OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Thought I had a plant stalk draped over my truck's nerf bar. I picked it up and in wetland nerd fashion, tried to ID the plant it came from. Rolling it between my fingers... Very tough stalk, but not quite woody. Weird ovalized structure... Got thicker at the base, which branched out, less like a root and more like. Like. Ummm, is that a fucking raccoon claw? Oh my fucking god, I'm standing here rolling a raccoon leg tendon between my fingers. Asshole in front of me ran over that roadkill last night. Fucking gross. Fucking gross fucking gross...

So how's your morning going?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am 
OTP Clown

Better than yours I'm thinking...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 am 
OTP Historian

:lol: Eww

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:53 am 

Stinky wrote:
Better than yours I'm thinking...

Chris's morning is still better than of the racoon's

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:55 pm 
Big in Japan

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:52 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I read these posts in reverse and thought Chris was messing with something other than the raccoon's tendon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
I read these posts in reverse and thought Chris was messing with something other than the raccoon's tendon.

It was like 15" long. :lol:

But I do have a good story about that. Raccoons actually have a bone in their penis. Baculum. A woman I worked with picked one up and asked one of our older coworkers what it is. (The raccoon had been picked clean way earlier and the bones were scattered so she didn't know what it was). Thinking she'd be horrified, disgusted or that he was a perv, he gently explained, while cringing. Her reaction? "COOL! And threw it into her purse." :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:16 pm 
OTP Clown

Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:

It was like 15" long. :lol:

But I do have a good story about that. Raccoons actually have a bone in their penis. Baculum. A woman I worked with picked one up and asked one of our older coworkers what it is. (The raccoon had been picked clean way earlier and the bones were scattered so she didn't know what it was). Thinking she'd be horrified, disgusted or that he was a perv, he gently explained, while cringing. Her reaction? "COOL! And threw it into her purse." :shock:

At which point in time I would have asked her on a date...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:30 am 

Holy crap is this awkward. Comedian asks questions, gets an answer he has no idea how to deal with. :lol:

https://digg.com/video/comedian-asks-au ... ily-murder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:03 am 

Ice maker has been broken for like 3 months. I replaced it 2 months ago and it still didn't work. Last night I brought the iPad over and played the scene from Office Space where they smash the fax machine, then replaced the wiring harness. Works like a champ now. Was it a bad wiring harness, or the threat of being smashed to pieces? Mhmmm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:03 pm 
OTP Historian

I was doing groceries today and they have a thing for donating a toonie, toonies for tummies, to get kids meals. The cashier asked me last time and this time a different cashier didn't ask so I told the cashier that I'd do it.

The cashier said that she stopped asking because people were actually getting mad, "Why are you asking for money??". I know we can never know truly know what's going on with people and why they react, but holy shit. A simple no thank you would suffice, give me a fucking break.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:10 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
I was doing groceries today and they have a thing for donating a toonie, toonies for tummies, to get kids meals. The cashier asked me last time and this time a different cashier didn't ask so I told the cashier that I'd do it.

The cashier said that she stopped asking because people were actually getting mad, "Why are you asking for money??". I know we can never know truly know what's going on with people and why they react, but holy shit. A simple no thank you would suffice, give me a fucking break.

It's actually a bit of a scam. The supermarket in turn donates the money and claims the tax credit. Other companies are not transparent about how much they donate and where it goes. Indigo ran a major scam with their donations https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/checko ... -1.2963923

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:

It's actually a bit of a scam. The supermarket in turn donates the money and claims the tax credit. Other companies are not transparent about how much they donate and where it goes. Indigo ran a major scam with their donations https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/checko ... -1.2963923

Yeah I figured that from our company campaign stuff that they are getting the tax credit. I'm fine with donating a toonie or whatever, we are lucky that we have enough that I'm not too worried about the tax credit on that. Bigger stuff I will certainly make the donation myself.

Quote:
“I want to know how the money is being allocated. I want to know how much of my two dollars is going to administration, how much of my two dollars is going to overhead, how much is actually going to the [stated] person or persons or organization,” Kemp-Jackson told Marketplace co-host Tom Harrington.

Yeah sorry but that is far too exhausting for a freaking cashier to have to understand and explain. They're asked to collect donations, not to know the ins and outs of the financials of the campaign.

Companies should definitely have more transparency and if people are wary that information should certainly be available.

Quote:
Many feel inconvenienced, embarrassed or even angry when asked.

I feel like nobody should feel inconvenienced or angry when asked. A simple no thank you would be fine. Embarrassed? Yeah, sometimes I'll feel a bit embarrassed saying no to being asked to donate a few bucks to Sick Kids Hospital even when we've already made a way bigger donation to them earlier than what's being asked. Maybe people are embarrassed because they can't afford to. Does that lead people to feeling angry?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:44 am 

I have a splinter so deep in my thumb, I think it's touching my soul. Fuck you red oak! I'm burning your parent log today. Slowly!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:21 am 

Did someone do something to fix the post eating timeout thing? I haven't lost one in a while. If so- thank you!
Or am I just getting that much faster at typing out my marathon posts?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:33 am 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:
Did someone do something to fix the post eating timeout thing? I haven't lost one in a while. If so- thank you!

Its back with a vengeance now!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:55 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Fuck. I woke it from its slumber. :chairshot:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:47 am 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Fuck. I woke it from its slumber. :chairshot:

Seriously.....it was fine...you mentioned it....and now its worse than it ever was. E.L. can you look at this?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 pm 

But I'm not losing posts like I used to- sends me back to the submission/edit screen. shrug.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:40 pm 
OTP Historian

Guess who's a goddam fucking idiot who got really mad about work yesterday, threw his corded headphones at his laptop like he's done a thousand times before, but this time one of them hit his 1.5 year old 29" ultrawide monitor and cracked the screen?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 152  Next