OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 152  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:38 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Get to drive again tomorrow, after a heart attack like mine in Ontario you are not allowed to drive for four week. Driving it turns out is something I took for granted...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:52 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Get to drive again tomorrow, after a heart attack like mine in Ontario you are not allowed to drive for four week. Driving it turns out is something I took for granted...

Glad to hear it, buddy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:50 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

Glad to hear it, buddy!

Seconded!
Just don't be taking selfies while you're driving, or otherwise letting the world know you're back behind the wheel! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:06 pm 

It took me 2.5 times longer to get to work today due to traffic. When people slow down and rubberneck, I wish they would get explosive diarrhea, and fill their front seat cushion foam with liquidified shit.

Then I got to work to see that once again, some animal in dress clothes has pissed all over the floor in front of the urinal. How the fuck does someone do that???

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:51 pm 
King of Men

Chris18 wrote:
It took me 2.5 times longer to get to work today due to traffic. When people slow down and rubberneck, I wish they would get explosive diarrhea, and fill their front seat cushion foam with liquidified shit.

Then I got to work to see that once again, some animal in dress clothes has pissed all over the floor in front of the urinal. How the fuck does someone do that???

This phenomenon is called Dickllusion of Grandeur.....it is when you think you dick is so big that you need to stand at least 6 inches back from the urinal. This causes you to piss on the floor initially and at the end. But of course someone affected with this milady will never question tiny tim as they will be too busy having wild hose or shaking their fantasy dirk diggler vigorously to finish it off. It happens in every man's restroom and is only rectified by old school urinals that went all the way to the floor (see The Cruise room at the Oxford Hotel). It gets worse and worse as the day progresses because every man has to stand farther back to avoid Lake Winnipissake.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:21 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

This phenomenon is called Dickllusion of Grandeur.....it is when you think you dick is so big that you need to stand at least 6 inches back from the urinal. This causes you to piss on the floor initially and at the end. But of course someone affected with this milady will never question tiny tim as they will be too busy having wild hose or shaking their fantasy dirk diggler vigorously to finish it off. It happens in every man's restroom and is only rectified by old school urinals that went all the way to the floor (see The Cruise room at the Oxford Hotel). It gets worse and worse as the day progresses because every man has to stand farther back to avoid Lake Winnipissake.

I stand with my feet like 3' apart to avoid stepping in piss. Much more and I'm going to be in a butterfly.

But this is a common thing? I've never noticed it elsewhere. Myself and a few coworkers are keeping track of who isn't in the office on the rare days that it doesn't happen, in hopes of embarrassing the shit out of the guy who does it one of these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:01 am 
Big in Japan

Montreal is very unpleasant these days. A lot of construction work everywhere and it's producing a fair amount of smog.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:11 pm 

Had to take down a dying sugar maple in my yard. While splitting it, a bunch of sap pooled up and then shot all over my face as the splitter broke through. I feel like I got a Canadian facial. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:09 am 
OTP Clown

:haha:

On a slightly different note:

I've stared playing hockey again.

Three times on the ice in full gear so far.

First times in 25 years.

Holy fuck it's tiring.

I'm playing once a week pick up.

All I really like to do is pass the puck and piss off the good players with some timely poke checks.

That and a bit of silly trash talk.

Sometimes I bark at people when I'm chasing them in the corners.

Like a dog.

It's been really fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:19 am 

Excellent Jim. Surfing & playing hockey. Living the dream.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:19 pm 
OTPoliceman

drl perfect III wrote:
So I heard earlier in the evening that where my daughter works in St. John's, two men robbed the store. One of them had my daughter lay down on the floor with a gun to the back of her head while the other ordered the rest of the staff to give up the drugs and open the safe for the money. She's physically OK but quite shook up. I let her know if the police don't catch these guys soon, we could go junkie hunting when I get out there May 31.

So, a little follow up on this situation. We did go out to Newfy to visit our daughter and her boyfriend at the end of May. She told us the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary had investigated the robbery and came to the conclusion they didn't have enough evidence to arrest anyone or lay any charges. Our daughter told us most people have a good idea who was behind the robbery, they think it was some one from one of the smaller towns just outside St. Johns. After all, it's not a large population around that part of Canada. Everyone seems to know everyone and each other's business. My bullshit detector went off, I think the RNC were dragging their feet which suggests to me the ringleader of the robbers has a powerful and influential family member protecting them. I mean get real: Some one has a gun pointed at their head and the police drag their collective feet investigating? Something smells rotten in St Johns. So one of the things that was worrying me was that these robbers having been successful in their heist and not getting caught would try to come back and rob the store again. Our daughter and her boyfriend were scheduled to move back to BC at the end of June (planned before the robbery) and I was worried she would get caught in this situation once more. She finished her time at the store without incident. Well guess what - on July 3 the store got robbed again. What a surprise. Here are links to the two incidences. My daughter was caught in the first one:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundl ... -1.3580485

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2 ... tigation/1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:50 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

That sucks. Glad she wasn't there the second time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:25 pm 

Jesus. Glad she's out of there!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:35 pm 
OTP Historian

Very glad to hear that she missed the second round, Mr. P. I hope she's recovering well from the first one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:34 am 
OTP Historian

I've been wanting to get a bike and a kid seat for a while to take Leila around riding, and do something more for exercise than playing hockey once a week.

