjoyed the story and the way it ended. The Kett Archon was a little weak at first but even that ended up being ok. I enjoyed the way it tied in to the previous 3 not too much but just enough (you have to dive deep into the story to experience it). I also enjoyed the element of humour and sarcasm.....as an example there is a particular crew member who does not like to remain fully clothed.....his crewmates even poke fun at him later on in the game for it. Even though a lot of the tasks/missions were the typical bioware fetch fare for the most part I found them to be worth the effort. Some were overly tedious (having to endure unskippable space scenes) but there were only a few of those. I also did find myself skipping a lot of conversations....and there were A LOT. But as a guy that likes to complete pretty much every side mission before the main mission it kept me engaged. I only experienced 1 Crash on my entire playthrough. Not sure how it received so much hate. I thought it was a great beginning to a new trilogy. Too bad we probably won't see it now.

Horizon was still better but this one doesn't deserve all the shade thrown its way. As with the other ME games I will play this through again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:38 am 
OTP Historian

I still have to go back and play to the ME3 updated ending.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:02 am 
King of Men

uh...yeah...AC Origins is awesome.

In hindsight...I found the story blah......couldn't quite understand the relationship Bayek had with his woman.

Visually sharp and decent. Didn't care for a lot of the side quests....Hippodrome, Coliseum. Missed the Naval aspect.....ramming your reed boat into shit or being violated by gators isn't like boarding.

The Hippos were particularly dangerous en masse as were the lions and random appearing high level bandits.

Wandering around at a low level has its consequences!

Getting set on fire was a bit too easy and almost always resulted in death.

Overall it was decent but lacked the historical feel of the other ACs...strange since I felt this one might have had the most to give. Apparently that was a side purchase.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:35 am 
King of Men

Any of you folks playing fortnite? Can't say I understand any of these online multiplayer games......this generation is different...I played games as an individual journey and I still do.....this generation plays them socially and its part of their culture. My son plays this Smite game and gets banned by Xbox....you would have thought it was the end of the world. But then they just call each other on conference calls on their cell phones so banning doesn't do much.

Have to say I was a bit disappointed to see Bioware working on Anthem......I don't really care about having to buy a game and then buy a PS subscription just to play the required multiplayer. They did tease and say they are working on KOTR, Mass Effect and a new Dragon Crack so that's nice but who knows when that will be.

I recently finished AC:Rogue and it filled in a bunch of plot holes for me. Otherwise I've been pretty busy doing other things so I haven't had a lot of time to invest....Probably when AC Odyssey comes out I will make time for that one.

When I have a spare moment I am currently dabbling with Detroit Become Human. Very interesting...and ties in to some of the AI discussions we have had around here. Makes you question values and what constitutes alive..not once have I sided with the humans.....wonder what that says. More like a tell tale/story game but with much more polish, very well done. Its a bit short but has some decent replay value.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:54 am 
Big in Japan

I haven't gotten into Fortnite yet, but it's nuts to me how passionate the kids are about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:57 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

What makes it different from any other first-person shooter?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:41 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I watch my son play Fortnite sometimes and it reminds me of World of Warcraft battlegrounds. Think it is just simple smooth game play and knowing it is other real people you are beating that is it's key.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:05 pm 
OTP Historian

Picked up for $11 and quickly ran through West of Loathing, a funny turn-based stick figure RPG.

Played some of the Carmageddon reboot.

Banner Saga 3 released so playing that one now.

Picked up a copy of Red Dead Redemption a while back but haven't played it yet. Just don't get any time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:02 pm 
OTP Historian

For the Road Rash fans!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3003 ... edemption/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:07 pm 
King of Men

Dragon Quest was well done....

However here is a real review of Assassin's Creed Odyssey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8xcyx8vmYY

Funny as shit and on point!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:18 pm 

Not that I care a ton because I haven't ever played any of them, but why is dude from the latest Assassin's Creed not rockin' the white hoodie?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:00 am 
King of Men

FYI Red Dead Redemption......65 Hours in Main story game play alone......100 gigs of space required on the HD! Can you smell what Rockstar is cooking!?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
FYI Red Dead Redemption......65 Hours in Main story game play alone......100 gigs of space required on the HD! Can you smell what Rockstar is cooking!?

I might wait till the holidays to play this. I don't think I'll have the hours to dive into it till then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:03 pm 

Man, such a ruthless and toxic business model with the production of these games. It sounds like the rise and fall of Telltale was not the exception, but rather the norm.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 am 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

I might wait till the holidays to play this. I don't think I'll have the hours to dive into it till then.

Yeah I don't have the time right now so I am waiting for the holidays. Plus I am too busy Spartan kicking shit when I have free time and catching up on my Peloponnesian history......probably subject to change since school is around the corner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 pm 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
E.L. wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Yeah I don't have the time right now so I am waiting for the holidays. Plus I am too busy Spartan kicking shit when I have free time and catching up on my Peloponnesian history......probably subject to change since school is around the corner.

Powered through Odyssey before school started. Once I figured how to switch to the alternate controls the whole thing changed for me. Not a 10 but for sure a 9.0-9.5...the game itself is a 1 player masterpiece on par with Bio-ware games like Dragon Age, I would play it again if I needed to kill a month and a half.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 am 
OTP Historian

Has anyone played Kerbal Space Program? It's 17 bucks on Steam right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 696 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next