I haven't had or ridden a bike in probably, 16 years? Last bike I owned was a Dyno Nitro BMX back in high school that got stolen a few months after I bought it from my brother's friend. Hadn't owned or ridden one since.

Went and tried riding a couple of bikes at a store in town. Holy crap I can't believe how much I miss riding now.

Looking at either a mountain bike or more of a street/dirt hybrid. Rather than just getting a street bike where I can't take it off the street, getting something that I can take it off if I ever want to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:31 pm 

Bosc wrote:
I've been wanting to get a bike and a kid seat for a while to take Leila around riding, and do something more for exercise than playing hockey once a week.

I haven't had or ridden a bike in probably, 16 years? Last bike I owned was a Dyno Nitro BMX back in high school that got stolen a few months after I bought it from my brother's friend. Hadn't owned or ridden one since.

Went and tried riding a couple of bikes at a store in town. Holy crap I can't believe how much I miss riding now.

Looking at either a mountain bike or more of a street/dirt hybrid. Rather than just getting a street bike where I can't take it off the street, getting something that I can take it off if I ever want to.

You can always put road tires on a mountain or hybrid. You can't just throw dirt tires on a road bike and ride, or you could break your ass. Just my $0.02.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:56 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

You can always put road tires on a mountain or hybrid. You can't just throw dirt tires on a road bike and ride, or you could break your ass. Just my $0.02.

Yeah that was my thought as well.

Dude at the store also mentioned that it'll be more work riding a mountain bike on the road, but that's fine. I'm going for exercise, not distance!

Gonna be weird riding something with gears and a front brake :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:52 am 

Bosc wrote:

Dude at the store also mentioned that it'll be more work riding a mountain bike on the road, but that's fine. I'm going for exercise, not distance!

Also, if you're looking to put a child seat on it, a mountain bike will have a stronger frame and a more stable geometry. Just be really careful with the child seat. If you fall, that's a long way for a kid to go before the pavement. I opted for a trailer instead of the high up seat. You can find them cheap on Ebay & other places like that. They're much safer. I hate to sound like a safety nerd/paranoid parent, but I've never been a fan of what we in the bike business used to call "kidapults". I've never known anyone who had a bad experience, but I've heard stories. I guess it also depends on where you're riding. I don't know if it's worse to have the kid within arms reach behind you, but high up, or 5' behind you on the ground, where others may not look for them... If you're riding around traffic that is. If you're only on bike paths or places like that, the trailer is probably better. Around traffic, the seat might be better. Either way, we can't protect the little ones from everything, and they need to get out & see the world... Best of luck with it all, no matter what you decide. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:48 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Also, if you're looking to put a child seat on it, a mountain bike will have a stronger frame and a more stable geometry. Just be really careful with the child seat. If you fall, that's a long way for a kid to go before the pavement. I opted for a trailer instead of the high up seat. You can find them cheap on Ebay & other places like that. They're much safer. I hate to sound like a safety nerd/paranoid parent, but I've never been a fan of what we in the bike business used to call "kidapults". I've never known anyone who had a bad experience, but I've heard stories. I guess it also depends on where you're riding. I don't know if it's worse to have the kid within arms reach behind you, but high up, or 5' behind you on the ground, where others may not look for them... If you're riding around traffic that is. If you're only on bike paths or places like that, the trailer is probably better. Around traffic, the seat might be better. Either way, we can't protect the little ones from everything, and they need to get out & see the world... Best of luck with it all, no matter what you decide. :D

Thanks for the info and thoughts! Much appreciated. Planning on starting on bike paths with Leila seeing as how I haven't ridden for a long time.

This is what I'm looking at right now.

http://www.costco.ca/WeeRide%E2%84%A2-K ... 25304.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:00 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Thanks for the info and thoughts! Much appreciated. Planning on starting on bike paths with Leila seeing as how I haven't ridden for a long time.

This is what I'm looking at right now.

http://www.costco.ca/WeeRide%E2%84%A2-K ... 25304.html

That's pretty cool. I've never seen one like that before. It eliminates the potential for round-house kicks to the kid's head as you dismount, like the old style ones. :lol: It also looks good that you have them in front of you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 152  Next